Bestselling Optical Inspection Apparatus in 2020
Carson Optical Pro Series MagniVisor Deluxe Head-Worn LED Lighted Magnifier with 4 Different Lenses (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x) (CP-60)
- Ergonomically designed head mounted LED lighted adjustable magnifier
- Includes 4 precision cut interchangeable acrylic lenses with multiple magnifications (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x) | Lenses included with microfiber cleaning cloth and a protective case.
- Removable LED Lamp has a magnetic base that can be used as a free standing light source | Runs on 3 AAA batteries (not included)
- Lightweight and comfortable hands free head worn visor magnifier for everyday use | Great for hobbyists, arts and crafts, jewelry design, model building, reading, inspection and other low vision tasks.
- Adjustable headband features a quick release button allowing for smooth and easy adjustments for different head sizes | Backed by Carson's lifetime limited warranty
Ullman HTK-2LT Inspection Mirror - Rectangular Mechanics Mirror with 3 Rotating LEDs, Expandable Stick. Optical Inspection Tool
- Rotating LED: inspection light mirror is equipped with three LED bulbs in a rotating base that allows quick adjustments. The LED mirror is available with CR2032 batteries
- Telescopic Mirror: rectangular mirror features an all-angle ball joint that holds the mirror head firmly for the perfect viewing angle. The portable mirror weighs 5.6 oz. and can be easily carried to different places
- Utility Range: telescopic LED mirror ensures a quick inspection into automotive engines, machinery, and other concealed dark spaces. It enables toolmakers and mechanics to look for engine faults
- Durable Handle: Ullman inspection mirror has a strong yet lightweight stainless-steel handle for an accurate examination of automotive engine. Cushioned handle of the mirror telescope offers a non-slip grip to wet or oily hands
- Product Specifications: the LED inspection mirror is 3-1/2 in. long and 2-1/4 in. wide. The length of the mirror handle can be increased up to 30-1/4 in. for a perfect viewing angle
- Lighted head with three LED Lights that can be adjusted to needed angle for inspection in tight dark areas
- All-angle ball joint holds the lighted mirror head firmly for perfect viewing
- Stainless steel handle is long, strong, and lightweight for fast accurate inspection
- Cushion handle will not slip in wet or oily hands
- Comes with two CR2032 batteries
Carson LED Lighted Magnifold 2x Power Rectangular Magnifier For Reading, Inspection, Low Vision, Hobby and Crafts (MJ-50, MJ-50AMMU)"
- Multi-Pack: Includes 6 units of the LED Lighted MagniFold Magnifiers
- Rectangular acrylic lens is shaped for the way you naturally view things | Lens Diameter: 4.2 inch x 2.4 inch
- Collapsible handle locks into three different positions for comfortable use, including folding flush for easy storage
- Each magnifier measures five by three by one inch (W x H x D) with 4.45-ounce weight | Each Magnifier Runs on 3 G10 Button Cell Batteries (included)
- Backed by Carson's Limited Lifetime Warranty; For Reading, Inspection, Low Vision, Hobby and Crafts
Telescoping Lighted Inspection Mirror?Telescoping LED Lighted Flexible Inspection Mirror 360 Swivel
Telescopic inspection mirror, round lens can be rotated 360 degrees / 3 LED lights can also be rotated 360 degrees, freely adjust the direction of the LED lights, convenient and flexible viewing.
Retractable Round Inspection Mirror Telescoping Mirror Round Telescopic Mirror Tool Hand Tool with Handle for Mechanics Cars(50×600mm Grip Cover)
Dicfeos Vivid Orange 3X/45X Magnifying Glass with 3 LED Book Light, 75mm Anti-scratch Optical Grade Glass Lens, 4.1 Ounce Lightweight, Brings Fun for Kids and Elders
Brightech LightView PRO LED Magnifying Clamp Lamp - Daylight Bright Magnifier Lighted Lens – Dimmable with Adjustable Color Temperature Utility Light for Desk Table Task Craft or Workbench –Black
Daylight-Ultra Slim Magnifying Lamp XR 7-Inch, White
- Powerful 28w daylight tube with white crystal clear 7" xr lens (1.75x, 3 diopter)
- The xr technology makes the lens 50% lighter and extra resistant
- Self-tightening head joint for easiest positioning
- 2 Additional lenses available separately: Daylight U62001 XR Lens & U62002 Swing Arm XR Lens
- Replacement bulb: 28w daylight u12000 energy saving circular tube
Carson BugView Quick-Release Bug Catching Tool and Magnifier for Children and Adults
- The BugView is a One-Handed Bug Catching Tool
- Its thumb operated trapping slider makes it easy to catch the fastest specimens in a safe and humane fashion
- Simply catch a bug, then view. After you're done examining, release
- The BugView contains a 5x Power Crystal Clear Acrylic Lens to examine the finest details
- Product Dimensions: 8.25 Inch x 2.75 Inch x 2.1 Inch | Backed by Carson's Limited Lifetime Warranty
Inspection Mirror Heavy Duty, Telescoping Pole 4 ft - 12 ft, 8 in x 10 in Mirror, Lightweight Durable
- Extend A Vue Inspection Mirrors Inspection Mirror Telescoping Extend A Vue Heavy Duty, 4'-12', 8x10" Mirror Size
Brightech Lightview Pro LED Lighted XL Magnifying Glass - 2 in 1 Magnifier Lamp Converts from Floor Standing to Table Light - 2.25x Magnification Bright Reading, Craft & Task Lighting - White
MagniPros LED Illuminated Headband Magnifier Visor with Bonus Cleaning Cloth and 5 Detachable Lenses 1X, 1.5X, 2X, 2.5X 3.5X - (Upgraded Version) Hands-Free Head Worn Lighted Magnifying Glass
How to Do a Wash Test to Determine the Value of Your Soil
A soil wash test will tell you a great deal about your soil and its value. The nutritional value of your garden soil is difficult to determine by visual inspection alone.
When you guess what is in your soil without testing first you usually guess wrong. The only true way to be sure about your soil's value is to make a wash test. Light sandy soils are the easiest to test. They generally contain little clay. Heavier soils with higher clay content are harder to test because of the strong electrical attraction developed by the acid clay particles for lime. There are some alkaline clay soils, but most are acid. The bond between the clay and lime in the soil can be broken by adding two tablespoons of ordinary nitrate of soda fertilizer to the test.
To do a wash test to determine the value of your soil; take a clean, clear half gallon size container and fill it halfway up with water. Add a half a cup of your garden soil to the jar. Screw the lid on tightly and swirl the water around in the container rapidly for approximately one minute. Let everything settle and repeat this process several times. Afterwards allow the container to stand until the water clears. Clay particles are very fine and may take up to a week to settle.
When the water has cleared and settled, the various sized particles contained within in the soil will settle in layers according to their density. On the very top will be the clay particles and on the bottom you will see sand, fine gravel, and other larger bits of mineral. Between each layer will be silt. Organic matter will make up less than 5 percent of the volume of most soils. No mixture of clay, sand, and silt can be called real soil unless it contains some organic matter.
The organic mater will not be very conspicuous in the wash test results because at best, it makes up less the 5% of the volume of most soils. However, it is extremely important to the overall mix of the soil because of the two crucial rules it plays in the plants development. First it acts as an absorbent, allowing the plants to soak in the nitrogen, phosphorus, potash, and other nutrients. Second it provides a home for the billions of microorganism that exist in the soil.
Soil is alive. In order for your garden to thrive it is important to add and maintain its organic matter as they are vital to the proper feeding of the plants. Adding fertilizer alone is not sufficient. Actually adding fertilizer to soil that is missing organic matter is a waste. One of the best ways to add organic matter to soil is the addition of a healthy compost mixture.The water test separates the soils components, allowing you to determine its make up. Once you are aware of the ratio of clay, sand, gravel, minerals, and silt in your soil, you can determine what you need to do to make the soil suitable for the gardening purpose you intend. Adding fertilizer to the soil is one way to improve the value of your soil. Adding top soil is another alternative that will add benefit to the soil and make it more adaptable. However, the addition of organic matter will elevate the soils value and enhance its properties far better than either of these two methods.
Let it Rot!: The Gardener's Guide to Composting by Stu Campbell