Bestselling Pottery & Modeling Clays in 2022
DAS Air Hardening Modeling Clay, 2.2 Pound Block, White (387500)
- Great for both classroom and studio use
- Doesn't require oven baking - air dries in 24 hours
- Super pliability helps build hand strength and fine motor skills
- Perfect for all ages
- Earn free supplies - Visit the Prang Power website for program information
DSYJ Pack of 5 Clay Color Shaping Modeling Wipe Out Tools Rubber Tip Paint Brushes for Sculpture Pottery
- Package included 5 pcs rubber pen
- Tool set for color shaping,blending,drawing, fine detail,touch-up work and remove the fingerprints
- 1/4 inch width and 1/2 inch length soft tips,taper point, angle chisel, flat chisel, cup chisel, cup round
- 6 1/4 inch full length with wooden handle
ARTISTORE Ball Stylus Dotting Tools Pottery Modeling Tools 18pcs Clay Sculpting Modeling Set for Pottery Sculpture, Mandala Rock Art, Polymer Clay & Ceramic Pottery Craft, Embossing Pattern
Polymer Clay Tools, Genround 19pcs Modeling Clay Sculpting Tools, 5pcs Wooden Dotting Tools, 5pcs Rubber Tip Pens, 4pcs Ball Stylus Tool, 4pcs Modeling Tools Pottery Tools, and Storage Case
AMACO 4630-2B Air Dry Modeling Clay, 10-Pound, White
- Ten pounds of white air dry clay in moisture sealed box
- Clay can be air dried or fired in a kiln at cone 04
- Sculpt by hand or throw on a pottery wheel
- An excellent and easy to use material for school projects or crafts
- Can be painted once dry or shellacked to strengthen and seal out moisture
eBoot 11 Pcs Wooden Handle Clay Pottery Sculpting Tools
- Double ended tool, wood handle
- 11-piece tool assortment cover all sculpting techniques: carving, cutting, chipping, modeling
- Material: stainless steel; Size: (app)13-19.5 cm
- Suitable for beginner level pottery and sculpting, create and build any shapes on hand made
- Convenient to use on many texture: malleable, pliable such as polymer, ceramic clay, wax candles
Onshine Sculpting Tools Polymer Clay Tools 18 Pcs Ball Stylus Dotting Tools Set Rock Painting Kit for Pottery Modeling Clay Sculpture
- PACKAGE INCLUDING: Ball stylus dotting tools set come with 5 pcs rubber pen, Rubber handle ball stylus x 4, Wooden handle ball stylus x 5, Plastic stylus x 4, a exquisite perfect well organized roll-up case. can meet your various craft projects needs for different creative effect. A great gift for your friend and family who are Beginners, Intermediate or more Experienced
- PREMIUM QUALITY MATERIAL: the ball is made of quality stainless steel, the wooden handle is durable and sturdy, hard to bend. Easy to grip, convenient to use.
- WIDE APPLICATION: Use the ball stylus dotting tools set to make dots, smooth lines in clay, sculpture, make paper flowers and other craft projects, embossing on soft metal, also suitable for cake, fondant decorating flower, etc.
- UNIQUE DESIGN: polymer clay tools use Dual-ended design. Double-ended ball creative design will give you more convenience when making craft projects or art nails.
- DIMENSION: Length between 12.4-16.5cm , lightweight and easy to use. Total 20 ball end sizes: minimum 1mm, maximum 19mm in diameter, meet all your needs in craft project.
13 Pcs Ball Stylus Dotting Tools Kit for Clay Ceramics Pottery Sculpting Carving Modeling and Rock Painting
- The package includes 13 modeling stylus tools and these kits have 20 different balls for you to choose to do the diy clay craft projects
- There are 4 dotting tools with blue rubber handles, 5 with wood handles and 4 black plastic stylus that are sturdy and durable;these stylus kits are anti slip and easy for you to grip and use to create fine details
- 4.9-6.5 inches in length and the diameter of the balls are minimum 0.04 inch and maximum 0.75 inch
- You can use them for school and home clay sculpting, ceramics dotting, paper flowers embossing, pottery modeling and other craft decorating projects
- Ideal stylus supplies for creating fine details, dotting, carving, modeling, shaping, smoothing and painting in the diy crafts; better keep them out of the reach of the children under 3 years old
Shappy 9 Piece Ball Stylus Dotting Modeling Tools Clay Ceramics Pottery Carving Tool Embossing Sculpting Set
- This set of dotting tools has 18 balls totally in different sizes, can meet your various craft projects needs for different creative effect
- Ball stylus tools material: All the balls are made of stainless steel, with blue rubber handle or wood handle, easy to grip, convenient to use
- Dual ends design: Double-ended metal ball tools provide more choices of balls, this clay sculpting tools are suitable for both home and school use
- Wide application: Use them to make dots, smooth lines in clay, sculpture, make paper flowers and other craft projects
Meuxan AL051 13 Piece Ball Stylus Dotting Tools, Clay Pottery Modeling Set, Rock Painting Kit
- Total 13 tools for creating fine details, dotting, shaping, smoothing and painting in craft projects
- Dual-ended design, total 20 ball end sizes: Minimum 1mm, maximum 19mm in diameter
- Ideal for making dots, blending seams in clay, painting on rocks and making paper flowers
- Length between 4.9-6.5 inches, lightweight and easy to use
Modeling Clay - Sculpting and Molding Premium Air Dry Clay (10 lb)
- Pro-Grade WED clay is extremely pliable sculpture clay used for modeling and molding professionally in special effects (FX) sets and the motion picture studios
- Water based art clay is smooth, soft, slow drying and safe for kids to play with
- Great hardening clay for hand building, replicas, taxidermy, clay art therapy and studio pieces
- Effective for casting masks with wax or clay sculpting tools
- Effective for casting masks with wax or clay sculpting tools Color is Gray. Not formulated to be fired.
Vktech 10PCS Wooden Clay Sculpture knife Pottery Sharpen Modeling Tools Set (10PCS Wooden)
- Length: Approx. 14.5-15.6cm
- Material: Wood
- Consists of 10 double ended tools
- The curved end contours delicate features.
- Wooden Clay Sculpture knife
Polymer Clay, 32 Blocks Colored Oven Bake Modelling Clay, iFergoo DIY Colored Clay Kit with Modeling Tools, Tutorials and Accessories, 1.73lb
Modeling Categories that Fit Your Body Type, Age, and Image
Know the different categories of modeling available based on age, body type, and look. Beginning models will benefit from learning how to break into modeling.
As an aspiring model, it is your responsibility to understand which area of modeling you fit into best. As you do research on the internet you will find many titles, categories, and subcategories for different types of models. Here are some basic categories to help you along.
This is the most difficult area of modeling to get into. Most agencies and designers have very strict guidelines and preferences for high fashion modeling. These models need to between 5'8" and 6' tall. They should weigh between 108-130lbs depending on height. They should also have measurements that fit the popular image that designers want at that moment. Right now, agencies prefer measurements close to 34(bust)-24(waist)-34(hips).
Don't be alarmed if you don't fit these guidelines. High fashion modeling represents one of the smallest portions of working models.
A commercial/lifestyle model represents the average person in an ad, newspaper, webpage, etc. Since these models are meant to look like you and me, there are no specific guidelines when finding commercial models. Agencies prefer to see someone who has an image that is generally appealing. If you look at ads, you will find models of all shapes, ages, and sizes.
A model in this category must understand their strengths and play them up. If you look like a housewife, then make sure your total image reflects that. If you look like a college student or even a grandparent, you must take care to style your hair and find a wardrobe to reflect that image. You must also make sure that you are comfortable and natural in front of a camera.
Fitness models are exactly as they sound. They represent a fit lifestyle. They can model for gyms, health shakes, fitness magazines, etc. The most important thing about being a fitness model is looking fit and muscular with definition. Height is not as important a factor as it is in high fashion, but models should still be at least average height.
Glamour models are predominantly female. Women in this category are not always the stereotypical tall, ultra-thin model. Though glamour models still need to be fit, agencies and magazines prefer a curvier, sexier model. These models are working to appeal to a male demographic. You can find them in magazines like Maxim, Stuff, etc. If you are considering becoming a glamour model, you must also be very comfortable with posing in lingerie, bikinis, or even sometimes nothing at all. If you are fit and have curves, this can be a very lucrative career.
These two types of modeling are mentioned together because they require a lot of the same characteristics from a model. First a foremost, a promotional model needs to be outgoing and articulate. You are meeting face to face with your clientele. Promotional modeling is one of the easiest types of modeling to break into. You can work at bars handing out samples, or you can work in a store providing taste tests or samples. In fact, something as simple as handing out flyers or directing concert traffic can also be considered promotion modeling.
Trade show modeling is very much the same, except most of the time you are expected to be very attractive in addition to being outgoing. Many trade show models work at car shows or comic book conventions. Trade show models serve as an attraction rather than a promoter. They are intended to bring convention goers over to certain areas to increase traffic. The type of look a trade show booker is going for can vary greatly. For car shows or comic book conventions, bookers tend to look for curvier, sexier models, but for medical conventions or business conventions, typically bookers tend to look for more conservative looking models.
Parts modeling is another aspect of modeling. This can be a much more difficult area to get into, because each body part that is used in modeling has its own set of guidelines for what is expected. For instance, hand models need to have flawless hands, long tapered fingers, perfectly groomed nails, and minimal wrinkles. If you feel that you have a gorgeous body part, do research. Look up other parts models and find out why they are successful. Look for specifics on ear models (yes they do exist) or foot models.
It is important to understand that, though it sounds easy to pose a hand or foot, it is much more difficult than it looks. Many times a hand model has to pose their hand in an awkward position for hours at a time and keep the illusion of a relaxed hand. It can be excruciating, and extra care is needed to protect your featured body part.
Remember, if you want to get into modeling, don't lose hope! There are many types of modeling, and finding paying jobs may not be as impossible as it seems. It is still difficult and takes a great deal of work, but by realistically understanding your image, you can work as a model.