Bestselling Universal Hose Fittings in 2020
Hongso TA001 Universal Fit Propane Tank Adapter Converts POL to QCC1 / Type 1 Wrench to Hand Tighten Old to POL Cylinder Valve
- Hongso TA001 Universal Fit Propane Tank Adapter Converts POL to QCC1 / Type 1 Wrench to Hand Tighten Old to New Style - POL Cylinder Valve
- Adapts P.O.L. tank valves to fit Type 1 hoses and regulators; Converts POL LP Tank to QCC1/Type1 hoses and regulators.
- Hand wheel for easy grip; Connect appliance to a 20lb or 30lb refillable propane cylinder
- Material: Brass; Guarantee HIGH QUALITY
- Original part number: 11051; Easy to install
Big Horn 11600- 6 x 1 Inch Universal Adapter
- Simply cut at the diameter you need
- Adapts to the size needed to fit your machine port or smaller hose
- Fits 6-Inch, 5-Inch, 4-Inch, 3-Inch, 2-1/2-Inch, 2-Inch, and 1-Inch Outer Diameters
- For best connection use hose clamps (not included)
- Made from durable ABS plastic
3/4" Garden Hose Quick Connector Value Pack
attwood 88FBM104-6 Universal Fuel Hose Fitting - Male 1/8" NPT x 3/8" Barb, Brass
- 1/8" NPTF x 3/8" barb
- Male connection
- Brass construction
- Clamps not included
- For use with Universal brand engines and tanks
- 1/8" NPT x 3/8" barb fitting
- Male thread, hose barb
- Constructed out of brass
Amflo 406 Brass Barb Fitting-3/8 Hose ID X 1/4" Male NPT
- Brass Hose barb fitting
- Machined, single piece, all brass Construction
- Use to connect Hoses and equipment or wherever a threaded barbed fitting is required
- 3/8 inch Hose ID x 1/4 inch Male NPT
- Sold individually
GASPRO 6FT Low Pressure Propane Regulator with CSA Certified LPG Hose for QCC1/Type1 Propane Tank and LP Gas Grill and Propane Appliances- Horizontal
- Type-1/QCC-1 Tank Connection - Connects to QCC1/Type1 LP tanks and cylinders
- 3/8-inches flare fitting has an outside diameter of 5/8-inches in order to accommodate the flare seat
- High-quality 100% solid brass to provide secure and sealed connection between applications and tank
- CSA Certified propane regulator and hose has excess flow protection and will automatically shut off. Protect you from danger
- Designed to fit most gas grill, propane smoker, fire pit, propane heater and more
Neiko 30258A Hi Flo Brass Air Quick Coupler Set (5 Piece), 1/4"
- high flow air coupler is made from heavy duty brass that is durable and has a high resistance to corrosion
- The larger 1/4" diameter permits more air flow and won't choke like standard fittings
- Swivel feature allows you to turn and rotate your air tool while keeping the hose in one position
- Quick connect coupler allows you to interchange between your air tools with ease with the quick push connection
- Couplers are industrial grade and are all 1/4 inch NPT
Campbell Fittings UH-3 Cast Ductile Iron Hose Fitting, Universal Coupler, 3/4" Hose End Barbed
- Mate with domestic and imported universal couplings
- Washers manufactured from nitrile for superior oil resistance
- Cast ductile iron meets ASTM A536 specification
Whirlpool W10278627RP 6-Feet Universal Dishwasher Hose Kit
- Better than stainless
- Fits most major dishwasher brands
- Includes everything you need for easy installation
- Kit contains (1) 6-Foot EPDM water supply line, fittings, elbow, and installation instructions
DOZYANT Universal Fit Propane Tank Adapter Converts POL to QCC1 / Type 1 with Wrench, Propane Hose Adapter Old to New Style
- Converts POL LP Tank to QCC1/Type1 hoses and regulators.
- This adapter allows you to use your larger propane tank with the new style regulator on the propane tank connection place.
- Provides secure and airtight connection between propane tank and gas grill.
- Hand wheel for easy grip, Easy to install. High quality solid brass construction makes it corrosion resistant.
- Great propane fittings for your BBQ, camping stoves, propane heater, or anything that uses propane.
PEX Plumbing Part 7, Specialty Fittings
This is part seven in my Pex plumbing guide series. I have finally done more research and can address some of the more specialized fittings found in Pex plumbing.
SharkBite Fittings: These are manufactured by Cash-Acme and use a "push - fit" connection system and can be used for potable ( drinking ) water systems and Hydronic heating systems. Connections are simple and made by pushing the pipe into the connector with a twisting action until it clicks. Complete and well detailed instructions can be found on the Cash-Acme web site. A specialized tool is needed for disassembling the connection, but this is also a quick and easy operation. The connection has a stainless steel grab ring with teeth that open out and grab onto the inserted tube. SharkBite fittings are approved for behind wall and underground applications. These fittings may be turned or rotated after connections are made for installation in tight spaces. SharkBite fittings are considerably more expensive than regular PEX fittings but depending on your application you may find the ease of installation worth the increased cost.
BrassCraft has a SureConnect with Vitron o-rings with a similar "push and lock" system. These connections can not be rotated after assembly.
ProPex Fittings. These are manufactured by Uponer, formerly Wisbro. They require the use of specialty ProPex expansion tools and ProPex rings and are an expansion style fitting. The system expands the tubing and then uses the Pex's "shape memory" retention and a compression ring to assure the connection. From my research the system is very solid but may be difficult for the average "do it yourselfer" to work with. The ProPex fittings are designed to work with AQUAPEX (PEX-A) and hePEX (oxygen diffusion barrier) tubing. Would they work with any brand of regular Pex tube... possibly. I can not guarantee this but the system relies on the expansion and contraction of the material and most Pex tube works this way. I would doubt that it would work with Pex-al-Pex, the aluminum middle type Pex. One interesting note I have found is that you should not do any soldering work within 18" of an AQUAPEX connection, so it seems the excessive heat could effect the compression connection.
PEX Press connection system by Viega, also called PureFlow. These Press fittings require the use of the Viega PEX press tool and Press sleeves. The sleeves are stainless steel and provide a view hole to assure full tube insertion. This connection system works with standard Pex, oxygen - barrier Pex and Pex-al-Pex.
Failsafe Plus fittings. These fittings are by Marshall Brass. Very similar to a standard Pex fitting but these have recessed o-rings, "below the barbs" for extra sealing assurance. They can be used with any standard copper or stainless crimp - clamps and installation tools.
Again, specialty fittings and any tools that are required for them will be more expensive than the standard Pex fittings but depending on your needs you may find them to be well worth the extra costs. If you have used some of the fittings described feel free to contact me with any information you wish to share.
As an additional note: You may also see Pex fittings that are made for Pex to Polybutlyene connections. What is Polybutlyene? It is a co-polymer tubing widely used from the mid 1970's to mid 1990's. Deterioration and failure rates of Polybutlyene systems are extreme. Polybutlyene can be identified by it's grey color for interior applications or blue, grey or black exterior use. It is rigid or non-flexible. Do not confuse it with black poly with polythelene tubing or with PVC or CPVC. (PVC or CPVC would be found mainly in drain connections.) If you are unsure ask an expert. All I can say regarding this is that if I had it in my home I would replace it. With that in mind, I do not use the Pex to Polybutlyene connectors.