Bestselling Music Recording Equipment in 2020
PreSonus AudioBox Studio with Headphones, Microphone, Mic Cable, USB Cable, and StudioOne Artist Software (Download)
- The PreSonus Audio Box Studio package comes with everything you need to record on your computer!
- Includes AudioBox USB Interface w/cable, Studio One software, M7 microphone, and HD7 headphones
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal mixer
- 1/3U rack-mountable
ZINGYOU Condenser Microphone Bundle, BM-800 Mic Kit with Adjustable Mic Suspension Scissor Arm, Shock Mount and Double-layer Pop Filter for Studio Recording & Brocasting (BM-800 Microphone Bundle)
BEHRINGER iS202 Professional IPad Docking Station with Audio Video and Midi Connectivity Black
Presonus AudioBox iTwo Studio with HD7 Headphones, M7 Mic, S1 Artist, Pop Filter, and Mic Stand
- Bus-powered USB 2.0/iPad audio interface
- 24-bit resolution; 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Compatible with almost all recording software for Mac, Windows, and iPad
- 2 microphone inputs with low-noise, high-headroom, Class A mic preamplifiers and +48V
- 2 switchable line/instrument inputs
Monoprice Microphone Stand, Black, Desktop Adjustable (602650)
- Includes all assembly and mounting hardware | Branding/Logo on Product May Differ
- Dual clamp mount attaches to mic stands or booms up to 1.25" diameter.
- Features a standard 3/8" microphone threaded mount and includes a 3/8" to 5/8" thread adapter
- Measures about 17.3" x 15.4" x 5.5" when folded for storage
- Acoustic foam front and vented metal back plate. The two outer panels can be folded inward for storage or for creating a tighter acoustic isolation chamber.
[Upgraded] DuaFire Cell Phone Microphone Stand with Pop Filter Mask, Adjustable 360° Swivel Holder
Neewer NW-700 Professional Studio Broadcasting Recording Condenser Microphone & NW-35 Adjustable Recording Microphone Suspension Scissor Arm Stand with Shock Mount and Mounting Clamp Kit
- The Set Includes: (1) Condenser Microphone, (1)Adjustable Suspension Scissor Arm Stand, (1)Table Mounting Clamp, (1)Metal Shock Mount, (1)Pop Filter, (1)Ball-type Anti-wind Foam Cap, (1)3.5mm Male to XLR Female Cable. NOTE: Sound Card, 48V Phantom Power, 1/4" to XLR Cable & XLR to XLR Cable are needed to purchase additionally; If you want better sound effect, a sound card should be used; Please use a extra 48V phantom power adapter to connect it (phantom power adapter is not included)
- The professional condenser microphone adopts the completely new audio circuit. Capture rich, full-bodied sound from sources that are directly in front of the mic. The cardioid pick-up pattern minimizes background noise and isolates the main sound source.
- The adjustable scissor arm stand is made out of all steel construction, sturdy and durable. Folding type, convenient to carry. Can be mounted on the announcers' table. The double-braced arms add strength. Your microphone is held safely on this scissor arm microphone clip.
- The microphone wind screen pop filter mask shield can ensure that your tracks are audible and easy to understand.And also it will make sure your message loud and clear, and banish the dreaded hissing and lisping sounds.
- The metal shock mount features an angle adjustment with locking knob and can effectively reduce handling noise. The ball-type anti-wind foam cap can protect microphone against wind interference and singers' spit.
Pyle USB MIDI Controller Board - Mini Portable Workstation Equipment w/ 9 Faders, Knobs, & DJ Transport Buttons - Control DAW Software Kit for Laptop Electronic Music Recording Production - PMIDIPD30
- SIMPLE MIDI MAPPING: 9 knobs, 9 sliders, 11 assignable buttons and 6 DJ Transport Buttons, 1 X/Y fader slider and can be MIDI mapped to control CC or program change messages to any parameter or function to record in your favorite DAW
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: A single cable connects the mini controller kit to the USB port of any Mac or PC laptop computer or desktop PC. No extra power adapter necessary! Works with all professional Digital Audio Workstation software like Logic, Ableton Live, Pro tools or GarageBand
- PERFECT FOR ELECTRONIC MUSICIANS: Compact board surface features LED light transport control allowing you to quickly play, rewind, fast forward, loop, stop and record all without hunting for settings in your DAW. Master your music by ear - adjust volume and mix virtual sound parameters more fluidly from the 9 sliders and rotary knobs
- 4 PRESET BANKS: Change the portable production hardware preset bank directly from the controller and switch to entirely different mapping scheme. Mixing system package allows you to quickly change instruments during live performance. Great desk equipment accessories for any recording studio musical station
- INCLUDES MIDI EDITOR SOFTWARE: Download and install the programmable software to your Windows or Mac and make advanced edits to the global midi channel, switch between toggle and switch mode, or change CC value for both on and off
Tascam DP-008EX Digital Portastudio Multitrack Recorder
- 8-track Portable Multi-track Recorder
- CD-Quality Recording (44.1kHz/16-bit)
- Built-in High-quality Stereo Condenser Microphone
- Two XLR mic/line with +48V Phantom Power
- 2G SD Card and AA Batteries Included
Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII | 25-Key Portable USB MIDI Keyboard With 16 Backlit Performance-Ready Pads, 8-Assignable Q-Link Knobs & A 4-Way Thumbstick
Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface and Recording Bundle with Pro Tools | First
TONOR Pro Condenser Microphone XLR to 3.5mm Podcasting Studio Recording Condenser Microphone Kit Computer Mics with 48V Phantom Power Supply
TKGOU Recording Microphone, Plug And Play 3.5mm Microphone Sets With Tripod Stand & Pop Filter Recording microphone for computer/iphone/latop,Great For Youtube,Facebook,Gaming- MC6B
A Guide to Microphones for Computer Recording
This article provides a guide to different microphones for recording music on your computer. There are many options, and this covers a lot of the choices focused towards the budget conscious musician.
What will you be recording?
Recordings could be as simple as a solo keyboard or electric guitar or as complicated as a full band. If you are planning on recording an instrument like acoustic guitar or vocals, you will likely need to invest in a decent microphone. There are different types of microphone, mainly categorized as either dynamic or condenser. For things like voice or acoustic guitar, condenser mics are much preferred because they capture more of the complete sound of a room. However, dynamic microphones may be more versatile and don't require phantom power to operate. Phantom power is a voltage that needs to be supplied by a pre-amp for some microphones to work.
However, for those who want to invest for far superior quality, there are several options. Firstly, there are microphones specialized for computer recording that plug right into your computer's usb port. Before buying these, it's important to check their compatibility with whatever recording program you're using. A list of available usb microphones is available through a great online music store called Musician's Friend. From experience, I will vouch for the MXL 990 usb microphone as a great relatively inexpensive usb condenser microphone, at $99.95. The great thing about this mic is that it come with a little stand and a sturdy case. The sound quality is great, and from my experience it's pretty reliable. The MXL 990 can be purchased from Musician's Friend. If you're on a tight budget, Nady makes a usb mic that only costs $31.95. It too can be purchased from Musician's Friend.
If you need your microphone to be very versatile, you may want to invest in a dynamic microphone. These can be great for micing things like guitar amps or drums. A great, fairly cheap dynamic mic is the Shure SM57. It is considered to be "the industry standard" and is a great general-use workhorse microphone. They cost about $99 new, but they are so popular that it is fairly easy to find a used one for cheaper. Another great feature of the Shure SM57 is it's solid build. It's a very sturdy mic that can survive a few drops or kicks. If you want a cheaper option, Behringer makes some incredibly inexpensive microphones that only cost about $25 each. These might be good if you are on a tight budget but your project requires lots of microphones. Quality wise, they are not up to par with Shure, and are built with more questionable quality.
Condenser mics as previously mentioned are great for recording things like vocals and acoustic guitar, and can really capture the richness of sound you experience when you're playing live. Condenser mics can run up over $8000, but there are several affordable options as well. For an affordable option, MXL makes a version of the 990 (as previously mentioned) without usb capability. This mic only costs $70, making it a great coice for someone on a budget. For a step up in quality, Studio Projects makes a fantastic condenser mic called the B3. It retails for under $150 and sounds very good. More info on tis quality mic can be found at Studio Project's website.
Built-in Computer Mics
Some computers come with basic microphones, but generally the quality of these is very poor and they are apt to clip or distort easily when you are recording. If you're really desperate and just want to use the little mic that came with your computer, you can cover it with a sock. As strange as this sounds, it prevents some of the clipping problems that are commonly found when recording with these mics. With this method you can get some rough recordings down.
Lastly, it's important to make sure the mic you buy will work with your recording set-up. Condenser mics will likely also require a pre-amp with phantom power, so it's important to consider these costs as well when purchasing a mic. Good luck and enjoy your next recording project!