Bestselling Pool Chemicals & Water Testing Products in 2020
CLOROX Pool&Spa Shock Xtra Blue, 1-Pound 33030CLX
- Easy open, easy pour bottles
- Contains blue algae killing crystals
- Kills and prevents green, black and mustard algae
5 Way Swimming Pool Spa Water Chemical Testing Pack Kit with Blue Storage Kit
- Comes in a self-locking storage case
- Instructions and test chart included
CLOROX Pool&Spa 71025CLX My Pool Care Assistant, Blue
- Works with iPhone and android
- Instant, accurate customized test results
- Step-By-Step treatment instructions
Aqua Chek Aqua Chek Trutest Digital Reader
- No visual color matching
- Accurately reads Free Chlorine, Bromine, pH, and Total Alkalinity on test strips.Reads strips in only 15 seconds
- Lightweight and water resistant.Large easy-to-read LCD screen
- Test strip reader will only work with the TruTest Digital Test Strips (NP208) and appropriate timing for placing the strip on the read tray must be followed
- Requires 2 AA batteries (not included).
LaMotte ColorQ Pro 11 TesTabs Digital Pool & Spa Chemical Water Testing Kit
- Only 5 drops for each liquid reagent.
- No color matching, no look-up charts.
- Easy push-button control.
- Water-resistant housing.
- 5 minute auto-off function protects the battery life (2 AA batteries included).
Biopharm pH Calibration Solution Kit (2) 16oz (500 ml) Bottles pH 4 and pH 7 Buffer NIST Traceable Reference Standards for All pH Meters
- Color Coded for Easy Identification
- Individually Bagged 500 ml (16 oz) Poly Bottles
- Lot Numbered and Expiration Dated
- Free Certificate of Analysis and Traceability
- For Pharaceutical, Academic, Research and Industrial Uses
CLOROX Pool&Spa 70050CLX 6-Way Test Strips, White
- Scheduled maintenance guide
- Helpful product recommendations
- Solutions to common pool problems
hth Pool Test Kit 6-Way Test Strips (1174)
- The hth multi-purpose 6-way test strips will test for free available chlorine, bromine, pH, total alkalinity, total hardness and cyanuric acid stabilizer
- These are the readings that will help you keep your pool clean
- Contains 30 strips. Tests for free available chlorine, bromine, pH, total alkalinity, total hardness and cyanuric acid stabilizer FREE Water Analysis using the Test to Swim trade; Website/Station/App
U.S. Pool Supply 4-Way Swimming Pool & Spa Water Test Kit Strips, 50 Count - Testing Proper Chlorine, pH, Bromine and Alkalinity Chemical Levels
- 4-Way swimming pool and spa water test strips, 50 count easy store bottle
- Each 4 in 1 Strip Tests: Total Bromine, Free Chlorine, pH and Total Alkalinity
- The quick, easy and cost effective way to analyze chemical levels in a pools or spas water, to ensure that it is properly balanced and safe for use
- Simply dip a test strip into water for a few seconds, shake off excess water, then you're ready to take an instant and accurate chemical analysis
- Compare the test strips markings to the graduated measuring scale markings on the side of the container bottle to analyze chemical levels
Rite in the Rain Weatherproof Side Spiral Notebook, 8.5" x 11", Yellow Cover, Commerical Pool & Spa Maintenance Log (No. 425-MX)
- Repels water, sweat, grease, and mud
- Maintenance forms printed on wood-based recyclable paper
- Tough wire-o won't get bent out of shape
- Flexible polydura cover can take a beating
- Use a Pencil or all-weather pen (no gels or water-based inks)
U.K. Fire and Rescue Crew Hauls Horse from Swimming Pool
Mischief found himself in trouble this past weekend, horsing around. The 14-hand horse was trapped in a backyard swimming pool in the U.K. Apparently, Mischief the horse cannot walk on water. A dozen rescue workers hauled the horse from the pool.
Apparently, Mischief cannot walk on water.
Mischief had strayed from his own pasture and entered a neighbor's yard in Godshill. There, the dark brown New Forest Pony/Horse cross gelding fell through a bright blue plastic tarp and into the rectangular pool, where he found himself stuck and unable to climb out.
Trapped in the swimming pool, Mischief began to thrash around a bit, until a crew of a dozen firefighters from the Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service arrived to help him. The rescue workers accompanied by a local equine veterinarian, were able to lure the four-year-old equine into the shallow end of the pool.
Once sedated, Mischief could be rescued from the swimming pool.
With Mischief the pony/horse's owner standing by, Dr. Luke Gamble , of Pilgrims Veterinary Practice and Sky's Vet Adventures, sedated the equine, for Mischief's own protection and to keep the rescuers from accidental injury. This step is frequently taken as a safety measure in animal rescues, as officials pointed out on the scene.
"Any animal, small or large, that is trapped or in distress can be potentially dangerous," explained Jim Green, watch manager of the newly created animal rescue unit of the Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service. "It is important to try and keep the animal calm, keep humans away, and request the immediate assistance of the fire and rescue service's specialists to rescue the animal, rather than attempting to do so themselves."
Next, the rescuers fastened a harness on Mischief, using a winch and the strength of 12 men to lift the heavy wet pony/horse from the water and onto tarps on the backyard lawn near the swimming pool.
CTRL-click here to view a news video of the amazing rescue of Mischief the pony/horse from the Hampshire swimming pool (in a new internet window).
The pony/horse was unharmed by his watery ordeal, except that he bore a small cut on one leg. Mischief the pony/horse was able to stand and walk independently after he was rescued from the swimming pool. At last report, the pony/horse was grazing in his own pasture and seemingly staying out of - well - mischief.
Can horses swim?
Many horses actually do swim. Trail horses, in particular, can become adept swimmers, plunging into rivers and waters with riders aboard. Many equestrian training facilities offer swimming with horses as a bonding and exercise program, and equine veterinarians may prescribe swimming as a rehabilitative therapy for horses too.
Each July, scores of horse lovers gather in Virginia to watch the annual Chincoteague Wild Pony Swim , in which hundreds of wild equines swim together across a channel from Assateague to Chincoteague Island. Marguerite Henry's classic 1947 story, "Misty of Chincoteague," detailed this event.
However, a horse trapped in an icy swimming pool in winter, with a dangling blue tarpaulin nearby, is clearly in danger, as Mischief's ordeal proved.
What is the difference between a pony and a horse?
Mischief, the horse from the recent U.K. swimming pool rescue, is a cross between a pony and a horse. What is the difference? CTRL-click here to read "Horses and Ponies - What's the Difference?" in a new internet window.