Bestselling Underwater Photography Housings in 2020
DiCAPac WP-S10 Pro DSLR Camera Series Waterproof Case
- Take clear pictures under water up to 16 feet
- Roll and velcro zipper system and built-in finger sleeve allows full functionality of camera
- Waterproof underwater housing usable up to 16.4' (5.0 m)
- Fits SLR camera with 2.0-5.9" Lens
Acedining Screen Protector Charger Cord Cable, Pink
- Acedining screen protector charger cord cable
Waterproof Diving Gopro Housing by HOLACA, 60m Underwater Case for GoPro Hero4 Session HERO 5 SESSION Hero Session Camera
- With this waterproof housing you can perfectly use the camera 60m under water.
- The waterproof shell Anti-surf pressure will not affect your movement and photographic effect.
- High transparent material can keep a good photo shooting.
- Material: High Transmittance Acrylic
- Compatibility: For Gopro hero 4 session and HERO 5 Session only
Optrix by Body Glove Pro Kit for iPhone 6/6s
for Sony A6500 A6300 A6000 [ILCE-6500/6300/6000] 195FT/60M Underwater Camera Diving Waterproof housing(Housing + Cover + Red Filter)
- READ THE DESCRIPTION! SWITCH YOUR VIEWFINDER TO LCD/MONITOR ONLY!
- Compatible models of camera: Sony a6500 / a6300 / a6000
- CamDive Red diving filter: Starting from 15-20 ft Underwater, red color starts to wash out by the filtering effect of water, the deeper you dive the more of the warm red spectrum is filtered out from the ambient light.
- This underwater housing comes with 3mm neoprene cover that is used for protecting it during transportation, bumping to other objects in fresh water tank, avoiding direct sunlight, keeping UW housing temperature stable whether it is hot or cold outside. When it is hot, this cover will prevent your housing from overheating.
Fotga Dual Holes Ball Clamp Mount for Diving Underwater Housing Arm Video Light GoPro
- Clamp Mount for 1" ball compatible with arm brands like ULCS, Ikelite, INON, SEA&SEA...
- Body material: durable air-grade aluminum
- Surface treatment: Premium hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Size: 63mm*20mm*53mm(L*W*H)
- Color: Black Weight: 70g/2.5oz
Sony RX100 Underwater Housing for RX100-series Cameras Underwater Camera Housing, Clear (MPK-URX100A)
- Excellent water resistance at a depth level of 40 m / 130 ft.
- Rotary lens-ring dial, large lever shutter button, zoom lever
- Allows use of camera's built-in flash
- Comes with detachable diffuser for minimizing vignette
- 67 mm filter thread for lens and filters color correction.BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)(CIPA):Up to 330 shots / 165 minutes
Aquatica Port Extension Ring for AN Series Underwater Housings
- 1 Year Limited Warranty for Consumer Use, 90 Days for Commercial Use
D Mcark 6" Waterproof Underwater Housing Case Dome Port Lens for GoPro Hero 5 Black Edition with Handle Waterproof Diving Housing for Underwater Photography (Pro)
- APPLIED FOR GOPRO HERO 5 ACTION CAMERA--- This is a completely new designed for original GoPro Hero 5 sports action camera. It is light, portable with nice housing, a interesting Dome Port attached to your GoPro Hero 5
- IMPRESSIVE VIEW FOR YOUR WATER SPORTS---The GoPro Dome will help you to take half-half non-distorted video and pictures Above/Underwater when Swimming /Snorkeling /Diving and other water sports
- WATERPROOF SEALED---Though the GoPro Hero 5 camera is waterproof desgin without addition cases.But our dome is compelete waterproof design as well to make sure you can got an high quality and wonderful pictures or videos while in the water
- FLOATY GRIP to SUPPORT THE DOME---The new handheld grip is covered with notch which is nice touching. It is durable accessory and very helpful to hold the dome case. Please be sure you add the dome bag into your buyThe bottom cap of the grip could be opened to storage some light thins such as key, money, rings. A Smart and Humanization design
SUREWO 45m Waterproof Housing Protective Case Transparent Shell Red Filter GoPro Hero 6/5 Black (Case, Transparent)
Fiber Optic Cable INON D Type to Sea&Sea 2 meters
- Length: 2 Meters
- Compatible strobes: INON - Z240 / D2000 / S2000 & MEIKON ST-100
- This fiber optic cable has D Type INON connection on one end and Type L Sea&Sea Connection on the other end
- This cable is used to connect Inon strobes or Meikon ST-100 strobe to Aquatica, Sea&Sea , Olympus, Meikon, CamDive and Fantasea underwater housings
Above- and Below-Surface Waterscapes
Sena GP10-02 Bluetooth Pack for GoPro with Waterproof Case
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Working distance: up to 900 meters (980 yards) in open terrain
- Advanced Noise Control
- Music Sharing
- Charging time: 2.5 hours/Talk time: 10 hours
Underwater Photography - Just a Hobby, or is There a Serious Side?
Perhaps you think of hot sun, warm salt water, and looking at beautiful fish. Did you know that underwater photography is not just a hobby.
But there are other uses for underwater cameras that don't paint such a pleasant picture. Unfortunately, I was reminded of this recently when two young children disappeared after wandering off. Their home was by a river. I'm sure they'd been told of the dangers of the water, to not go near it without an adult. But the draw may have been too much. The river was running high as there had been recent storms.
Search and rescue operations use underwater photography to search for drowning victims as well as missing objects. Of course, the recovery of drowning victims as quickly as possible to bring closure to families suffering from the loss of a loved one is the primary purpose. These searches typically have been done using divers and water-trained dogs. However; underwater searches can be very treacherous to the divers, and are time consuming. Another problem being that many times it is unknown where the victim was last seen, broadening the search to a vast area, often to hundreds of acres.
Underwater cameras enable law enforcement to see water crime scenes in areas too dangerous for divers, and without disturbing the site. Investigations with video tapes may be used to determine whether or not there actually is an underwater crime scene. Rather than send divers in to dangerous waters, cameras can be used to search in polluted and hazmat areas. There are underwater cameras designed to search at depths of up to 120 feet in most water conditions. Infra-red systems allow for searches in low light situations.
Amazingly, divers have used video photography to locate objects that have been missing for several years or more. A missing persons' case was solved after 72 years when a couple's car was found, putting to rest what had happened to them, and bringing closure to their family. Not to mention the unfortunate rumors that they had left their children voluntarily.
Besides simple pleasure and law enforcement, underwater photography is used in many other ways. Marine biologists can locate fish and living marine animals to study their habitats. On a boat, cameras can check the anchor and hull and look for items that have fallen overboard. Pools can be monitored. Swimmers can be filmed under water to evaluate their swimming and diving techniques.
In sport fishing, underwater photography is used to identify actual fish from underwater debris, decreasing fishing time. You can check what type of fish is in your location; see that your lure doesn't become entangled in weeds; check the hull; and check crab or lobster pots without getting wet. The cameras can even be used for ice fishing.
Not only are these remarkable cameras and their technology an exciting hobby, they have numerous other valuable applications.