Bestselling Tire Repair Tools in 2020
J&R Quality Tools Tire Repair Kit Set to Plug Flat and Punctured Tires | 35-Piece Set
- Heavy Duty Metal Construction
- 1 x T-handle Insert Tool, 1 x T-handle Spiral Probe Tool
- 2 x Hex Keys (20 CR)
- 1 x Sealing Lubricant
- 30 x String Plugs
Podoy Tire Patch Wooden Handle Repair 1 1/2 Dia Roller Tool
- Item Name: Patch Tire Repair Tool;Material: Wooden and Metal
- Wheel Size: 3.8 x 0.6cm/1.5 x 0.36" (D*T)
- Handle Size: 11.5 x 3cm / 4.5 x 1.18(L*D)
- Weight: 135g
- Package Content: 1 x Repair Tool
Tooluxe 50002L Universal Tire Repair Kit to Fix Punctures and Plug Flats, 35-Piece Value Pack, Ideal for Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, ATV
- Easy and quick to repair punctures for all tubeless tires on most vehicles, no need to remove tires from rim
- Hardened steel spiral rasp and insert needle with sandblasted finish for durability
- T-handle design provides greater turning power and comfort
- Comes in a storage case ideal to keep in your car for roadside emergencies
- Includes 30-pc 4" string plugs for multiple repairs, 1-pc rasp tool, 1-pc insert tool, 2-pc hex keys and 1 sealing lubricant
Slime 1034-A T-Handle Tire Plug Kit
- Sturdy T-handle plugger and T-handle tire reamer
- Includes rubber cement and (5) plug strings
- Easily repair punctures without removing the tire from the rim
- Tire repair made easy
STEELMAN 00029 Tire Repair Stitcher
- IDEAL FOR REPAIRS - Ideal for helping tire and tube patches adhere fully during repairs
- SCREWDRIVER STYLE HANDLE - Large, screwdriver style handle allows for a better grip during use
- 1 1/2-INCH WHEEL - 1 1/2-Inch stitching wheel moves smoothly for even pressure application
- DEFINED TEETH - Deep-cut and clearly defined gear-like teeth provide more penetrating pressure to remove trapped air
- FOR RMA REPAIRS - Use as part of Rubber Manufacturer's Association (RMA) Approved tire repairs
BETOOLL 67Pc Tire Repair Kit for Car, Motorcycle, ATV, Jeep, Truck, Tractor Flat Tire Puncture Repair [ Full Refund for Any Dissatisfaction ]
Boulder Tools - 56 Pc Heavy Duty Tire Repair Kit For Car, Truck, RV, Jeep, ATV, Motorcycle, Tractor, Trailer. Flat Tire Puncture Repair Kit
- 🛠 PREMIUM UPGRADED STRINGS - Heavy Duty BROWN strings you can trust to provide a superior safety seal. MUCH STRONGER and repair much better than the BLACK strings found in other kits. Every aspect of the Boulder Tools Tire Plug Kit is engineered to be strong so that it will be the last kit you'll ever have to buy.
- 🛠 VERSATILE FLAT TIRE REPAIR KIT - Cars, Motorcycles, ATVs, Tractors, Lawn Mowers, RV, Dirt Bikes, Trailers, Jeeps, Trucks and Spare Tire Repair Kit. Comes with 30 SUPERIOR BROWN tire plugs making this the best radial tire repair kit.
- 🛠 QUALITY PREMIUM PRO GRADE TOOLS INCLUDED - You will need pliers for every repair. Our flat tire repair kit includes a solid pair of quality pliers. A BIG UPGRADE to the skinny cheap pliers found in other tire plug repair kits, along with 56 well thought-out pieces and a durable case to keep it all organized and secure.
- 🛠 ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED T-HANDLE TOOLS - The right tool for the job makes it easy to repair punctures in any tube less tire in minutes. Our portable tire repair kit includes easy to understand and easy to follow color instructions.
- 🛠 1 YEAR WARRANTY - Our tools are heavy-duty and made tough so you can get the job done and get back on the road. If you're strong enough to render one of our tools ineffective, our auto tire repair kit is covered by a 1 year warranty and our customer service is second to none.
Astro 235RASP 2.5" Buffing Wheel
- For use with tire buffer (235B - sold separately)
- Made of tungsten carbide
- Made in the USA
Steelman 00028-S Tire Inner Liner Scraper
- Hoe style blade for easy scraping
- For scraping of the inner liner
- High impact handle allows for better gripping
- High impact ABS handle with sturdy metal blade
- 6.75 inches x 1 inch OAL
uxcell 2 in 1 Set Dual Single Head Valve Core Remover Tire Repair Tool
- Product Name : Valve Core Remover;Material : Plastic, Metal
- Color : Red, Silver Tone;Single Head Valve Core Remover Size : 9.5 x 1.6cm/ 3.7" x 0.63" (L*Max.D)
- Dual Head Valve Core Remover Size : 12.5 x 1.4cm/ 5" x 0.55" (L*Max.D)
- Weight : 42g
- Package Content : 1 x Dual Head Valve Core Remover1 x Single Head Valve Core Remover
Astro 235B Standard-Duty Low Speed Tire Buffer Kit
- Kit includes quick coupler adapter and 2.5 inch buffing wheel is made of tungsten carbide
- Includes a rear exhaust muffler and whip hose
- For inner liner cleaning, reaming and drilling
TEMO 1/4 inch 6mm Carbide WIRE Cutter Tire Repair Automobile Car Tool
- 1/4" (6.35mm) or Tire Repair Carbide WIRE Cutter
- Choose the proper carbide cutter and plug stem based on puncture injury size.
- To remove excess rubber and smooth jagged steel wire in repair areas. Use with low speed tool.
- 1/4" (6.35mm) Shank has 3 flat side to prevent slippery.
- 1/4" (6.35mm) diameter, 3-1/4" or 80 mm long
Steelman 00040R Rubber Booted Valve Stem Puller/Installer
- RUBBER BOOTED STEEL - Durable steel construction with rubber over mold to protect wheels and rims from possible damage
- OFF-SET AND PIVOTING HEAD - Off-set and pivoting head is designed to work with most aftermarket wheels and rims
- THREADED HEAD - Swivel head screws onto cap thread for easy installation and removal of valve stems without having to remove the valve core
- NON-SLIP GRIP - Handle is knurled on the end to provide a secure, non-slip grip
- EXTRA LEVERAGE - 12.5-Inches long to provide all the leverage necessary to remove stubborn valve stems
To Patch or Plug and Other Tire Repair Considerations
Tire repair is an often encountered necessity of all drivers. This article discusses the need for tire inspection and describes one effective method of repair.
The first advantage of using skilled technicians is that you'll be able to access their expertise to evaluate the overall worth of the failed tire. Maybe this is not one that should be repaired because its safe usable life doesn't justify the cost of the repair. The other possibility is that the size or location of the injury makes it un-repairable. There are very well defined industry standards that single out non-repairable conditions which include, but are not limited to, (for passenger cars) injuries over one quarter inch, punctures created by an object piercing the tire at an angle greater than 25 degrees and inner liner separations or impact generated injuries.
Many of these conditions can only be evaluated when the tire is removed from the wheel which is what you should insist upon. Repair methods, typically plug repairs, performed from the outside of the tire, leave out the most important step of the repair procedure - evaluation. For example, a nail entering toward one side of the tread may seem like a simple repair needing only a plug. However, without dismounting the tire from the wheel there is no way to determine if collateral damage has been done to the inside. Depending on the length of what has pierced the tread, damage may have been done to the interior sidewall. It is not uncommon for a long nail or screw to rip into the sidewall with no visible evidence on the outside of the tire.
The use of a combination plug and patch (as pictured) is a reliable repair method. The hole is cleared out with a carbide cutter to remove any steel cord. The area is then prepared and glue applied. The stem of the mushroom shaped patch is then passed through the puncture hole from the inside and the round patch is chemically knitted to the liner of the tire. All this requires specialized equipment that any reputable repair facility will have on hand.
This combination type of patch accomplishes two important functions that individual plugs or patches cannot. The plug fills the puncture hole reducing the possibility of the tire's steel cord rusting over time and the patch reinforces the injured area.
Tire repair isn't brain surgery, but when it comes to maintaining the integrity of what is between you and the roadway you want to be confident that it is done correctly. And remember to insist that the inside of the tire be inspected by a knowledgeable person because in this case what you don't know can definitely hurt you.