Bestselling Solar Power Kits in 2020
Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit w/ 100W Solar Panel + 30A PWM Negative ground Charge Controller + MC4 Connectors +Tray Cable+ Mounting Z Brackets for RV, Boat
[30W Panel Foldable] HKYH Solar Panel Lighting Kit, Solar Home DC System Kit, USB Solar Charger with 4 LED Light Bulb as Emergency Light and 5 Mobile Phone Charger/5V 2A Output Can Charge Power Bank
WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Off-Grid RV Boat Kit with LCD PWM Charge Controller + Solar Cable + MC4 Connectors + Mounting Brackets
- The kit includes: (1) 100 Watt WindyNation Solar Panel, 30-Amp (user adjustable) WindyNation P30L LCD Display Solar Charge Controller with Battery Temperature Sensor, 40 feet of UL Listed 12 AWG Solar Cable, all necessary MC4 Connectors, solar panel mounting hardware and Installation Manual.
- Designed for RVs, cabins, homes, boats, back-up and remote power use
- Kit will provide on average 350 Watt Hours (Wh) or 33 Amp hours of charge per day (depends on sunlight availability). Add more solar panels in the future! The included charge controller can handle up to 4pcs 100W solar panels (12 volt system) and 8pcs 100W solar panels (24 volt system)
- 100 Watt solar charging kit provides up to 100 watts of clean, free, renewable power
- PWM Solar Charge Controller has user adjustable settings! LCD Screen shows system amperage, voltage, amp-hours, temperature and DC load draw. See Image in photo gallery for all LCD Screen readouts.
WindyNation 200 Watt (2pcs 100 Watt) Solar Panel Kit with 1500W VertaMax Power Inverter for RV, Boat, Off-Grid 12 Volt Battery Systems
- Complete kit includes: (2) 100 Watt Polycrystalline Solar Panel, 30 amp P30L Solar Charge Controller w/ LCD display and user adjustable settings, 40 feet of UL Listed 12 AWG Solar Cable, all necessary MC4 Connectors, all necessary solar mounting hardware 1500 Watt (3000 Watt surge) VertaMax DC to AC Power Inverter w/ 2pcs of 3 ft. 2AWG Battery Cables (for connecting the inverter to a 12V battery)
- Designed for RVs, cabins, homes, boats, backup and remote power use
- Perfect kit for a off grid 12 volt battery system. 1500 Watt VertaMax Inverter provides plenty of AC power to run your household appliances
- Solar charging will provide on average 800 Watt Hours (Wh) or 67 Amp hours of charge per day (depends on sunlight availability)
- Bundle and save. Purchase all the components together and save time and money
WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit with 1500W VertaMax Power Inverter for RV, Boat, Off-Grid 12 Volt Battery Systems
- Complete kit includes: (1pc) 100 Watt Polycrystalline Solar Panel, 30-amp P30L Solar Charge Controller w/ LCD display and user adjustable settings, 40 feet of UL Listed 12 AWG Solar Cable, all necessary MC4 Connectors, all necessary solar mounting hardware + 1500 Watt (3000 Watt surge) VertaMax DC to AC Power Inverter w/ 2pcs of 3 ft. 2AWG Battery Cables (for connecting the inverter to a 12V battery)
- Solar charging will provide on average 400 Watt Hours (Wh) or 35 Amp hours of charge per day (depends on sunlight availability)
- Designed for RVs, cabins, homes, boats, back-up and remote power use
- Bundle and save! Purchase all the components together and save time and money!
- Perfect kit for a off-grid 12 volt battery system. 1500 Watt VertaMax Inverter provides plenty of AC power to run your household appliances!
Renogy 400 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit with Wanderer
- With the Renogy Wanderer 30A PWM Charge Controller, you can expand your system up to a maximum of 400W
- Ideal output: 2000Wh per day; can fully charge a 200Ah battery from 50% in 3 hours (depending on the availability of sunlight)
- The charge controller has been upgraded to Renogy' s new 30A PWM Negative-Ground Charge Controller - the Renogy Wanderer
- Negative grounding controller with battery reversed, overloading, short-circuit and over charging /discharging protection ensures the broader off grid applications and safety. Especially can be used on a vehicle which has battery negative on the chassis
- The kit now includes an 8ft 10AWG Tray Cable to connect your charge controller and battery.
Go Power! Valterra Power Us, LLC GP-PSK-120 Solar Kit 120W Portable
- Quick and simple setup
- 120 Watts of power 6.7 ampere DC per hour
- Built in 10 ampere solar controller
- 25 year warranty. XLR-style solar plug adapter
- Includes carrying case
10-Watt Solar Generator Portable kit,Power Inverter,Solar Generator System for Home & Camping,9000mAh Rechargeable Battery Pack UPS Power Supply, Included 6 Watt Solar Panels
- Portable Solar Generator Kit: A rechargeable battery solar generator system with solar panels, storage solar generator power to battery and supply power to LED light and mobile phone. Widely applicable to home, camping, rv.
- Multiple OUTPUTS: 6 watte 6V solar panel, 9Ah 3.7V battery, 2 USB 5V DC Output for your tablets, iPhone, iPad, laptops, fans and TV charged up, or lights. 4 Ports 3.7 V output to LED light.
- Compact: portable, small size, outdoor.6.9*6.5*3.0 inch, weight:3.3Lb(4.2Lb with all accessories). Widely applicable to camping, hiking, fishing, expedition, hunting, outdoor activities.2 way charging- by solar energy, or by AC Power.
- Durable: Use rechargeable battery and high quality solar panels, with lifetime more than 10000h.
- Package content: 1* Portable Power Generator ,1* Solar panel,5* Rechargeable battery,1* Power cable,1* Multi function USB cable,3* LED Lamps,1* Remote Control,1* User Manual.
Go Power! Solar Extreme Complete Solar and Inverter System with 480 Watts of Solar
- Complete kit includes everything you need to hook up solar and inverter system
- Run your TV and other AC appliances day or night without the noise of a generator
- Completely green power solution
- No noise, no fuel, and no maintenance
- It is used for long term use on your RV, cottage, cabin or boat
Renogy 200 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Bundle Kit w/ 100w Solar Panel,30A Charge Controller,9in MC4 Adaptor Kit,A pair of Branch Connectors
- Two Renogy 100-Watt monocrystalline solar panels can be connected in parallel by a pair of branch connectors.
- The charge controller has been upgraded to Renogy' s new 30A PWM Negative Ground Charge Controller -- the Renogy Wanderer.
- The system can be extended up to 400-watt in parallel connection. 4-Stage battery charging process for a rapid, efficient, and safe battery charging
- Negative grounding controller ensures the broader off grid applications and safety, especially to be used on a vehicle which has battery negative on the chassis.
- 25-year transferable power output warranty on panels and 1-year warranty on rest of the kit components.Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 17.7V
ECO-WORTHY 900 Watt 24 Volt Solar Panel Off Grid RV Boat Kit with 45A PWM Charge Controller
- Perfect 900W polycrystalline solar power system has several uses including marine, dry camp, and other off-grid applications. Package includes 6pcs 150W Poly Solar Panels + 45A Charge Controller + MC4 Solar Cable + Solar Combiner Box + Solar Panel Mounting Brackets.
- High-efficiency silicon solar cells ensure high performance of solar modules and create maximum power output. 25-year transferable power output warranty: 5-year/95% efficiency rate, 10-year/90% efficiency rate, 25-year/80% efficiency rate.
- Designed for RVs, cabins, homes, boats, back-up and remote power use.
- By-pass diodes are pre-installed in waterproof IP-65 rated juncton box to minimize power drop caused by shade and ensure excellent performance in low-light environments. Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame and anti-reflection coated glass withstand high winds (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa).
- The system has the capability of withstanding heavy snow and strong wind loads
- This solar light relies on solar energy, which is clean, endless and environment-friendly. In daytime, when there is sunshine, the solar panel can convert the solar energy to electric energy
- The photovoltaic panel is fixed in the roof or a place with sufficient sunlight, the wire is introduced into a room, and the plug is plugged in the port for charging ( a 5-8V charger can be used
- Energy Saving, Long Life Expectancy, Low Power Consumption, Rechargeable. The system is mainly composed of solar panel, light source and battery.
- Power source: Solar panel, home electricity charging. Capacity of lithium battery: 850ma/3.7V; continuously effective lighting of fully charged bulb: 5h; Bulb Using Time: 2-3 hours;
- Note: The solar light can be used in any weather, but it is not waterproof. Ideal for home lighting, camping, cooking, working, reading, emergency and blackouts,etc.
[6W Panel Foldable] HKYH Solar Mobile Light System, Solar Home DC System Kit, 3.7V Lithium Battery - 6W Foldable Panel Solar Home System Kit - including 3 Cell Phone Charger - 2 LED Lights
- 💚 New Product Promotion!!! HKYH patented solar lighting system is a completely independent off-grid power system,with a foldable solar panel with larger power output.
- 💚 It can add illumination to need areas,or use the 5V 2A to quickly charge cellphone and digital devices.
- 💚 It's perfect choice for camping, fishing, farming or anyplace without electrical supply.It's also a complementary lighting for emergency and indoor.
- 💚 The controller box has a rechargeable lithium battery inside.The inicator light on the box shows the amount of power stored.Green light means close to full power.Flickering red light means few or very few power left.
- 💚 For more detailed information please check the description below.
Solar Power: The Obstacles and Benefits
An article explaining the nature of solar energy and the obstacles facing the potential to overcome dependence on fossil fuels.
Before we go further, it is important to know how solar power is generated. The study of converting solar energy to usable energy is called photovoltaics. In most cases, solar energy is collected in bundles of absorption units called solar cells, usually constructed of silicon. These cells collect light from the visible spectrum and convert that energy directly into electricity. Solar panels can be placed anywhere, but certain areas are more effective than others at producing energy of this kind. Areas near the equator that see the most plentiful sunlight are ideal, and areas to the far north or south have limited potential at producing enough energy to be cost-effective.
Solar power has a number of hurdles to jump over before the world can expect to see widespread usage of solar energy over energy derived from fossil fuels. The first barrier that needs to be overcome is cost. Although not a new technology, solar cells are still relatively expensive to manufacture and difficult to install. This means that the average consumer will have difficulty obtaining solar cells to help generate power for their homes. Furthermore, the majority of solar cells use the element silicon, which is used extensively in microprocessors and other applications that utilize superconductivity. That means that solar cells can only be produced so long as silicon is available in plentiful quantities. Shortages can cause the price of cells to increase, which is what happened in 2005 after a long decrease in the overall price of cells. In order for companies and consumers to choose solar energy over energy derived from coal or oil, there is going to have to be a cost incentive. If the public shows interest and can put up the money for the technology, then corporations will follow suit.
The next hurdle is the nature of the cells. From the 1970s until the 2000s, solar cells came bundled in ungainly and rigid panels. This meant that a flat surface was needed and that the cells themselves were more fragile and difficult to ship and install. However, several new developments have offered hope in allowing solar cells to be more versatile. Some panels can be manufactured so that they are flexible and can roll up like a sleeping bag. This would allow the cells to occupy less space, be easier to transport and install, and be more durable under adverse conditions. The most exciting breakthrough involves a new kind of solar energy-collecting material that can be sprayed on to surfaces. Although the technology is still in preliminary phases, in one to two decades, this new type of paneling could offer worlds of possibilities. The spray-on material could coat everything from cars to personal attire and could be rigged to charge batteries and Ipods, cars and utilities. In addition, new advances allow certain cells to absorb invisible infrared light from the sun. This means that these new cells can continue to collect energy and generate power even if the sun is obscured by clouds.
A third obstacle to overcome is placement. If solar cells are to compensate for much of the output of current power plants, then large areas of concentrated cells will need to be rigged. The question of where to put these giant collections of cells arises. Should they be placed in residential areas where citizens might complain of their unsightliness, or in remote areas that could potentially harm wildlife? These are questions that need to be addressed before large-scale proliferation of solar technology takes place.
What's to be done in the meantime? Well, the first and most important step is for politicians to put their money where their mouths are and push for improved funding of solar projects. When an infinite energy source like the sun is so omnipresent, then it would be folly to turn a blind eye to it. Most of the work on solar energy is conducted by private companies, which is a difficult gamble. Many large corporations have and will continue to buy up and render inert certain technologies that could threaten their profit interests. Therefore, more government grants need to go toward academic and university research into solar technologies in order to protect the projects' integrity before going public. If we are to cut our dependence on fossil fuels through solar energy, then we as a nation need to be committed to seeing that through to completion. That means activism and letting politicians know that their constituents are interested in turning away from dangerous and finite fuel sources.
In all actuality, solar energy won't completely remove our dependence on fossil fuel. But it can surely take a bite out of that dependence if given the right amount of support.