Bestselling Women's Hiking Pants in 2020
White Sierra Women's Sierra Point 31-Inch Inseam Convertible Pant, Large, Caviar
- UPF sun protection fabric. The left pant leg has a mesh pocket specially designed to hold the removed legs in a self contained pocket. If you prefer, roll the legs and stuff them into that pocket.
- Teflon fabric protector waterproofing
- Convertible pant - zip off legs
- Travel friendly Quick Dry fabric
- Comfort fi t side elastic
- UPF 30 sun protection
- Comfort fit side elastic
Columbia Women's Saturday Trail Pant, Grill, 8/Regular
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia's Saturday Trail Pant features Omni-Shade UPF 50 fabric for maxium protection against the sun and Omni-Shield technology for advanced water and stain repellency to keep you cool and dry.
- HANDY FEATURES: This women's cargo pant features two side-zip security pockets with mesh pocket bags.
- ADJUSTABLE COMFORT: Columbia Women's Saturday Trail Pant features gusset detail, articulated knees, and leg hem cinches for the ultimate adjustable comfort.
- ACTIVE FIT: This women's cargo pant is crafted of 96% nylon and 4% elastane Summiteer Lite 2-way comfort stretch fabric with an active fit for comfortable movement. It also features a straight leg and mid rise.
- Columbia's Saturday Trail Pant is the perfect cargo pant for comfortable and stylish hiking.
Singbring Women's Outdoor Lightweight Waterproof Hiking Mountain Pants Medium Black(608)
- Soft shell polyester
- Adjustable waist allows pant to fit comfortably
- Zippered front pockets
- Outdoor pants for hiking,climbing,traveling,camping,mountaineering,fishing
prAna Living Women's Short Inseam Halle Pant, Coal, 6
- Cross-functional pant
Columbia Women's Anytime Outdoor Boot Cut Pant, black, 10Regular
- COMFORTABLE ACTIVE PANTS FOR WOMEN: The Columbia Women's Anytime Outdoor Boot Cut Pant is comfortable, relaxing, and cozy. Made with a short (30-inch) or regular (32-inch) inseam, these women's pants are available in multiple sizes.
- DURABLE WOMEN'S STRETCH PANTS: Columbia places an emphasis on product quality by making these outdoor boot-cut pants resistant to stains, rain, and harmful UV rays. They are perfect for daily indoor or outdoor use.
- ACTIVE FIT: Our anytime outdoor pants for women are designed with an active body-skimming fit with end-use mobility in mind. They are comfortable to wear during outdoor excursions or everyday errands. This pant is equipped with a drawstring closure.
- SUPERIOR MATERIAL CONSTRUCTION: You can depend on Columbia products to hold up against constant and frequent use. These 2-way comfort stretch pants are made from 96% nylon and 4% Elastane Summiteer Lite materials, and are machine wash friendly.
- OMNI-SHIELD: Go ahead, try and get dirty. Omni-Shield helps you stay clean and dry by resisting the absorption of liquids. Unlike most fabrics that absorb moisture, Omni-Shield repels moisture and dries quickly-avoiding stains and keeping you clean.
Nonwe Women's Hiking Cargo Pant Black M/30 Inseam
- Partial adjustable waist allows pants to fit comfortably
- Zip fly with button, regular fit
- Straight Leg, Multi pockets
- Water-Resistant, quick dry, breathable, lightweight, wearing more comfortable.
- Washing: Machine/Hand wash cold, No bleach.
Geval Women's Outdoor Windproof Waterproof Softshell Fleece Snow Pants (M,Black)
- 100% Polyester
- Surface layer water repellent breathable coating,inner layer polar fleece
- Exquisite workmanship,soft and very comfortable fabric
- Two zip pockets,be easier to carry stuff
- Great for Winter outdoor sports like camping & hiking,snow skiing,travelling,climbing,cycling,hunting ect
Columbia Women's Storm Surge Pant, Black, Medium
- Elastic-waist weatherproof pant in relaxed fit with roomy opening.Inseam: 31inch regular
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs
- Fully seam sealed
- Does not have pockets
Women's Outdoor Quick Dry Convertible Lightweight Hiking Fishing Zip Off Cargo Pant #1088F,Army Green,US M(31-32)
- Quick dry fabric for maximum comfort, Comfort fit side elastic waist.
- Function: elastic waist, water repellent, wear-resisting, breathe freely, dry fit, equipped with a belt.
- UPF sun protection fabric reduces your exposure to harmful UVA/UVB radiation.
- US size, Zip-off pant legs make for an easy change from pants to shorts
- Suitable for casual and outdoor recreation wear, such as hiking, travel, skiing, riding, walking, camping, mountaineering, hunt, climb, etc.
Nonwe Women's Outdoor Hiking Pants Black M/30 Inseam
- Adjustable elastic waist makes the pant perfect fit.
- quick dry, breathable, lightweight.
- Elastic hem with drawstring makes the pants hem freely so that more convenient for sports
- It is ideal for hiking,running fishing, climbing, traveling, and other outdoor sports.
- Washing: Machine/Hand wash cold, No bleach.
Women Fleeced Snow Hiking Pants Water Repellent Windproof Outdoor Sports Softshell Winter Pants Black XL
- Water repellent & windproof fabric on surface and soft breathable thick fleece inside, keeping warm and dry. CAN'T resist heavy rain.
- Two deep front pockets and one rear pockets with qualified zipper, convenient for outdoor sports and work.
- Elasticated wastband with adjuatable belt & sturdy fabric and flexible design in knee part for comfortable outdoor hiking skiing.
- Fit for winter sports: snow skiing mountain hiking camping hunting travelling fishing and daily casual wear in cold days.
- Size note: plz choose one size bigger than usual if want a loose fit or attention to the size chart in image.
Duofold Women's Mid Weight Wicking Thermal Leggings, Black, Medium
- Double-layer thermal for warmth in cold weather
- Cold weather, low-impact activities
- Moisture control
- Flat lock seams to avoid irritation
- Pointelle fabrication for added feminine detail
Unitop Women's Quick Dry Convertible Hiking Pants Light Light Green M 30"
- Part Elastic Waist at sides
- Convertible Desgin,with Velcro Pockets
- Quick Qry,Water Resistant,Not For Rainy Days
- For Dailywear,Outdoorwear Or Travelwear
- Hand Wash and Machine Wash
How to Prepare for Your First Hiking Trip
Here are tips to help prepare for your first hiking trip.
The first thing to do is get into good physical condition. We started to hit the walking trails in the park six months before our vacation. In the beginning phase, we walked three miles per day five days per week and then increased that to nearly five miles per day. If you live in a place where there are no hills then you can wear a hiking backpack with weights inside it to make the walk more difficult. This will better prepare you for mountain hiking and rock climbing. Walking up and down stairs or the bleachers at your local high school is very good for strengthening your leg muscles.
Strength training is an absolute must. A little weightlifting is perfect for that. A great idea would be to carry a set of dumbbells in your backpack as you walk in the park and then use those dumbbells to do strength exercises in the park as you enjoy the sound of the birds singing and just being in the great outdoors.
My daughter and I hiked during the daytime hours but slept indoors at night so our equipment needs were light as we not camp outdoors or take a tent or sleeping bags. We took too much on our first hiking trip and had to carry extra so we will lighten the load drastically on our next trip.
If you are hitting the hiking trails in a hot place then you might prefer to wear a tank top and shorts. We were hiking in Vermont in late September and early October so it was cold and a little rainy on the trails. Hiking pants are a wonderful wardrobe addition because they can be worn as long pants when it's cold, and as the temperature rises you just unzip them at the knee and they become hiking shorts. Each day, I wore a tank top with a T-shirt on top of that and a fleece-lined hoodie. We took rain ponchos from our local dollar store. This worked great. They only cost a couple of dollars. We wore them when it rained, and also spread them out on the ground to sit on at lunch time next to a beautiful lake or stream or waterfall when it was not raining. We also took a sweater cap and gloves. My daughter used hers quite a bit, but I did not use mine as much.
The most important things to remember are to get good hiking boots, hiking socks and moleskin to apply to any blisters on your feet.
A day pack is large enough to carry all equipment needed for a day trip. It will hold your water bottles, compass, Swiss army knife, lunch, trail mix, camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repellent, wet wipes and any other miscellaneous items.
Hiking poles are a necessity. Mine were lost at the airport the first day of our trip, and I had a very difficult hike that day. The poles help to keep you steady and to reduce the potential of slipping or falling.
Be sure to take a minimum of two bottles of water per person because not having enough hydration can lead to dangerous consequences.
With the proper preparation, hiking is a fun and rewarding experience for the entire family, although you will need to adjust the length and difficulty of your hikes if you are taking younger children along. Just preparing for the trip will make you healthier. Get out there and enjoy the outdoors. It is good for the spirit.