Bestselling Portable Shortwave Radios in 2020
Kaito KA500GRN 5-Way Powered Emergency AM/FM/SW Weather Alert Radio, Green
- 5-way powered emergency radio, AC, battery, hand crank, solar, computer
- AM/FM/Shortwave radio and 7 pre-set NOAA weather channels with alert
- 180-degree adjustable solar panel
Retekess V111 Portable AM FM Shortwave Radio Alarm Clock Battery Operated AA Battery with Earphones Jack Sleep Timer for Travel(Black)
C Crane CC Skywave AM, FM, Shortwave, Weather and Airband Portable Travel Radio with Clock and Alarm
- Small Lightweight Portable AM/FM/Shortwave/Weather/Airband Travel Clock Radio With Alarm
- Lighted LCD Display, Rotary Volume Knob, Stereo Headphone Jack, Sleep Timer
- 400 Memory Presets, Direct Entry Keypad, Autoscan Tuning, Signal Meter
- Runs approx. 60-70 hrs. at moderate volume on (2) AA batteries (not included) or can be powered by an optional AC adapter
- Includes Earbuds, Carry Case and Fold-out Backstand. 1 Year Warranty.
Retekess V115 Portable AM FM Radio with Shortwave Radio MP3 Player Digital Record Support Micro SD TF Card Sleep Timer and Rechargeable Battery(Black)
- Portable short wave radio;4.7 x 3.1 x 0.9 in very small; compact; It is amazing to find this much functionality in such a small package; Will fit in a man's shirt pocket; No alarm;only sleep timer
- V115 transistor radio bass sound with MIC recording and line in recording radio recording etc 3 recording mode and simple 64kbps; quality 96kbps ; super 128kbps 3 recording quality
- Am fm radio with MP3 player speaker by 3.5mm AUX input and also can be used as a loudspeaker by usb cable
- Built in three languages Chinese English Spanish; 9k/10k for AM tuning increment;package not including adaptor;just including usb cable;you can charge the radio from computer or connect phone adapter
- Upgrade;manual storing of specific frequencies to the number keys;the numbers on the pad allow you to change the assigned radio stations; Instead; after programming each station
Retekess V117 Portable AM FM Analog Radio Shortwave Battery Operated by 2 AA Battery Transistor Radio with DSP 3.5mm Headphone Jack(Black)
- In this digital era; you're surrounded by your smartphone;leaving you with no breathing space and no peace of mind; But sometimes all you need is to lay back with a simple transistor radio; you can unwind by tuning into your favorite music station
- Power outage; When power interruptions occur for long periods of time; It's a very stressful feeling of isolation;V117 AM/FM transistor radio runs on AA batteries found in every household; you can stay connected and get broadcast news in real time
- Sounds good; V117 AM/FM pocket radio will take you back to your younger years without compromising sound quality; With a built-in large speaker; it can easily fill a room with your treasured songs; or favorite baseball game
- Long lasting enjoyment; Using your devices throughout the day eats up batteries in a few hours' time; With our AM/FM radio; your AA batteries will last for weeks; So go ahead and take it on a long trip; or give it to your son or daughter for camping
- Gift idea;Want to score some compliments when choosing a present for your parents grandparents aunts or uncles; This AM/FM radio is the ultimate gadget to purchase; Simple to use; yet elegant and classy; it's sure to fill their heart with joy
Kaito KA500 5-way Powered Emergency AM/FM/SW NOAA Weather Alert Radio with Solar,Dynamo Crank,Flashlight and Reading Lamp, Color Black
- A perfect radio for emergencies and disasters, it comes with all the features that you need in any emergency situation. It comes with a High quality AC type brushless generator.
- The solar panel powers the radio by itself and charges the built-in batteries as well.
- To maximize the sunlight's rays, the solar panel is designed to tilt with the suns position to receive the energy during the day time.
Eton Mini Compact AM/FM/Shortwave Radio, Black, NGWMINIB
- Digital tuner and display
- Digital display frequency timer and alarm activation
- FM telescopic antenna
- Band selector on left side
- Powered by 2 AAA batteries or 6V AC adaptor into the DC jack (sold separately)
Tecsun PL880 Portable Digital PLL Dual Conversion AM/FM, Longwave & Shortwave Radio with SSB (Single Side Band) Reception
- Full range coverage including AM/FM, Longwave & Shortwave with Single Side Band
- PLL synthesized digital dual conversion receiver with unparallelled sensitivity & selectivity
- 4 & 5 selectable bandwidth filters on AM and SSB respectively plus single Side Band receiver with 10 Hz tuning step
- 24 hour alarm clock plus sleep timer from 0-120 minutes
- Powered by one single 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery with built-in charger, battery included
Retekess L-258 Portable AM FM Radio Shortwave Transistor Radio Support SD Card USB Driver AUX Input MP3 Player Rechargeable Battery(Silver)
- Easy to tune with L-258 am fm shortwave radio as Christmas gift for family; Two independent knob for volume and tuning control;large and soft buttons for senior;Easy to operate buttons on the radio make it a good one for someone with poor eyesight
- 3.5mm AUX input; Audio output function fit for Ipad; MP3; MP4 player; Iphone and other mobile phones;Easy to plug in your iPod; Smartphone; tablet; laptop and other MP3 player or any audio source
- Rechargeable 1000mA(not 800) lithium battery included support better last time; LED screen;large buttons and portable size make this radio a convenient partner in your daily life
- Equipped with a high quality 5W high power speaker and bass diaphragm; 180g/ 0.4lb weight 4.9 x 3.1 x 1 in small size suitable for home;outdoor;office and other places convenient to carry; excellent for walking; hike; camping; backpack
- Shortwave transistor radio with 21 inch antenna support better reception; Delete the preset station function; you can enjoy personal radio time plug in the 3.5mm earpiece jack
Tecsun PL398MP DSP Digital AM/FM/LW Shortwave Radio with Dual Speakers & MP3 Player, Black
Retekess HR11S Emergency Radio with AM FM Shortwave Radio Dynamo Radio Solar Wind Up with SOS Flashlight MP3 Player Recorder Alarm Clock DSP(Green)
- HR11S is a lightweight; multifunctional radio (255g) and fits in many pockets; Ideal for outdoor; camping;adventure and survival; Excellent companion for backpackers; Crank radio was a gift to the parents and friends
- Camping radio allows power via; solar charge; hand crank; 850mAh rechargeable Nokia BL-5C lithium battery; can also be charged via USB cable; DC5V output; even smartphones can be charged with the dynamo radio
- Solar radio with multifunctionality;3 tuning methods FM MW SW;ATS.2 recording methods;Radio recording;MIC recording;time; alarm;sleep timer; recorder; A-B repeat;This radio also has an MP3 player; Simply load music to the micro SD card (not included)
- Use the HR11S wind up radio as a voice recorder; Just cut along their interesting radio broadcasts; So you can listen to important content again to not forget anything;You can stream music from your smartphone to the portable rechargeable radio
- Other survival features; flashlight; SOS alarm with flashing red light; And indispensable tool in an emergency; Whether on AM; FM or SW; you will not miss any news; world news; traffic information; sporting events
LCJ Portable Digital Shortwave Radio Receiver and FM AM Radio with World Band Transistor (Black)
Eton Field AM / FM / Shortwave Radio with RDS and Bluetooth, NGWFBTB
- AM/FM/SW Bands
- FM with RBDS (radio data system)
- Dial-in-Dial coarse/fine digital Tuning
- Treble/bass control.If batteries are in the unit and it is powered via its AC adapter, it will automatically switch to battery use if there is an AC power failure
- Rf Gain control
Wide Spectrum of Christian Beliefs Found on Shortwave Radio
If you can not find your favorite Christian radio program, give shortwave radio a try.
Shortwave radio broadcasters operate on the radio frequencies that are located between the AM and FM dial of you common household radio or car radio. Therefore, most common radios cannot tune to these shortwave radio bands. However, you can purchase a shortwave radio at a very modest cost. A portable model for under $100 will pick up just about any broadcast that originates in the United States. This is exactly where most broadcasters purchase broadcast time. Although the domestic operators are broadcasting to reach a worldwide audience, their signal is still powerful enough to hear in the Unites States. Overseas broadcasts can also be heard on some of these lower cost radios. The best times to listen are in the evening or late at night. Program hosts, pastors, and preachers pay for usage of the radio station transmitter time to make their broadcast.
If you do not wish to lay down the cash for a radio, many broadcasters and radio program websites offer streaming content over the Internet. Some common broadcaster websites are:
KAIJ - KAIJ Shortwave
WWRB - World Wide Religious Broadcasting
WBCQ - The Planet
WEWN - Eternal Word Television Network
WHRI - World Harvest Radio
You will see be able to get the broadcast schedules for any program that you may find interesting from any of these websites, or you will be able to hear live streaming audio.
Colorful characters on the airwaves
There are many unique preachers that offer their teachings over the shortwave bands. Much of the content, is not considered politically (or religiously?) correct over mainstream media, which is why they turn to the shortwave bands. Although many of the more mainstream programs are simulcast on the AM or FM dial. This is especially true of some of the larger religious networks, such as EWTN or TBN, who use domestic shortwave stations to broadcast their content to a worldwide audience.
On other cases, some program hosts only purchase as little as 15 minutes of air time per month. Others may operate 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. The more commonly heard programs are listed below. This list provides just a smattering of some of the variety that is available.
Dr Gene Scott/Melissa Scott - 24 hours a day - live internet streams
As pastor of University Cathedral, Dr Gene Scott founded and built the largest Protestant congregation in the Los Angeles area. Dr Scott was a flamboyant preacher who often smoked a cigar during his sermons, while interjecting anecdotes about his winery and prized horse collection.
With his passing in 2005, his widow, Pastor Melissa Scott, courageously took over the reins of the ministry and leads the church today. Their teaching analyzes biblical passages using a research oriented and highly academic approach. Re-plays of many of Dr Scott's sermons are still available on shortwave, and on his university network, which is aired primarily in California on different cable networks. They also purchase television time in late night or early time slots across the United States on other broadcast networks. Listening in on either of Dr Scott's or Pastor Scott's sermons, you will not only get a lesson in biblical teaching, but also a thorough breakdown on linguistics, Greek and Roman history, human behavior, and church doctrine.
R.G Stair - 24 hours a day - live internet streams
Brother R. G. Stair, also known as the "The Overcomer" claims that he is one of God's appointed prophets. He is also possibly the most persistent speaker, remaining at the microphone nearly all hours of the day and night. He speaks mostly about the end times and current world events. As one would expect, many of his biblical references come from the books of Revelation, Daniel, Ezekiel, and other portions of scripture that deal with the end of the age.
He is the head of what can be best described as a commune in Walterboro, South Carolina. His followers have given up their worldly possessions to the ministry. They shun being in large cities, doctors, television, any church with a written doctrine, and debt. Brother Stair proclaims that he owns nothing, living only in very small cabin on his farm with his followers, turning over all money that is contributed to satellite and radio airtime. Brother Stair broadcasts 24 hours a day, not only on domestic shortwave carriers, but also many AM and international shortwave stations.
EWTN - Broadcasts 24 hours a day - live internet streams
For Catholic teachings one can always turn to the Eternal World Radio Television Network or EWTN. This network was founded a little over 26 years ago by Mother Angelica and is based out of Irondale, Alabama. What is interesting about the history of EWTN is that at its inception, Mother Angelica knew nothing about the technologies of radio and television. She had recently joined an order of nuns and felt a calling from God to reach out to the local community. Through speaking engagements, that initial calling gradually evolved into a video series. She nearly single handedly built the radio and television voice for the Catholic Church in America. Much of the programming that is heard on the shortwave bands mirrors that of their television programs.
Faith Holiness Program - Various Times - found on WWRB and possibly other stations - no website found
This show is broadcast on Thursday nights on WWRB and is also available on several other AM outlets. The program is hosted by Pastor Larry Cain of Faith Holiness Church located in South Carolina. The program starts off in a rather reserved manner, but as Pastor Cain preaches he works himself up into such a frenzy, that by the end of the program it is difficult to understand anything that he is saying.
This preacher has one up on Brother R. G. Stair, proclaiming that the computer and television is a "one eyed devil." He seems to practice what he preaches because no website seems to be available. At least Brother R. G. Stair seems to have a computer in his broadcast booth, since he will occasionally read e-mail from listeners.
Remnant of Yahweh Program - Various times - found on WWRB and possibly other stations
Another program following the style of "The Overcomer", with a slightly different view on church doctrine and biblical translations. Sometimes the line of thought provided by the host is often is difficult to comprehend. This particular host seems to think that name of Jesus was mistranslated from the original text of the bible. Therefore, all translations of the bible are wrong, including the King James Version. He offers a new translation which the listener can purchase and read. In addition, much of teaching is laced with anti-governmental tirades.
So power up your radio!
The shortwave radio bands are filled with all kinds of religious programs. There is a variety of content out there and you will be bound to hear teachings that you may agree with, or that severely conflict with your own beliefs. That is the nature of all media in this day and age. You may get lucky and latch on to a program that you enjoy listening to.
Religious shortwave broadcasting has become more widespread overseas as former dictatorial and communist propaganda machines have folded. Leaders and commercial start-ups in these areas have turned to religious broadcasters in the United States as a means to generate income from their power house shortwave stations that were built in the 70's and 80's. So go out and get yourself a receiver and tune in!