Bestselling Soil Test Kits in 2020
Luster Leaf 1601 Rapitest Soil Tester, Test Kit for pH, N, P and K
- Quick, at home results for Soil pH, Nitrogen, Phosphrous and Potash
- Innovative and inexpensive soil test kit features an easy-to-use capsule system and patented color comparators
- Contains all components needed for 40 tests. 10 for each of pH, N, P and K
- Simple, detailed instructions included. Great for beginners and experienced gardeners alike.
- Soil pH preference list for over 450 plants included
Sonkir Soil pH Meter, MS02 3-in-1 Soil Moisture/Light/pH Tester Gardening Tool Kits for Plant Care, Great for Garden, Lawn, Farm, Indoor & Outdoor Use (Green)
- INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY: We promise 12-Month Hassle Free Money Back or Free New Replacement guarantee if you receive the defective products or have any questions before you decide to leave a negative feedback or review !
- 3-IN-1 FUNCTION: Test soil moisture, pH value and sunlight level of plant with our MS02 meter, quickly helps you specialize in grasping when you need to water your plant, control the pH value in the soil and know about whether it gets adequate sunlight. Kindly NOTE: The pH function of this soil tester can not be applied to test pH value of any other liquid.
- ACCURATE AND RELIABLE: Premium Double-needle Detection Technology strongly enhances the speed and accuracy of detecting and analyzing soil moisture and pH acidity, refuse to be a killer of plants, promote plant growth in a healthy way.
- EASY TO USE: No batteries needed, just insert the sensor probe into the soil about 2-4 inches, toggle switch to test moisture, pH, sunlight you would like to measure, then wait for a few minutes till the pointer stops swinging to get a stable reading on the scale dial. If the plant is very dry, the soil pointer will not swing, that means your plant needs water.
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE: Design to be lightweight and portable, easy to carry around for outdoor use, ideal soil test tool kit for home plants, garden, lawn and farm.
Marge Plus Soil Moisture Meter, 3 in 1 Soil Test Kit Gardening Tools for PH, Light & Moisture, Plant Tester for Home, Farm, Lawn, Indoor & Outdoor (No Battery Needed)
Luster Leaf Rapitest Soil Tester 1609CS
- Economical soil test kit for testing soil pH, Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P) and Potash (K)
- Contains (10) total tests: (4) for pH and (2) for each of N, P and K along with color coded test tubes
- Final assembly done in the USA
- Simple, fast, and accurate results; no experience required to perform tests
- Includes simple, yet complete instructions for adjusting soil conditions
- Luster Leaf
- Seed Starting
AKEfit Soil pH Meter, 3 in 1 Soil Test Kit for Moisture, Light & pH/Acidity, Gardening Tools for Home and Garden, Lawn, Farm, Plants, Plant Care Soil Moisture Sensor Tester
FYLINA Soil pH Meter, 3 in 1 Soil Test Kit for Moisture, Light & pH/Acidity, Gardening Tools for Home and Garden, Lawn, Farm, Plants, Indoor & Outdoor Plant Care Soil Tester (No Battery Needed)
- 3-in-1 FUNCTIONS: Our 3 in 1 soil tester features moisture meter, pH acidity measurement and light sensor together, provides you a comprehensive idea about the soil condition of your garden and lawn
- NO BATTERY NEEDED: Our environmentally friendly soil tester meter is no need for battery. Just plug the soil pH meter in the soil and instantly get an accurate and precise reading which helps your plants keep in a good condition
- EASY TO USE: There are three calibration tables on this multifunctional meter tool, you can respectively get the accurate value immediately, no need to repeat reading again. Great for taking good care of your plants
- INDOOR OR OUTDOOR USE: Ideal and necessary soil care tool for gardeners, outdoor & indoor plants, gardens & grass lawn, fruits, flowers, vegetables, shrubs, etc.
- KINDLY REMIND: Due to small package, we only give a part of the plant reference, some plants aren't on it, please go to the professional website to get. Hope you have nice experience by exploring your dream garden
Soil Savvy - Soil Test Kit | Understand What Your Lawn or Garden Soil Needs, Not Sure What Fertilizer to Apply | Analysis Provides Complete Nutrient Analysis & Fertilizer Recommendation On Report
Environmental Concepts 1662 Professional Soil Test Kit with 40 Tests
- Contains components for 40 tests. 10 each for Soil pH, N, P and K
- Comes with sturdy plastic case
- Simple and detailed instructions included
- pH preference list for hundreds of plants included
- Tips for gardening and altering soil conditions included
Soil pH Meter, 3-in-1 Soil Test Kit For Moisture, Light & pH, A Must Have For Home And Garden, Lawn, Farm, Plants, Herbs & Gardening Tools, Indoor/Outdoors Plant Care Soil Tester (No Battery Needed)
- 🌺🌺 GARDENING MADE SIMPLE! - Find out what your garden or lawn needs with a little help from our soil test kit! You can now know whether you need to water your soil, amend its pH levels or adjust its lighting!
- 🌸🌸TIME-SAVING & COST EFFECTIVE! - Our premium soil tester saves you both precious time and money, by helping you maintain your soil and, consequently, your garden or lawn in tip-top condition!
- 🌻🌻 NO MORE FALSE READINGS! - Our exquisite piece of soil testing equipment is a rare combination of precision, accuracy and durability, which guarantees that you will never have to repeat a reading again!
- 🌹🌹 EXTREMELY PRACTICAL & EASY TO USE! No need for batteries or preparation; you simply plug our soil tester in the soil area you want to check and instantly get an accurate and precise reading!
- 🌷🌷 BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! We firmly believe that our gardening soil test kit is the best product your money can buy. But if you don't love it, we offer you a 90-day money back guarantee!
Soil Moisture Meter--Rottay 3-in-1 Soil Test Kit Gardening Tools for Moisture, PH and Light, Plant Soil Tester for Home, Farm, Lawn, Indoor/Outdoor -No Battery Needed
Rapitest Premium Soil Test Kit Lawn Flower Plant Test Garden Tester Ph Npk (80 Test Kit 1663)
Soil pH Meter, 3-in-1 Soil Test Kit for Moisture, Light & pH/Acidity, Gardening Tools for Home and Garden, Lawn, Farm, Plants, Indoor & Outdoor Plant Care Soil Tester (No Battery Needed)
Whitetail Institute Laboratory Soil-Test Kit
- ENSURE the most SUCCESSFUL food plot possible
- SAVES YOU MONEY on fertilizer and time
- VERY EASY TO USE - everything you need is included
- RESULTS by mail or email WITHIN ONE WEEK
- Professional consultation INCLUDED - call 800-688-3030 x 2
Garden Soil Testing and Repair for Acidic or Alkaline Soil
Gardening success or failure can be traced back to the garden soil.
How To Test Garden Soil
The only way a gardener can know what type of garden soil they have is by testing it. A piece of blue litmus paper (available at pharmacies) can be used to give a gardener a general idea if their garden soil is too acidic or contains too much alkaline.
To test garden soil using litmus paper, get several garden soil samples from various locations in your garden and mix the soil in a clean bucket. Pour clean rain water over the soil to make it muddy, place 3 strips of the litmus paper in the mud. Wait 10 seconds and remove a piece of litmus paper and rinse with clean water. If the blue litmus paper has turned pink, your garden has acidic soil, the brighter the pink, the more acidic the soil. Remove another piece of litmus paper after 5 minutes, and the last piece after 10 minutes. Rinse the litmus paper and compare the color to the first piece for confirmation.
For more precise garden soil testing, a soil test kit can be purchased from any garden supply center and range in price from a cheap, disposable soil test kit to more expensive and elaborate soil testing kits and meters.
If you don't want to test the garden soil yourself, contact your local county extension office and they will test your garden soil or tell you where to mail a garden soil sample too for testing.
How To Repair Acidic Garden Soil
Repairing acidic garden soil is simple, just add ground limestone. There are 2 types of ground limestone, calcitic and dolomitic, either type will work to neutralize the garden soil, but dolomitic contains magnesium which will fertilize your garden soil as well as neutralize the acid.
Limestone should be added to garden soil at the rate of 5 pounds per 100 square feet and tilled into the soil. Wait 2 weeks before planting any vegetable or flower seeds, and don't add fertilizer to the soil for 2 weeks after adding ground limestone.
Adding hardwood ashes from a wood burning stove or fireplace and tilling it into your garden soil will keep garden soil from becoming too acidic.
How To Repair Alkaline Garden Soil.
Repair alkaline garden soil with sulfur or borax, and a little bit of either will go a long way. Too much sulfur or borax will kill garden plants and flowers, so use sparingly. Apply 2 pounds of ammonia sulfate or borax per 100 square feet of garden. Till it into the garden soil and allow to sit for at least 2 weeks before doing any garden planting.
Adding organic matter, specifically oak leaves, oak saw dust or oak tree bark will repair alkaline soil and won't harm your garden plants. Gypsum will also repair alkaline garden soil and improve soil drainage.