Bestselling Telephone Answering Devices in 2020
VTech CS6529-2 DECT 6.0 Phone Answering System with Caller ID/Call Waiting, 2 Cordless Handsets, Silver/Black
- Know who's calling with caller ID/call waiting. Handset displays the name, number, time and date of incoming calls.
- With the touch of a button, the handset speakerphones makes hands-free conversations easy.
- The entire keypad illuminates along with the LCD screen, allowing for easier viewing in dim light.
- Power-conserving technology manages consumption for optimal battery performance.
- Silence the ringer on the handset and base unit immediately, or for an extended period of time.
- Note: Refer the User Manual before use.
Panasonic KX-TGE475S Link2Cell Bluetooth Cordless Phone with Answering Machine- 5 Handsets
- Five Handset Cordless Telephone with Answering Machine and Dual Keypad
- Link up to two smartphones via Bluetooth to make and receive cell/smartphone calls anywhere in the house with Link2Cell handsets, no landline required
- Hear who's calling from across the room with Talking Caller ID announcements in English and Spanish from the base unit and cordless handsets
- Easily block up to 250 telemarketers, robocallers and other unwanted numbers with one-touch dedicated Call Block buttons on base unit and handsets
- Other conveniences include Dual Keypad, Full Duplex Speakerphone, Power Back-Up Operation, Headset Jack, Baby Monitor, Silent Mode, Noise Reduction and Intelligent eco Mode
- Base Unit Standby Power Consumption 1.2 W
AT&T (1740WH) Digital AnsweSystem with Time and Day Stamp, White
- Digital operation: Records outgoing announcements and incoming messages on a microchip. Tapeless operation ensures reliable performance, instant access to messages and the ability to selectively save and delete messages.
- 60 minutes of digital recording time: Records up to 60 minutes of incoming messages, outgoing announcements and memos.
- Message Guard memory: protects against the loss of messages in the event of a power failure, so you can listen to your messages after the power returns. No batteries required.
- Time and date stamp: Announces the time and day of each message before playback.
- English/Spanish/French setup menu
Panasonic Dect 6.0 Expandable Digital Cordless Answering System - Single Handset System (KX-TG9331T)
- Versatile and easy to use DECT 6.0 expandable digital cordless answering system
- Talking caller ID; talking alarm clock; talking battery alert
- All-digital answering machine; night mode with light-up indicator
- 50-station shared phonebook; digital handset speakerphone
- Expandable up to 6 handsets
AT&T 1717 Digital Answering System
- All-digital recording
- Time-and-day stamp
- Call screening
- Remote access
- Remote room monitor
Amplicom AB900 Amplified Answering Machine Landline Telephone Accessory
- Adjustable volume amplified up to max 40dB
- Rotary frequency tone control and rotary play back speed control
- 24 minutes of digital recording with flash memory with day& time stamp
- One-touch playback with pause feature and skip, repeat or erase messages (Single erase or All erase)
- Two digit LED display message counter and 3.5mm jack for headset or neckloop (sold separately)
- RJ11 Jack is included along with clear and simple setup instructions
- Quick&UserGuide with talkback features are included
- TOLL FREE Customer service line (866)267-5426
- 2 year Manufacturer warranty.
Panasonic KX-TGE273S Link2Cell Bluetooth Enabled Phone with Answering Machine & 3 Cordless Handsets
- Panasonic High Quality, Office Phone ALERT,TALK CID,ADV TAD,DK
- Ergonomic Design
- Energy Star Certified
- Link2Cell Bluetooth Enabled
Clarity 53714 Dect 6.0 Amplified Cordless Phone with Digital Answering System VoIP Phone and Device
- Dect 6.0 interference-free technology
- Clearly Amplifies incoming sound up to 40Db
- Adjustable Tone control
- Digital Answering machine
- 4 Tone settings to customize listening experience
Vtech DECT 6.0 Expandable 2-Handset Cordless Phone System with Digital Answering Device and Caller ID (CS6229-2)
- Vtech DECT 60 Expandable Two Handset Cordless Phone System with Digital Answering Device and Caller ID
- Expandable up to 12 handsets using only one phone jack
- Caller ID / Call Waiting
- Digital Answering System
- Handset Speakerphone
PANASONIC DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone System with Answering Machine and Call Blocking - 3 Handsets - KX-TGE433B (Black)
- BI-LINGUAL CALLER ID - Talking Caller ID audibly announces caller information in either English or Spanish from the telephone's base unit and cordless handsets when you can't view the screen
- ONE TOUCH TELEPHONE CALL BLOCK - Register up to 250 numbers with one-touch Call Block on base unit & cordless handsets. Compatible with Hearing Aid T-Coil (TIA-1083 Compliant)
- PANASONIC VOICE PAGING - More than a traditional intercom, Voice paging sends clear simultaneous announcements to all cordless handsets at once
- ENHANCED CORDLESS PHONE SOUND QUALITY - Noise Reduction automatically suppresses background interference while enhancing voice tones for clearer conversation on the base unit & cordless handsets
- SECURE LONG-RANGE PHONE SIGNAL - DECT 6.0 wireless technology offers a long-range cordless phone and is ideal for homes and apartments with thick walls
Panasonic KX-TGD223B dect 6.0 Cordless Phone System W/Answering Machine 3-Handset Landline Telephone
- The 1.6-Inch White Backlit LCD Screen is easy to see even from a distance
- The Amber Lighted Keypad makes calling easy even in dark rooms or at night
- Text to speech technology announces the caller's name in between rings
- Recorded messages can be easily accessed from the base unit or handset
- Call Block feature eliminates unwanted calls by sending a busy signal
VTech LS6426-4 DECT 6.0 Expandable 4 Handset Cordless Phone System with Digital Answering Device, Caller ID and Push-to-Talk Intercom
- DECT 6.0 digital technology. Expandable to 12 LS6405 handsets OR 10 LS6405 handsets and 2 IS6100 headsets.
- Voice announce caller ID. HD Audio including equalizer with 4 audio profiles. Push-to-Talk walkie talkie functionality between handsets.
- Handset speakerphone. Digital answering system. Answering system accessible from handset.
- 14 minutes of record time. Thin curved handset; low profile piano keypad, high gloss black with metallic silver finishing.
- Large backlit 7-segment message counter. Trilingual prompts - choose between English, Spanish or French. Wall mount bracket included.
Panasonic KX-TGD562M Link2Cell Bluetooth Cordless Phone with Voice Assist and Answering Machine - 2 Handsets
- Two Handset Cordless Telephone with Link2Cell and Remote Voice Assist
- Sync up to 2 smartphones to make and receive cell calls throughout the house via Bluetooth. Access the convenience of Siri, Google Now and S Voice from your handsets with one-touch Voice Assist.
- Hear clear, Talking Caller ID alerts in English and Spanish from both base unit and handsets when calls are received
- Includes ringer ID, call-waiting caller ID, silent mode and intelligent eco mode
- Enjoy additional conveniences including silent mode, handset locator, Intelligent Eco mode, and more!
How to Keep Your Secrets from Your Answering Machine
What more threatening to your privacy than a prying parent, a snooping sister or a best friend who can't keep a secret? I'll tell you: an answering machine
You're basking in the affections of your boyfriend, Mark, when he leaves the following message on your family's answering machine: "Question, babe, where did you learn to kiss like that?" The result is thanks to loverboy 's brainless, oh-so-public attempt at pillow talk, the latest addition to your jewelry box won't be one of those cute little silver rings inscribed with some random phrase. It'll be one of those in-house-arrest magnetic ankle bands. And its tracking device will be operated, of course by your parents.
You don't need to be a technowhiz to figure out that if your family shares an answering machine, everyone from Grandma to Fluffy is bound to hear your incoming messages. And the same holds true for your friends: Chances are that whatever messages you're leaving them are being broadcast for their entire household. For that reason, it's worth establishing a few simple rules for leaving messages.
First off, state who you are. "Hi it's me" just doesn't cut it, especially since it's one of those statements that drive mother insane. And don't mumble. A garbled "I'll pick you up in Randy's car" is guaranteed to be heard by a father as "I left your panties in the car."
Try to keep it short, too. So maybe you did go to the mall looking for the new R.E.M., but it wasn't there yet so you bought Pearl Jam instead, and then on the way to Taco Bell you bought tickets for Morrissey. That info really isn't worthy of recording on someone else's tape. Save blow-by-blow descriptions for face-to-face encounters.
Avoid saying anything that will make the intended recipient die of mortification like "I love you, pookiewuzzums" or result in his being grounded for life like "Have your parents left for the weekend? The kegs are leaking all over my backseat".
Save really personal messages for personal answering machines. Do you want your boyfriend's entire family to know how much you adore that little birthmark on his shoulder, or that you're sorry your braces tore up his Speed Racer T-shirt?
Of course, having your own answering machine doesn't necessarily guarantee privacy when receiving messages, either. You know how it goes: The minute you decide to play back your calls your mother invades your room asking why you don't come to Family Bowling Night anymore. She will hear your best friend imploring you to climb out your window after midnight to meet her at the all-night pizzeria. She will listen as your boyfriend apologizes for engaging in a farting contest with friends. And she will expect you to explain. If you can, tell her it's your business and leave it like that, making a mental note to lock your door in the future. You might also consider keeping a finger on the "stop" button at all the times, the better to cut off a message if need be.