Bestselling Patio Celling Light Fixture in 2020
Luxury Nautical Outdoor Ceiling Light, Small Size: 10.5"H x 11.5"W, with Art Deco Style Elements, Cage Design, High-End Black Silk Finish and Seeded Glass, UQL1034 by Urban Ambiance
- STYLE AND DESIGN INSPIRATION: Small in size and designed in a Nautical style, its globe design is both luxurious and modern. Located on the cold Scandinavian Peninsula, Oslo is known for its snowy and dark winters. With a history that stretches back to the days of Vikings, Oslo has always been a city of trade, requiring traders to push on through dark, stormy nights with laterns ligthing their way. This was our inspiration for the Oslo Collection.
- MATERIAL, FINISH AND WARRANTY: Made from high-purity steel-glass with our luxurious Black Silk finish. Superior workmanship backed by a 10 year electical components warranty and a 3 year finish warranty (original purchaser).
- DIMENSIONS: 10.5" H, 11.5" W, 11.5" D (see image gallery for dimensional drawing)
- BULBS, WATTAGE AND LIGHT DIRECTION: Requires one 100 Watt A19 Medium Base bulb (not included) producing warm ambient lighting
- INSTALLATION: Outdoor (wet locations approved) and ceiling mounted (installation hardware and instructions included)
Boston Harbor HV-66919-BK3L Porch Light Jelly Jar
- Boston Harbor black jelly jar porch light
- Jelly jar has a black finish with a clear glass shade
- Uses 60 watt maximum type A19 clear medium base bulb (sold separately)
Westinghouse 6312600 Albright One-Light Outdoor Pendant, Textured Black Finish with Amber Frosted and Clear Seeded Glass
- One-light pendant is perfect anywhere you desire attractive traditional outdoor lighting
- Textured black finish on weather-resistant steel with amber and clear seeded glass
- Uses one 60-watt medium-base light bulb (not included)
- 13-3/16 by 8-3/16 inches (H x W); 36 inch chain; 60 inch cord
- Includes installation instructions and mounting hardware, ETL/CETL listed for safety
Progress Lighting P5638-108 Traditional/Casual 1-100W Med Outdoor Ctc, Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Nautical design elements, such as a ship's Frame or a lighthouse on the shore
- Clear seeded glass
- Oil Rubbed Bronze finish
Solar Lights,URPOWER 20 LED Outdoor Solar Motion Sensor Lights ,Solar Powered Wireless Waterproof Exterior Security Wall Light for Patio,Deck,Yard,Garden,Path,Home,Driveway,Stairs,NO DIM MODE(4Pack)
- Fast & Easy Installation - Solar powered, easy to install,no wiring required; simply screw it onto the surface(Screws included) and easy to maintain with detachable solar panel and LED Lamp body to the supporting cover.
- Waterproof & Durable - Solid stainless steel construction for withstanding years of rain, snow, ice and wind / Includes a powerful 1000mAh 3.7V Li-ion rechargeable battery for up to 10 hours of illumination on a full charge.
- When motion is detected it provides brightness illumination for security and safety protection for your property.Great outdoor light for your garden, yard, aisle, porch, patio, or driveway etc..
- Powerful 20 LED Solar Outdoor light,intelligent energy saving with 2 working modes:On/off.Activates bright light when inside the 3 metre activation zone.
- The instant motion is detected, the lights turn on automatically. When the motion stops, the light stay on for approx 20 seconds.Kit includes one solar light,two screws and wall plugs, pin ( for On/Off switch),User Manual.
CANARM IOL207BK Atlanta Flush Mount
- Seeded Glass
- Outdoor light
- Features "Easy Connect"
Volume Lighting V7231-33 1-Light Outdoor Ceiling Mount, Brushed Nickel
- Brushed nickel finish
- traditional style
- LED Compatible
- Easy to install
- Metallic finish with brushing pattern
- Suitable for damp location
- UL listed for safety
Trans Globe Lighting 40582 RT Outdoor Benkert 5" Flushmount Lantern, Rust, 5-Inch
- Wagon wheel metal frame with Frosted Glass shade
- Matching energy efficient item available
- Multiple finish options to choose from
TOYM US American Village Industrial Wind Black Paint Iron Ceiling Mounts Creative Creative Retro Fan Aisle Ceiling Lamps (Color : Small)
- Material: iron.
- Product size: Small: diameter 48cm * height 25cm, large: diameter 55cm * height 25cm.
- Light source: E27 * 5 (light bulb is necessary, but not included), for incandescent, LED, energy saving lamps and other light source.
- This is just a fixture, and does not have the fan function.
Canarm IOL17BK The Outdoor 1-Bulb Flush Mount Exterior Light with Frosted Glass Globe, Black
- Black finish
- Flush mount
- 1 Bulb exterior fixture - Rated for wet locations
- Frosted Glass Globe
Design House 578518 Canterbury II LED Outdoor Ceiling Light, Black
- Clear beveled glass
- Integrated 22.5W LED lights; 1200 lumens
- Suitable for Damp locations
- Light is ETL listed
- 10 year warranty
Quoizel NY1794K Newbury 3-Light Outdoor Lantern, Mystic Black
- DIMENSIONS: 8" Height x 15.25" Length x 15.25" Width, Weight 7.2LBS
- LIGHTING: 3-40W Candelabra Base, Bulbs Not Supplied, 120 Total Watts
- MATERIAL: Brass, FINISH: Mystic Black
Livex Lighting 9045-13 1 Light Indoor Ceiling Mount, Textured White
- Transitional styled 1 light flush mount
- Finished in textured white
- Equippped with a one year limited warranty
- uses 1 (18w) 2G11 base bulb
- Ul rated for dry, damp, and wet locations.
How to Repair a Light Fixture
Repairing a light fixture is easier than you might think.
If you are replacing a fixture out of necessity, as I was, the first thing you need to do is located the breaker that provides electricity to the fixture that needs replaced. The sizzling sound that was being made inside my fixture led me to believe that a fire could break out before I had the opportunity to purchase a new fixture. Flip the breaker so that there is no current running to that portion of the house. This may require you complete your work with the aide of a flashlight, as most breakers service a particular area of the home and cutting power may result in several fixtures losing power. In my situaton, the kitchen and the dining room were both serviced by the same breaker. If you are replacing a fixture for asthetic reasons, you can wait until you are ready to make the repair before you cut the power.
I visited my local home improvement store and was amazed at the many different styles and designs for light fixtures. Being the penny pincher that I am, I chose the best deal I could find. A double pack fixture set with a wood base and a textured glass globe cover. It's look was appealing and it was the perfect size to go over my sink. I purchased the pack for $15.00 at Home Depot.
When making your purchase, you will need to pick up a few other small items to assit you in making the repair. Black electrical tape to use to wrap exposed wires. Plastic wire caps to cover the wire ends. A screw driver to unscrew the existing figure and secure the new fixture.
The great thing about electrical work is the standardization of wiring colors. Black is negative, red or white is "hot". That's standard in nearly every electrical project on which you would embark. The fixture you purchase will come equipped with all of the wiring that you will need to make the repair.
Before you begin your repair, be sure you are using a sturdy ladder to prevent tipping and falling. Double check the breaker to ensure that is no current flowing through the lines. Be sure you have all the necessary tools to complete your repair close at hand.
If your fixture has a cover or globe, you must remove the globe in order to begin your repair. Once your cover is removed, you will see one to two screws that secure your fixture to the ceiling. Carefully unscrew these screws. This will allow the fixture to hang from the attached wires from the ceiling. You will then see at least two sets of wires, secured with plastic caps. Keep note of the wire colors and which wires are secured together. Unscrew the caps to expose the wires. Often the wires are interwined to provide the strongest connection. Carefully seperate the wires. This will allow you to remove the old fixture completely.
To install the new fixture simply attach the wires from the new fixture to the wires that are now dangling from the ceiling. Use the plastic wire caps to secure the wires together. Use the electrical tape to ensure the wires are secure. Once all wires are secure, place the base of the fixture onto the ceiling. Use the screws provided with your fixture to attach the fixture to the ceiling. If your fixture is similar to the fixture you removed, you can use the holes that were originally drilled. If you have a completely different design you may be required to drill new holes to secure the new fixture.
Install a light bulb into the fixture. Each fixture will have a rating sticker. The rating sticker will instruct you on what type of bulb is recommended for your fixture. Be sure to follow the manufacturers guidelines. A bulb with a wattage too high can burn too hot and cause a fire hazzard.
Once you have secured the new fixture and installed your bulb, you can then flip the breaker to restore power to that portion of the house. Turn on your light switch to make sure it works. Doing this repair yourself can save you lots of money and give you the pride of knowing that you completed the task yourself!