Bestselling Power Sander Quick Change Discs in 2021
2" Roloc A/O Quick Change Sanding Discs 60 Grit - 25 Pack
- Great for hard to reach areas!
- R-Type Roloc Backing
DocaDisc 30PC - 2 inch Roloc Sanding Disc Mixed Pack // Surface Conditioning Discs // Roloc Disc/Air Grinder Disc for Surface prep, Paint Stripping, Grinding & Finishing (Course/Medium / Fine)
- HIGH PERFORMANCE aggressive cutting abrasive discs for surface conditioning and prep, paint and rust removal, sanding, cleaning, grinding, stripping, deburring, polishing, finishing, gasket removal, self-sharpening, scruff blending, and sticker and adhesive removal
- SUPERIOR DURABILITY with aluminum oxide non-woven, open web abrasive material which enables cool disc running and reduces the risk of heat induced warping and discoloration - each roloc disc meets the highest durability standards for roloc sanding discs and other 2 inch grinding discs and pads
- OPTIMAL DESIGN conformable material preserves irregular and uneven surfaces, and the compact 2 inch size enables easy detail work in tighter contoured areas while still providing sufficient coverage area to handle larger surfaces; extensively tested against competitor discs to ensure optimal quality and superior customer value
- SIMPLE AND SEAMLESS USE supported by the quick-change roll lock backing enables aggressive cutting and fast, seamless disc changing to ensure project continuity and consistent finishing
- WIDE APPLICATIONS for use on stainless steel, alloys, non-ferrous materials, plastics, and fiberglass; useful for auto body and automotive work, such as rotor finishing, and on motorcycles, boats, die casting parts, bicycle parts, machinery, knives, and many other items
3" Roloc A/O Quick Change Sanding Disc 80 Grit - 25 Pack
- QUANTITY: This is a package of 25 Aluminum Oxide Quick Change Discs.
- DIMENSIONS: 3" Diameter with a Male R-Type backing pad
- APPLICATIONS: Our A/O Quick Change Discs are typically used for general purpose grinding, deburring, stock removal, cleaning up welds, removing paint, protective wax and scale oxidation.
- USE: Our QC discs are made for use on a die grinder and should be only be used with the proper mandrel. 3" discs should be used with a 3 inch mandrel.
- INFO: Our discs are made with premium quality Aluminum Oxide grains.
ProTool 5542 Roloc Disc Pad Holder Shank, 2" L
- 2-diameter holder for Roloc-type discs and pads - excellent quality, made in Taiwan
- Heavy-duty rubber pad, aluminum core with nickel-plated removable steel shank
- 1/4 shank fits power drills, die grinders, air grinders and other power tools
- Accepts sanding, polishing, surface conditioning/preparation, bristle and other disc consumables
- Rated 20,000 RPM, 1-1/2L shank, overall height 2-5/8; 2.5 oz. Also available in 3 diameter
ATD Tools 3151 2" Coarse Grit Quick Change Surface Conditioning Disc, (Pack of 25)
- Recommended for use in applications requiring considerable mechanical strength
- Extremely quick to change
- Fast and heavy abrasive action with high unloading properties
- Compact design fits into hard-to-reach areas
- Maximum rpm: 25,000
Mckay 3" Variety Pack Grit Abrasive Roll Lock Sanding Discs AKA Quick Change Mandrel Pads - 25pc Set - 5 each 36, 60, 80, 120 and 220 Grits
- Includes 25-3 Inch Roloc Style Sanding Discs. 5 each 36, 60, 80, 120 and 220 grits.
- THREATED PAD BACKS SCREW TIGHTLY ONTO THE MANDREL and allow for quick and easy changes. IDEALLY CONNECTS TO OUR MCKAY ROLOC SANDING DISC HOLDER, Part Number PL82095.
- IDEAL FOR SURFACE PREP AND FINISH WORK, Also Quickly Removes Paint and Rust for Refinishing.
- ABRASIVE MATERIAL: ALUMINUM OXIDE, for use with die Grinders and Drills Power Tools
- MAX RPM SPEED 20,000
ATD Tools 2076 6" Quick Change Sanding Disc Pad
- Lightweight, durable and well-balanced
- 10,000 RPM maximum operating speed
- 5/16 inch x 24 threads
- For use with 6 inches hook and loop quick change sanding discs
3M Fibre Disc 785C TN Quick Change, Ceramic Aluminum Oxide, 4-1/2" Diameter, 36 Grit (Pack of 25)
- Ceramic/aluminum oxide abrasive blend self-sharpens yielding high cut rates and increased durability
- Stiff fiber backing provides the durability needed for weld removal and other medium pressure applications such as deburring or rust removal
- Grinding aid reduces grinding temperatures for processes involving heat-sensitive alloys such as stainless steel, nickel alloys, and titanium
- TN quick-change attachment simplifies disc changes between steps
- Use with a lighter density face plate for lighter weight grinding applications, and a harder density face plate for more heavyweight grinding applications (sold separately)
- Compatible with 3M disc pad face plates and hubs, and requires the use of a disc retainer nut (all sold separately)
- Available in a variety of sizes to suit different applications
2" Roloc Aluminum Oxide Quick Change Sanding Discs 60 Grit - 25 Pack
- 25 Pack of 2" 60 Grit Aluminum Oxide Sanding Discs
- Long Lasting Premium Quality Sanding Grains
- Universal Male Type-R Connection
- Roloc Compatible Disc
- Popular for welding and autobody work
Sungold Abrasives 74903 Medium Non Woven Surface Conditioning R-Type Quick Change Disc, 2-Inch, Maroon (25/box)
- Sungold SunBrite Surface prep discs will quickly remove gasket materials and surface oxidation and/or rust
- Used to quickly remove cut cork or paper gaskets prior to the assembling of power train components, engine blocks, heads, and valve covers
- For cleaning and finishing on all metals
- For best results use with Sungold # 99081 pad
Power Tools for the DIY Enthusiast: A Guide
Here's a handy guide on how to get started in the wonderful world of power tools.
In a recent article, I discussed the basics of hand tools and how to choose the best ones for your application. In this article, we will be discussing power tools for the do-it-yourselfer. Power tools can take your projects to another level, and they open up a whole world of possibilities for those who are willing to get their hands dirty. Power tools can make repairs go faster and allow you to tackle jobs you never thought possible. Here are some tools you will find handy, how to choose the best ones and where to find them for the best price.
If I could only have one power tool, it would be a cordless drill. I use this constantly as a power screwdriver, and it really makes life easier on me and my wrist. From hanging a picture to hanging drywall, this tool is as useful as they come. They come in all shapes and sizes. Get one that feels comfortable in your grip and isn't overly large or heavy. The batteries come in many different sizes: from 6-volt to 24-volt. For the weekend warrior, I would suggest a 12- to 14-volt battery. They have plenty of power and will drive screws and drill holes until the cows come home. When buying a drill, pick up a good set of drill and screw bits so you are ready to put that new drill of yours to work.
A circular saw is another tool a do-it-yourselfer should have handy. A circular saw (also known as a Skil saw) will get you well on your way to all those projects you wanted to get done over the summer. Fences, decks, tree houses, nothing will seem out of reach once you get one of these babies in your hands. The basic size for these saws is 7 Â¼." This measurement comes from the size of the blade the saw uses and will be fine for most of your cutting needs. Saws come in corded and battery operated models. With the circular saw, I prefer the corded, but there are many good battery operated models out there. This tool requires a lot of power and will use up your batteries faster than a drill will, so I go with the cord so I won't have to stop and wait for a battery to charge. When you buy a saw, make sure and get a good general purpose blade to start with.
For notching, cutting circles, and rounding off a piece of wood, look no further than the jigsaw. This is a very handy tool for fine cutting and making those sharp turns a circular saw can't make. Basically, a jigsaw is held like an iron but has a blade about the size and shape of your finger (except much thinner) and moves up and down (or back and forth as you would do with a handsaw). Jigsaws will allow you to take a basic project and add some flair to it. Again, make sure and get a pack of good general purpose blades for your saw at purchase.
A power sander is another tool that can save you a lot of work and time. They come in a variety of sizes and styles. The two basic styles are vibrating and belt. The vibrating sander works much like your hand except it goes much faster and doesn't cramp up. The belt sander is typically used for bigger jobs. You can decide which you need depending on your application.
The reciprocal saw is the beast of the power tool world. It is a two-handed monster that, with the right blade, can cut through metal, wood, plastic, screws, nails and even kryptonite. Their blades move much like a jigsaw with a push and pull motion, but without all the social graces. It can comfortably be used both vertically and horizontally.
These to me are the must-have basics for power tools. The list is endless when it comes to what's available, and you could spend a fortune getting them all. That brings us to what to get and how much to spend. High-end brands like Dewalt and Makita are awesome tools and would be a great addition to your tool collection, but really aren't necessary for the weekend warrior. Brands like Black amp; Decker, Skil and Craftsman are just as good and much more affordable. Craftsman can be picked up at your local Sears and the other brands are available at most hardware stores and some of your bigger retailers like Walmart. Avoid cheap knock-off brands, and remember: you get what you pay for.
One last thing. No matter what tools you settle on, get a pair of safety glasses and ear plugs. Power tools can be dangerous, and safety is something that should be in the forefront of your mind at all times. Watch your fingers and always know where your electrical cords are. Make sure whatever you're cutting is well supported and read the manuals that come with your tools.
Tools pay for themselves the more you use them. So tackle those projects you've always wanted to and let the saws sing!