Bestselling Threaded Rods & Studs in 2020
Carbon Steel Stud, Ends Threaded Equally, Black Oxide Finish, M24-3.0 Threads, 125mm Length, 55mm Threaded Lengths, Made in US (Pack of 2)
- Rod/stud has equal thread lengths on both ends
- Carbon steel is used in applications where strength is the primary consideration
- Black oxide finish provides mild corrosion resistance
- Made in USA
uxcell M3x30mm 304 Stainless Steel Double End Threaded Stud Screw Bolt 20pcs
- Material: 304 Stainless Steel; Product Name: Double End Stud; Weight: 25g
- Package Content: 20pcs x Double End Stud; Thread Size: M3 / 0.12"
- Main Color: Silver Tone; Thread Pitch: 0.5mm
- Total Length: 30mm / 1.2"; Thread Style: Partially Thread
- Screw Standard: M3 x 30mm; Thread End Length: 9mm / 0.35"(Each)
Gibraltar SC-4J Tension Rod 1-3/8 Inch 6/Pack
- SC-4J Tension Lugs 4-Pack 1-3/8"
- Gibraltare SC-4J tension lugs are great for replacements or repair
J.W. Winco 52.4-ND-6-M3-E Retaining Magnet Assembly, GN52.4, Rod Shaped with Threaded Stud, 0.24" Diameter, 0.79" Height, M3 x 7 mm Length Threaded Stud, Steel Zinc Plated Housing and Stud, Neodymium/Iron and Boron NdFeB Magnet
Marinetech 55-5100 Balljoint, (Pack of 2)
18-8 Stainless Steel Fully Threaded Rod, 1/4"-20 Thread Size, 12" Length, Right Hand Threads
- Fully threaded rod
- Made of 18-8 stainless steel for corrosion resistance
STEELWORKS BOLTMASTER 11038 Threaded Steel Rod, 3/4-10 x 72"
- 3/4"-10 x 72" Threaded Steel Rod
- Coarse Threaded
- Zinc Plated
- Should Not Be Welded
Du-Bro 504 Threaded Stud Driver
- This unique tool takes the hassle out of threaded studs and threading threaded rods into plastic push rods
- To use, simply thread your stud or rod into either the 4-40 or 2-56 end of the driver until it bottoms out, then thread rod or stud into plastic push rod until desired length is reached and finally back off driver
The Hillman Group 44816 6-32 x 6-Inch Threaded Rod, 12-Pack (2)
- Save when you buy the 2 pack!
- Designed for hanging, connecting, clamping, and support for plumbing, heating and electrical applications and other do-it-yourself projects
- Threaded rods may have a drive slot in one end to facilitate installing the stud
- The rod features steel construction and they are designed to be used where tension is expected
Uxcell a16071500ux0081 M4 x 150 mm 304 Stainless Steel Fully Threaded Rod Bar Studs Silver Tone 5 Pcs (Pack of 5)
- Product Name: Threaded Rod; Material: 304 Stainless Steel
- Weight: 56g; Package Content: 5 x Threaded Rod
- Main Color: Silver Tone
- Thread Size: M4 x 150mm/0.16" x 6" (D*L)
- Thread Pitch: 0.7mm
Threaded Rods for U Bolts
Many items are called Threaded Rod or Double End Threaded Rod. What we are discussing here is a double end threaded rod that has a non threaded portion in the middle, where it will be bent into a horseshoe shape.
You will usually find Threaded Rod in grade 5 for 9/16" and smaller diameter rods. Grade 8 (or equivalent) is common for 5/8" and above, though some dealers sell Grade 5. This is not recommended as it is an inferior steel for these high strength applications. Threaded rods are commercially sold in increments of two inches long to end up with U bolts with one inch leg length variations. Most rods the industry uses come with six inches of SAE fine thread on the ends, though rods shorter than twenty four inches commonly only have three inches of thread. This ensures that the rollers do not contact the threads during the bending process.
Threaded rods are roll threaded, for strength reasons as well as for cost issues. It is much faster to roll thread, thus bringing down the cost of this commodity item. Cut threading takes longer and weakens the product as it is removing steel. Rolling threading takes a slightly smaller diameter bar and pushes metal up to creat the crest of the thread. This makes for a stronger product and has more surface area contact between the external thread of the rod and the internal thread of the mating nut. Rods are supplied with chamfered ends in order to start the nut easily for installation. Normally rods under Â¾" will not be supplied with chamfers as there less problems with getting the nuts started on the smaller rods.
While many shops will just order their Threaded Rod from distributors along with other hardware items, they are normally paying a premium for this convenience. As with many other things in life, there is usually a significant cost savings when purchasing directly from the manufacturer.