Bestselling Teacher & Student Mentoring in 2020
Coaching and Mentoring First-Year and Student Teachers
Mentoring New Teachers Through Collaborative Coaching: Linking Teacher and Student Learning
- Used Book in Good Condition
Mentoring My Elementary-and Middle-School Students to Become Powerful Navigators of Success: An Interactive Handbook for Teachers and Students in Grades Two to Eight
Coaching a Student Teacher (Student Teaching: The Cooperating Teacher Series Book 2)
Student-Centered Coaching at the Secondary Level
- Core practices for tackling the unique challenges of coaching across a variety of content areas at the
- Extending coaching to teams of teachers, rather than just individuals.
- Using standards, such as the Common Core, to coach toward specific goals for student learning.
- Embedding formative assessments into coaching conversations.
- Moving past teacher resistance.
Conferences With Incompetent and Excellent Student Teachers
Preparing for a Student Teacher (Student Teaching: The Cooperating Teacher Series)
Mentoring and Coaching: A Lifeline for Teachers in a Multicultural Setting
Reading with Patrick: A Teacher, a Student, and a Life-Changing Friendship
- RANDOM HOUSE
Transformational Teaching in the Information Age: Making Why and How We Teach Relevant to Students
Student Teachers: Beginning/Ending and Formative Conferences
Crush It Gift Coffee Mug for Support Inspiration Encouragement Teaching and Leadership
- Gives Encouragement - No matter what we persue in life there are always road blocks and hurdles along the way. Some people become discouraged and give up not knowing that success may be right around the corner. This product is a token of encouragement, a message that you believe in that special person.
- Quality Product - Microwave and dishwasher safe, this mug is printed with the highest quality possible and will not fade no matter how many times you wash it.
- Product Description - This is an 11 oz. ceramic coffee mug. The black is a slightly softer black than it appears in the picture. This product is printed and shipped from the USA.
Kids I Train Superheroes T-Shirt Teachers & Personal Trainers Tee 4 Baby Blue
- I train superheroes tshirt a jersey for parents and family members who care for their kids. Clothes for mentoring & educating children.
- Clothing for super hero teachers & funny outfit for teaching students in an elementary, middle or high school classroom. Wonderful apparel for gym trainers & college professors who help to train boys & girls to be professionals.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
Gift Ideas for Cooperating Teachers
At the end of your semester of student teaching, many student teachers need ideas for gifts to show appreciation to their cooperating teacher and university supervisor.
1. Gift Cards: This idea might be controversial in other career fields, but in education gift cards are revered. If you don't know your cooperating teacher/ university supervisor very well I highly suggest picking up a gift card for a bookstore. All teachers like books about something, and this will give them the freedom to choose the topic. Don't worry about whether you can only give them a $5 gift card. I am a teacher and I know that other teachers would understand the budget you have. They will appreciate even the small amount. If you want to go even more general, pick up an Amazon gift card.
2. School Supplies: It is a fact that most teachers buy at least some of their school supplies they use in their classroom. A box full of markers, crayons, rulers, pencils, pens, dry erase markers, or some calculators would actually probably make their day. You might be able to find coupons to cut your cost even more.
3. Movie Gift Certificate: Teachers don't "splurge" too often on themselves, and a gift certificate for two tickets, popcorn, and a drink (or whatever you can afford) would allow them to have a nice night out. They will be able to go and enjoy any show of their choice whether romance, horror, suspense, and enjoy it with out thinking of comparing the cost to picking up a movie from the library.
4. Music: If you are close enough with your cooperating teacher or university supervisor to know the type of music they like, pick up a CD of their favorite group. A nice alternative that would prevent the mistake of buying something they already have, would be to buy a gift card to download music. Make sure that they have a working knowledge of downloading mp3's before you give them that type of gift card.
5. Food: If you are good in the kitchen, a basket of baked goods is always fun to receive. If baking is not your thing, a variety of candy would also work great. If your teacher avoids high fat/ high sugar foods a fruit basket is also a nice gift. If you buy the fruit that is in season, it also is fairly frugal!
6. Support their Hobbies: Not all cooperating teachers and university supervisors talk that much about their personal lives. However, if you happen to know about their hobbies, that can give you a large amount of gift ideas. For example, if you know she or he golfs, a box of golf balls would be appropriate. If you know she or he scrapbooks, a bag full of an assortment of papers and scrapbooking accessories would be perfect. A good way to get a glimpse into their hobbies is to ask about what they do over the summer.
This list would not be complete if I did not include items to avoid giving as gifts (there are always exceptions). Here's the most common complaints: anything with apples, small figurines that need to be dusted, Christmas ornaments, mugs, and mousepads.
Your gift would not be complete without a sincere thank you note or letter. No matter how wonderful or awful your experience, I am sure you learned many valuable things. Make sure to tell them all about it. Teachers are rarely thanked, and when they are they really appreciate it. I know many teachers hold on to all thank you notes from students and student teachers to read on "bad days." This would be a great time to show your gratitude for all of the time they have spent mentoring you. So as you near the end of your student teaching, take a moment to really thank your cooperating teacher and university supervisor for all that they have done. You will never regret it.