Bestselling Teen & Young Adult Christian Family Fiction in 2023
One God, One Plan, One Life: A 365 Devotional
A Christmas Carol (Puffin Classics)
Between Brothers (Wiley Brothers Book 0)
Four Perfect Pebbles: A True Story of the Holocaust
A Young Woman After God's Own Heart: A Teen's Guide to Friends, Faith, Family, and the Future
Give Your Child the World: Raising Globally Minded Kids One Book at a Time
On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness: Adventure. Peril. Lost Jewels. And the Fearsome Toothy Cows of Skree. (The Wingfeather Saga Book 1)
Up in the Air: 6 Stories on True Friendship and Reconciliation (Adventures in Odyssey)
North! Or Be Eaten: Wild escapes. A desperate journey. And the ghastly Fangs of Dang. (The Wingfeather Saga Book 2)
The Georges and the Jewels: Book One of the Horses of Oak Valley Ranch
- Yearling Books
On the Loose (A Katie Parker Production, Book 2)
Broken Wings (Hidden Wings Series Book Two)
Father's Day Gift Ideas for the Christian Dad
Searching for a gift for Dad, either for Father's Day, a birthday, or Christmas? Look no further. I offer over a dozen gift ideas, ranging from Christian books to fighter jet flights, and everything in between. Good luck!
* Called Up: Stories of Life and Faith from the Great Game of Baseball by Dave Dravecky and Mike Yorkey ($14.99)
* Gospel Golf Balls ($23.99 for a box of 12) -- These are inscribed with Scriptures like John 14:6, Philippians 4:13, John 3:16 and Psalm 31:4, offering a great opportunity for Dad to witness on the green.
* Men of Integrity magazine subscription ($17.95 for six bimonthly issues)
* Bible Promises to Treasure for Dad: Inspiring Words for Every Occasion by Gary Wilde ($9.99)
* The Devotional Bible for Dads by Robert Wolgemuth ($21.99)
* You Have What It Takes: What Every Father Needs to Know by John Eldredge ($2.99) -- Short and sweet, and inexpensive to boot!
* A Man of God by Jack Graham ($15.99)
* A themed gift basket -- Think about your dad's interests, and put together a gift basket customized just for him. For the father who likes to golf, for example, you could fill a wire driving range basket with new golf balls, tees and snacks like beef jerky, sunflower seeds, pretzels and candy. If grilling is more up your dad's alley, line a basket with a red and white gingham tablecloth and fill it with special rubs, tasty sauces, barbecue tools and a flashy apron.
* A special meal -- Remember that old adage that the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach? Cook your dad's favorite meal for him, complete with appetizers and dessert-- and clean up afterward, too.
* A unique experience -- Would your dad enjoy driving a stock car around a NASCAR track or being a fighter pilot for a day? How about skydiving, hang gliding, or a hot air balloon ride? If you can afford it, you may want to consider setting your father up for one of these special experiences, available through Web sites such as Excitations, Cloud 9 Living and Moments Made or with a little of your own leg work. While this type of gift is definitely more expensive than other options, your dad won't soon forget it.
* A gift card for iTunes -- Available in many denominations, this can be purchased directly from the Apple Store or at many retailers, including Wal-Mart. Recommend some songs you think your dad would enjoy to make the gift more personal.
* A "Gift of the Month" club membership -- Give your dad a gift that he can appreciate month after month. Clubs are available for barbecue sauce, cheesecake, coffee, fruit, hot sauce, ice cream, tea, wine, gourmet cheese and many other edible delights.
* A fun outing -- Plan a picnic or day trip that your dad would enjoy. After all, one of your father's favorite activities is spending time with you!
If you like several of these gift ideas and are finding it difficult to choose just one, fear not-- they'd work just as well for a birthday or Christmas gift. Good luck! I pray that your Father's Day is filled with joy and happy memories.