Bestselling Science Education Magnetism Kits in 2020
Learning Resources Super Magnet Lab Kit, 119 Pieces
- This classroom magnet set supports STEM by developing critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Learn new concepts and broaden content vocabulary through numerous, hands-on experiments
- Oversized pieces increase successful experimentation, while small magnetic components improve fine motor skills
- 119-piece set
- For ages 5+
Super Science Magnet Kit.
- Promotes early exploration of magnetic properties.
- The activity booklet included is multi-lingual.
- Various magnets allow for multiple experiments.
Physics for Kids : Electricity and Magnetism - Physics 7th Grade | Children's Physics Books
Be Amazing Toys Big Bag Of Science +70 Activities
- Use REAL SCIENTIFIC TOOLS to perform more than 70 activities from fizzing bubbling colored water to creating instant worms.
- This kit's four color step-by-step instruction book has photos and illustrations to help kids follow along with the science fun.
- This kit covers the three areas of science (Physical, Earth and Life) as well as activities in Chemistry, Physics, Magnetism, Weather, Biology, Geology and Flight. The re-usable BIG zipper Bag is great for storing all components when it's time to put your lab away.
- What is S.T.E.M.? STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, which constitutes many of the areas educators look to cover for science based activities. We are proud to say that his kit has a strong focus on STEM.
- The Amazing Science line of products has been designed to peak kid's curiosity for the world around them. These kits encourage kids to wonder, discover and explore in a way that will get the science to the dinner table. Our goal is to teach kids how to be amazing as they show their friends and family what they've learned. Real Science...Real Learning!
ETA hand2mind 49730 Electromagnet Science Kit
- This kit includes everything students need to construct a catapult, a doorbell, and a telegraph using real scientific components, including a true electromagnet!
- Includes instructions for providing real-world opportunities for your students to learn about electromagnetism
- Geared towards ages 10 - 14
Neo/SCI 050-3429 ESCM Pure Power: Light, Heat, Electricity, and Magnetism Kit, For 32 Students
- Elementary science curriculum module (ESCM) supply kit for students in grades 3-5 to develop understanding of basic science concepts
- Five activities on light, heat and electricity, magnetism, and sound
- Includes materials for 32 students in plastic totes, a teacher's guide, student worksheets, professional development videos, and assessment CD-ROMs
Dowling Magnets Science Discovery Kit: Magnet Levitation
- Explore The Wonders Of Magnets!
- For Age: 10-17
- Great For Science Procedures Or Projects
Static Electricity (Where does Lightning Come From): 2nd Grade Science Workbook | Children's Electricity Books Edition
Ein-O Science Wild Magnets
- Investigate the powerful properties of magnets
- Part of the Know Science DVD Box Kit Series
- Includes incredible instructional movies on one 3D DVD
- Special Ein-O equipment included
- For Ages 7+
The Young Scientists Series - Science Experiments Kit - Set #9
- This kids' experiment kit is recommended for ages 9 to 12 years
- Kit no27 - Tornadoes, clouds and water cycle experiments
- Kit no26 - Static electricity experiments
- Kit no25 - Magnetism experiments
- Multiple award winner
Physics: 101 Fantastic Books, Videos, Games, and Experiment Kits to Supplement Elementary Science (Blueprints for Homeschool Science) (Volume 2)
HongXander 1000PCS Building Blocks Creative Bricks DIY Toy Educational Building Block Gift
Simple Electric Motor Kit #15 - DIY Science Projects & Kids Education
- Simple electric motor for voltage experiments from simplemotor.com
- Kit provides the ability to perform the following experiments with it:
- Build one of four configurations with different position of the magnets
- Experiment with four different voltages (1.5, 3, 4.5, and 6 V) easily
- Kit includes enough wire to make different size wire coils
Back to School Science Kits to Consider
Science is important, even at the elementary school level where funding has been cut in recent years. Whether you have a classroom full of students or just one, here are a few great inexpensive science kits to consider trying this year.
School funding for science and other subjects, especially at the elementary school level, has sharply decreased over recent years as more focus has been placed on math and reading. But that doesn't mean your students have to miss out on great learning experiences. Whether you are a classroom teacher, a home educator or simply a parent who wishes to supplement your child's education at home, you may be interested in picking up some science kits for back to school. Here are a few favorites for you to check out.
You can order science kits that allow you to hatch butterflies, frogs, chickens and more. Bird eggs, like chickens and quail, require an incubator. This can be a little pricey for a single use, but if you have a classroom or a homeschool group that could use the incubator over and over, it's definitely worth the cost. Frog hatcheries and butterfly hatcheries are a lot less expensive, and can be reused with new orders of eggs or you can find eggs or larvae in the wild.
If your student is interested in the inner workings of the body, there is no better way to get an understanding of anatomy and physiology than through a firsthand look. You can get a variety of small animals, including a frog, a fish, several invertebrates and even a fetal pig, complete with a dissection kit and instructions for less than $50. That's enough for weeks and weeks of lab work and will give your student a look at a wide variety of animal organs and structures. Single animal kits are significantly less expensive.
If your students would like to learn about rockets, you have to check out Estes. This company makes a huge variety of customizable rockets available at hobby stores and online. Better yet, they provide lesson plans in information for students and teachers on their website for free. You only need one launch kit, which you can get for under $20 complete with a rocket. Many additional rockets can be purchased for under $10 apiece.
There are so many chemistry kits available, or you can basically build your own by purchasing individual chemicals and pieces of lab equipment. If you are purchasing a chemistry kit for younger students, make sure it has enough materials to do several experiments. I recommend kits that allow you to make slime, grow crystals, and study a variety of scientific concepts.
Kits are available to study the bacteria and fungi in the world around you on a basic level or in a more advanced way. You can get started for less than $30, with enough supplies for a whole classroom or for a few students to do a larger experiment. Home Science Tools offers free experiment ideas on their website for everyday science or even for science fairs.
More by Tavia:
Back to School Strategies to Save Big on School Supplies
College Gear Students Will Really Love
School Supply Tips for Homeschoolers