Bestselling Water Purification System Accessories in 2020
Sawyer Products SP128 MINI Water Filtration System, Single, Blue
Camco EVO Premium RV/Marine Water Filter, Greatly Reduces Bad Taste, Odor, Sediment, Bacteria, Chlorine And Much More (40631), default title
- Includes filter housing, one extension hose and one replaceable premium spun polypropylene filter cartridge
- Filter lasts one camping season
- 5 micron barrier and granulated active carbon reduces bad taste, odors, sediments, bacteria, chlorine and much more
- Filter is replaceable
- CSA low lead content certified and complies with California's AB1953 and Vermont Act 193 Low Lead Laws
3M Purification 6217401 Bypass Plug for Water Purification System
- Use for water purification system part number 160946-03-000
- Winnebago Industries part number 160946-03-700
Camco TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector Greatly Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine and Sediment in Drinking Water (40043)
- Inline Design and Higher Flow Rate- Water filter stays aligned with water hose during use and has a wide body for higher capacity and flow rate
- One Filter Per Camping Season - Can last an entire camping season and has Granular Activated Carbon to provide safe drinking water from any potable water source. Made in the USA and is CSA certified
- Built-In Filter Removes Bacteria, Carbon, and More- Reduces chlorine, odor, contaminants, sediment, and particulates for better taste and healthier drinking water. 20 micron sediment filter greatly reduces bad taste, odors, chlorine and sediment in drinking water, perfect for use at campsites. Extra Filtration with the Use of GAC and KDF Technology- Uses a KDF Fluid Treatment for filtration. Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF) is a high-purity copper-zinc formulation that uses a basic chemical process known as redox (oxidation/reduction) to remove chemicals that give unpleasant odors or tastes to water such as hydrogen sulfide and chlorine. KDF also prevents the growth of fungus, bacteria and mold when the filter is not in use
- Comes with Flexible Hose Protector- Flexible Hose Protector by Camco eliminates water hose crimping and straining. Allows water hose to bend at sharp angles and prevents straining your water hose
- Multiple Uses- Can be attached to any standard gardening or water hose to provide healthier drinking water and cleaner water overall. Great for RVs, boats, campers, pets, gardening, washing cars and much more
GRAYL Ultralight Water Purifier [+ Filter] Bottle (Blue)
- Ideal for global traveling, outdoor adventures, emergency preparedness, hiking, backpacking, camping, fishing, survival
- Fast and easy-to-use, simply Fill. Press. Drink. No sucking, squeezing, pumping, prolonged waiting, ultraviolet bulbs, or batteries
- Award winning [ONE PRESS] design makes clean, purified drinking water in only 15 seconds from virtually any fresh water source in the world
- Removes 99.9999% of viruses (e.g. Hepatitis A, SARS, Rotavirus); 99.9999% of disease-causing bacteria (e.g. E. coli, Salmonella, Cholera); and 99.999% of protozoan cysts (e.g. Giardia, Cryptosporidium)
- Filters particulates (e.g. sediment, silt), many chemicals (e.g. chlorine, benzene) and heavy metals (e.g. lead, arsenic); zero aftertaste, eliminates bad odors, improves clarity and flavor
Havin Stainless Steel Non-air gap Lead Free Reverse Osmosis Faucet,Drinking Water Faucet,Beverage Faucet,Non Air Gap Fit for 1/4" & 3/8 Inch Tubing,Brushed Nickel (Round Style)
- This reverse osmosis faucet is fit for 1/4" & 3/8" tubing connection,one inlet tube connect.
- 1 hole deck-mounted;hole size is from 1/2 inch to 1 1/4 inch.usually not use for 1 3/8" hole.
- Please be noted this drinking water faucet is without air gap.
- The water faucet is with ceramic cartridge,can be 360 degree swivel spout ,100% water test ,make sure no Leak.
- Easy to install with installation instruction.if any questions,please send E-mail to us,we will try our best to make our customer satisfy.
PURE GREEN WATER FILTER Activated Charcoal Water Purification Filters - For Keurig - Universal - Pack of 12 Pieces
- FINE CHARCOAL ABSORPTION : Activated charcoal water filters absorb a tremendous amount of substances and trap contaminants for quite some time before you should change the filter out
- LOOK AFTER HEALTH : Drinking water in a coffee or in any other option, from source, can affect your health as for potentially harmful contaminants that water contains potentially, therefore using active charcoal will definitely purify the water by eliminating chlorine, sediment, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), taste and odor from water. In r addition it will NOT affect the minerals, salts, and dissolved inorganic compounds which are vital.
- UNIVERSAL FOR KEURIG COFFEE MAKERS : These replacement filters are specifically designed for all Keurig brand coffeemakers that require water filters and fits all Keurig machines manufactured after 2007 like Elite,Classic, Ultra, Special Edition, Ultimate and Platinum.
- PREMIUM 12 PIECE SPECIAL PACK : Try out our special 12 pack offer with Premium Quality that meets or exceeds original filters
- EASY TO REPLACE : very easy and convinient to replace and start to enjoy a TASTY cup of coffee
TrekUltra Personal Water Filter Straw with Emergency Camping Canteen - Portable Ultra Lightweight Water Purification and Filtration System for Hiking Backpacking Prepping and Survival Kit Supplies
- BUY NOW for USE IN SURVIVAL KITS OR CAMPING GEAR: Personal Filtration Straw is ideal for outdoor adventuring or emergency preparedness. Use it for hiking, backpacking, kayaking, bug out bags, survival packs and more!
- CREATES SAFE DRINKING WATER: Filters even in turbid or stagnant water, our straw is tested and certified to remove parasites, chemicals, heavy metals, contaminants and waterborne pathogens.
- COMPACT & EASY TO USE: At just 1.6 oz. and 6.5" tall, our portable straws can easily slip into a pocket or bag to be used at a moment's notice. It's also easy to use so you don't have to fumble with a complicated water filtration system while traveling.
- EXCEEDS EPA/ANSI PROTOCOLS: Filters were designed and tested for safety to remove parasites and kill bacteria, we use an Iodinated Resin that has been approved by the EPA to ensure a fresh, clear taste that's safe for people of all ages.
- INCLUDES EMERGENCY CANTEEN: Includes a free emergency canteen, carry case and back flush kit. The included backflush bulb will help to improve the performance of the straw and extend the life of the filter. Made in the USA.
Aquasana AQ-4100 Deluxe Shower Water Filter System with Adjustable Showerhead
LifeStraw Family 1.0 Portable Gravity Powered Water Purifier for Emergency Preparedness and Camping
- Award-winning LifeStraw Family is used by over 13,200,000 people worldwide
- Surpasses EPA standards for water purifiers: removes 99.99% viruses, 99.9999% bacteria and 99.9% protozoan cysts to 0.02 microns
- Purifies 18,000 liters/4755 gallons WITHOUT iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals; Clean drinking water for a family of four for 3 years
- Gravity filter - pour water in the top and clean water comes out the bottom; Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies
- Flow rate of 9 -12 liters per hour
How to Build a DIY Water Filter with a Black Berkey Filter Element for $70
This article will show you how to build a Berkey water filter for $70. Be prepared for emergencies, camping, floods etc. Gravity powered filters are great for green, off-grid homes and hunting cabins because no electrical energy is needed.
Pathogenic Bacteria and Cysts (E. Coli, Klebsiella, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Raoltella Terrigena) - Reduced to 99.9999%
Viruses (MS2 - Fr Coliphage) - Reduced to 99.999%
Parasites - Reduced to 99.9999
Harmful or unwanted chemicals such as herbicides and pesticides Chlorine Removed to Below Detectable Limits
Organic solvents (Trihalomethanes - Bromodichloromethane, Bromoform, Chloroform, Dibromochloromethane) - Removed to Below Detectable Limits
(Methyl tert-Butyl Ehter) Removed to Below Detectable Limits
Other VOC Removed to Below Detectable Limits Sediment
Cloudiness Sediments Radiologicals Radon 222 - Removed to Below Detectable Limits
Nitrates Nitrites Heavy metals - Up to 95%
Foul tastes and odor
Berkey filters sell for several hundred dollars, but you don't have to spend that much. I have to give credit where it's due. I first got the idea for this from Steve Spence at Green Trust, but his filter is not collapsible because he uses it on a daily basis. Steve has a short video along other off-grid and "green" information on his site.
I have city water, but I wanted to have a portable filter for camping or to use during a water emergency like a broken main or flooding. Water plants could be shut down during an extended power failure. We had a heavy rain in October of 2020. Most of our neighboring county was under an order to boil drinking water for a week because the treatment plant was overwhelmed. Don't forget you'll also need clean water for dishes and washing up. Using bottled water could get expensive if the situation lasts a few days and the supermarkets are sure to run dry quickly.
I have a slide-in pick up truck camper so space is an issue. I made a couple simple changes to Steve's plans to allow the buckets to nest inside each other when the filter is stored. I also added a third bucket with a filter bag to catch large particles and increase the life of the pricey Berkey element. The third bucket and filter bag is only needed if you are forced to filter dirty surface or run off water during an emergency, survival or camping situation. It's not needed for well or city water.
The filter elements come with a threaded fitting, nuts and rubber gaskets. The filter is made by installing the elements in one bucket which hold the dirty water. It sits on top of the clean bucket and the water just drips down. I made the top half of the filter by drilling two 1/2" holes in the bottom of the bucket for the filter elements. You need to drill matching holes through one of your lids to allow the water to drip into the bottom half of the filter. Instead of bolting the lid for the lower bucket to the bottom of the top bucket with the filter elements, I simply secured the elements into the top bucket and allow the threaded fittings to pass through the holes in the lid. This makes it possible to slip the top bucket into the bottom bucket for storage. I drilled a hole in the side of the lower bucket near the bottom of the bucket for a push button dispenser. Be careful not to over tighten the plastic threads on the filters or the water nozzle. Make it hand tight and check for leaks. Snug it up if needed. The filters come with instruction for leak checking the elements. Remember these filters will need some time to clean your water. They won't fill your canteen instantly like a hiker's pump filter so set it up as soon as you make camp. You can fit several filters into a bucket. The more you use, the faster it will work. Using only element per filter will cut the cost down to about $70. The filter we use in our home only has 1 element, but the filter in our camper has more to provide clean water for washing.
The third bucket sits on top of the filter when needed. Just cut a hole in the lid of the bucket a bit smaller than your filter bag allowing the bag to hang inside the bucket. Add a fitting or just drill a hole in the bottom of the bucket to allow the water to drain into the bucket containing the Berkey element. The filter bag will catch most of the large debris and it can be shaken or rinsed out when it gets dirty.
My wife was concerned about our family, especially our son, ingesting chlorine and other chemicals in our city drinking water. She was only allowing him to drink bottled water. I showed her the information on these filters. We set one up in our mud room and she stopped buying the bottled water.
Finding the parts.
Steve Spence is a Berkey dealer. He has the Berkey Black filters available at GreenTrust.Org. They can be found on eBay and many other sites. The filters come in a pack of two for about $100-$120. You can get free food grade buckets from a bakery, deli, diner or just about any other prepared food outlet. New food grade buckets are available online. The dispenser nozzles are also on eBay, but I purchased a couple from a local Ace hardware store. They are replacement nozzles for Igloo coolers and cost about $6. Filter bags are available all over the internet and come in various sizes. I would suggest a 1 micron bag.