Bestselling Teen & Young Adult Magical Realism Fiction in 2023
The Mermaid's Sister
The Bear and the Nightingale: A Novel (Winternight Trilogy Book 1)
Bless Me, Ultima
- Warner Books
Adventurers Wanted, Book 5: The Axe of Sundering
The Heir (Chronicles of Dover's Amalgam)
Invidious: A Dark Paranormal Romance (The Marked Book 2)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Life of Pi
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
The Midwest Wanderer: The Revelations of Oriceran (Midwest Magic Chronicles Book 2)
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
Empire of Storms (Throne Of Glass Series Book 5)
5 Basics to Article Writing
While you will read a lot of "experts" out there telling you to do this or not do something else but when it comes right down to it, all you really need are some simple basics.
Here are five basics to article writing that you should keep with you:
1. Choose a topic you know about- It sounds like a given but yet some people still try to stretch themselves too far. You write better when you write what you know and you should stick to topics that you know about and/or are passionate about in some way. This will reflect in better writing.
2. Create a great title- While this means a great title that reels the reader in, it also means a title that is not deceptive or misleading. Your title should describe the article as effectively as possible so that the reader knows what they are getting- then you need to fulfill that promise.
3. Break up your text for easier reading- This is especially important in online articles. You want to keep your paragraphs short and to the point so the reader can understand. You also want to break it up where you can with subheadings, bullets, numbered lists and more so that it is easier to scan. This is how most people read online these days anyway.
4. Proofread properly- This one also sounds like a given but it's so often overlooked in the rush to get an article posted online. Check for spelling, grammar and just to make sure your article sounds right. Before you publish, you should read it out loud to yourself to see what it would sound like to the reader. Make sure it reads smooth and make sense.
5. Use keywords properly- If you want to use keywords (which help your ranking online), you need to know which keywords to use, which requires research that can be done for free. Then you also need to know how to use these keywords properly throughout your article. Don't overstuff them and don't try to cram too many different keywords in one article. Keep it focused.
With these five simple basics, you can write excellent articles every time. When you keep these tips in mind and apply them to the articles you write, you will also see an improvement in your articles over time. They will continue to get better, bring you more traffic and help the reader. Here's to better writing!