Bestselling Power Tool Saw Blades in 2020
Evolution Power Tools 10BLADEST Steel Cutting Saw Blade, 10-Inch x 52-Tooth
- Max RPM 3000
- 52 Carbide Teeth, .078-Inch Kerf
- 1-Inch Arbor Size, -Note: Designed for use with Evolution saws or other low RPM saws.
Evolution Power Tools RAGE355Blade Multi-Purpose Cutting Blade for RAGE2, 14-Inch
- Replacement blade
- Cuts wood, steel, aluminum and plastic
- Use with Rage2 14" multipurpose Chop saw and Evosaw380 15" steel cutting Chop saw
- Cuts through steel, aluminum, wood and plastic
- No coolant required
- Produce virtually no heat, burrs, or sparks
Qbit SQ1000-S Power Oscillating Multi-Tool Blade Saw for Single Gang Outlet Box
DEWALT DW4856 Metal/Woodcutting Reciprocating Saw Blade Set, 6-Piece
- Combination set provides a selection of blades for common applications
- Compatible with all reciprocating saw brands
- Ideal for use with metal, plastic, wood, and drywall
- Set includes six (6) reciprocating saw blades
- Raker tooth design increases the tooth contact area for faster cuts
20 Metal/wood Oscillating Multitool Quick Release Saw Blades Fit Fein Multimaster Porter Cable Black & Decker Bosch Dremel Craftsman Ridgid Ryobi Makita Milwaukee Dewalt Rockwell Chicago Stainley Skil
- 20 Metal and Wood Saw Blades
- Fit Most Quick Release system as well as old Hex Screw system
- fit in Porter Cable, Rockwell Hyperlock, Bosch , Black and decker, Craftsman Bolt-on 20V
- Contractors pack, profession selection of top blades used in job site construction duties.
- Does NOT fit Dremel MM40, MM45, Bosch MX30, Rockwell Bolt On and Fein SuperCut.
WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2" Compact Circular Saw – WX429L
SKIL 75312 7-1/4-Inch Saw Blade Combo Pack with 18 Tooth Crosscutting and Ripping Blade and 40 Tooth Finishing Blade, Pack of 2
- Carbide circular saw blades offer longer life, durability, fast cuts and very high performance.
- Tungsten carbide teeth last up to 60X longer than steel blades
- Expansion slots ensure blades run straight and true
- Sharp cutting edges deliver fast, smooth cuts
- Clear anti-stick coating resists heat, friction and binding
Evolution Power Tools EVOSAW380 15-Inch Steel Cutting Chop Saw
- Dry metal cutting Chop saw; cuts metal with minimal heat or sparks and doesn't require coolant
- 1800 watt / 15 amp motor with high torque gearbox; reduces motor load and improves steel cutting performance
- Heavy duty cast aluminum base; for industrial metal cutting
- Outperforms abrasive saws; faster cutting & long blade life averages 1000 cuts in 2 in x 2 in mild steel
- Cold cut saw; cuts metal with minimal heat and burrs, leaving a workable finish
- Comes supplied with a 14" Mild Steel Cutting blade
Black & Decker BD4KITCDCRL 20V MAX Drill/Driver Circular and Reciprocating Saw Worklight Combo Kit
- Part of the black+decker 20V max* battery system and 2 batteries doubles the runtime for larger projects and less down time
- Drill / Driver features an 11 position clutch with a LED work light to illuminate the work surface
- Circular saw features a high torque motor with a 5-1/2" blade
- Reciprocating saw features 3000Spm motor, 7/8" stroke length and tool-free blade changes
- LED work ight offers 70 Lumens for up to 11 hours of runtime
15 Wood/Metal Professional Oscillating Multi Tool Quick Release Saw Blades for Fein Multimaster, Dremel Multi-Max, Dewalt, Craftsman, Ridgid, Makita, Milwaukee, Rockwell, Ryobi, and More
?The Best Deal?OriGlam 6Pcs HSS Saw Blades Circular Saw Blade, Cutting Discs Mandrel Rotary Tool For Dremel Metal Cutter Power Tool Kit Wood Cutting Discs Drill Mandrel
Rockwell RK3440K Versacut 4.0 Amp Ultra-Compact Circular Saw with Laser Guide and 3-Blade Kit with Carry Case
- Powerful, 4.0 amp, multi-functional, ultra-compact circular saw
- Cuts wide variety of materials such as tile, wood, sheet metal, plastics, flooring, and more
- Ergonomic design with slim grip handle improves comfort and enhances grip and control - guide with just one hand!
- Built-in laser guide helps you align the perfect cut;120 inches cord
- Pivoting metal guard accommodates safe and easy plunge cuts
- Dust extraction adapter keeps the cut line free of dust for improved visibility
EZARC 12-piece Oscillating Saw Blades Set Universal for Quick Release Multitool, Metal and Wood Blades for Dewalt, Craftsman, Ridgid, Milwaukee, Rockwell, Ryobi, Bosch (Non-Starlock), Dremel and More
- Professional selection of the popular oscillating saw blades including Bi-metal and CRV blades for most stubborn nails, metal, wood, plastics and drywall cutting
- Blades include both Bi-Metal and CRV: Bi-Metal multi tool blades with HSS alloy teeth are very durable for nails and hard material cutting while CRV wood saw blades shows much longer life than HCS saw blades
- Various teeth geometry and cutting width can meet different cutting request: Clean and precision cutting with Japanese teeth, small plunge cut with 4/5-inch small sawing edge on wood, abrasive wooden materials or plastics
- The set is great for the applications including trimming and correcting, demolition, plumbing, remodeling and general wood and metal cutting works
- Compatible more oscillating tools than any competitors with two extra adapters: Black & Decker / Demel, Bosch (Non-StarLock) / Porter-Cable / Craftsman / Rockwell / Dewalt / Mastercraft / Skil / Ridgid / Fein / Einhell / Worx / Milwaukee / AEG / Chicago / Makita / Ryobi and more
Exchanging Freedom for Profit
A new invention is available that can save the fingers of people using table saws. Instead of letting us decide whether we want to use it or not, the inventor is trying to force us to use his product, effectively taking away our freedom of choice.
One of the things that has historically made the United States great is the freedom that its citizens were allowed. This would sometimes even include the freedom to act with stupidity. The government never told pioneers that they couldn't travel west because it was too dangerous (although they did sometimes restrict movement based on Indian rights). US citizens built skyscrapers and went into mines before all the safety gear that we have today was invented. Today, the government often tries to take away our freedoms when it thinks that it is for our own good. It has been regulating what kind of food that we can eat, whether we can choose whether or not to wear seat belts, and whether or not our kids are allowed to get a toy with a fast food meal. One of the more recent attempts to take away our freedoms involves the table saw. If one man gets his way, he will become rich by taking away yet another one of our freedoms.
The Amazing SawStop Invention
One man, Stephen Gass, invented an amazing invention that is at the heart of this erosion of freedom: the SawStop. About 4,000 people lose the tips of their fingers or other body parts every year due to accidents involving table saws. SawStop uses a small electric current to detect when a body part has gotten a little too close to the saw, but will still saw through wood like it is supposed to. Nobody is disputing that this isn't an excellent invention: who wouldn't want to use a saw that could potentially save their fingers, hand, or arm?
Trading Freedom for Safety
While there is nothing wrong with the SawStop, the problem lies in the fact that Gass is trying to use the law to force saw makers to use his invention. Instead of trying to convince the American public that saws using his invention are far superior to regular saws, and letting the free market turn towards these safer saws, he is trying to convince the government to pass a law that would force saw manufacturers to include this safety measure, or something like it, in all saws that are sold. Since Gass is a patent lawyer and owns the patent to this invention, it is almost certain that he would enforce the patent on his invention, and alternative measures are unlikely to be available. Adding this safety measure would increase the cost of these saws by about $100. Today, you can buy an inexpensive table saw for less than $100.
The government is not there to protect us from every single problem that we might encounter in life. We should have the freedom to take risks. Life is risky. While it is great that there is an invention out there that can prevent people from injuring themselves, we should be able to decide for ourselves whether we want it or not. There would probably be plenty of people out there that would choose to buy a saw with SawStop because they think that it's a great idea. There may be some people out there that need to do a small do-it-yourself project that can't afford the extra expense and are willing to take the risk. They should be allowed to make that choice.
Source: Plungis, Jeff. "A Fight Over Finger-Friendly Table Saws". Bloomberg Businessweek, 13 June 2020-19 June 2020, pp. 32-33.