Bestselling Music MIDI & Mixers in 2022
Novation Launchpad Ableton Live Controller with 64 RGB Backlit Pads (8x8 Grid)
- Integrate immediately and seamlessly with Ableton Live, without any setup whatsoever. If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 9.2 or greater to work with Launchpad.
- 64 RGB pads light up to match the color of your clips in Live; see at a glance what's loaded, playing, and recording
- Bright, colorful pads make the unit stand out just from USB power - when you're on stage or creating an exciting Launchpad light show video for YouTube
- Use the grid to play drums and samples with pads pre-mapped to Ableton Lives drum rack; start and stop loops, arm tracks, and control volumes, pans and sends
- Launchpad Arcade is an interactive demo that you can use with or without your Launchpad for immediate playability, right out of the box; NOTE: Refer the User Manual before use;
Hercules DJControl Compact
- The most complete and portable DJ controller; "On the go" DJ companion; Measures only 13.4" x 3.9" and weighs less than 1.23 pounds; Fits very easily into a bag or laptop shoulder bag; USB bus-powered (detachable USB cable included)
- Ergonomics that adapt perfectly to your laptop; All of the essential Djing functionality in an ultra-portable design; Two-deck DJ controller; 2 jog wheels, 2.95" in diameter; Mixer controls in the center, individual deck controls on the left and right
- 4 modes (Loop, Fx, Samples, Cue) per deck; 4 pads per deck; 2 equalization potentiometers per deck; 1 volume potentiometer per deck; 1.77" crossfader; 10 control buttons including a SHIFT command allowing you to double all the pad controls
- The essentials of the mix at your fingertips; Scratch as naturally as with a vinyl record with the help of the jog wheels; The jog wheels also control the Pitch and navigation within the tracks
- Highly intuitive features to create Loops, add effects and launch samples thanks to the unrivalled feel of the pads; Includes DJUCED 18 DJ software; Powerful and intuitive software; Mix two audio tracks on the fly; Save your mixes as audio files
Reloop Keypad Compact USB MIDI Keyboard with DAW Control and Drum Pads
- Compact USB Midi Keyboard with DAW control and drum pads
- 16 velocity-sensitive drum pads with backlit LEDs
- 25 mini keys with 9 playable octaves
- 8 channel faders with endless encoders, including 2 control knobs (send, return) and 3 backlit function buttons (mute, solo, rec)
- Full integration and easy plug-and-play for Ableton Live 9
Novation Launch Control Portable USB Midi Contoller with 16 Assignable Knobs and Eight Pads
- The perfect partner for Novation Launchpad
- Use Launch Control with your iPod to control major music software
- Up to 448 controls
- Tough, compact and bus powered
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite and Loop masters sample pack; 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects
Music Habits - The Mental Game of Electronic Music Production: Finish Songs Fast, Beat Procrastination and Find Your Creative Flow
Allen & Heath GS2-R24 24-Channel Studio Recording Mixer with MIDI Control
- Studio recording mixer with 24 mic/line input pre-amps
- 24 channels of 4 band EQ with fully parametric mids
- 2 dual stereo inputs with EQ, 2 additional valve inputs
- 6 auxes, 4 subgroups, main stereo plus Mono bus
- PFL, AFL plus Solo in Place
Stagelight: Ultimate Edition - Audio and Midi DAW [Download]
Yamaha AG03 3-Channel Mixer / 1 Microphone
- Multi-purpose 3-channel mixer and high resolution (24-bit 192 kHz) 2-track audio recording /playback computer interface (MAC or PC).
- Flexible LOOPBACK feature - perfect for live recording or webcasting.
- Easy control and pro sound with 1-TOUCH COMP/EQ, EFFECT and AMP SIM processing.
- iPad (2 or later) connectivity via Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (requires external USB power supply)
- Includes Cubase Al (downloadable version) recording/midi-sequencing software.
- Drum Machine, Multi Track Sequencer and Mixer with up to 24 Tracks
- Real-Time Sample Modulation with full Motion Sequencing/Automation Support
- 3 chainable Effect Units, 2 Sum Effect Units, 2 Insert Effect Units per Track, 45 Effect Types
- WAV File Export: 8/16/24/32bit, up to 96kHz, mono/stereo, User Sample Support (load your own samples): 8-64bit uncompressed WAV or AIF
- Ableton Link integration / Full round-trip MIDI integration (IN/OUT), Android 4.2+: USB (host), Android 6+: USB (host+peripheral) + Bluetooth (host)
Behringer Cmd Mm1 4-Channel Mixer-Based MIDI Module with Built-in 4-Port Powered USB Hub
- 4-channel mixer style DJ MIDI controller
- Full-size 60mm channel faders and 45mm crossfader for a professional fee
- High quality 4-port powered multi-TT USB hub for connecting other controllers
- MIDI-reactive buttons and LED peak metering to keep your eyes from the computer screen
- Class-compliant MIDI protocol enables plug-and-play with any MIDI software
Allen & Heath XONE:DB2 4-Channel Digital DJ Mixer with Effects and MIDI
- 4-Channel professional digital DJ mixer with FX and MIDI
- More than 50 studio-quality FX presets divided into 5 FX types
- Expression and Wet/Dry controls for everything from subtle FX washes to total transformation
- Individual FX variations can be further modified via the rotary controls under the screen
- Highly visible OLED display
HDE USB to MIDI Interface Cable Keyboard Synthesizer Drum Pad Instrument MIDI 5 Pin Adapter for Windows PCs
- Turn your Windows PC into a personal music studio | USB to MIDI interface cable allows you to hook up supported devices to your computer
- Easy to install adapter features MIDI in and out cables along with USB PC interface plug | Please Note: Some setups will require both MIDI plugs to be plugged in for use
- MIDI adapter cable supports up to sixteen channels in and sixteen channels out | Adapter features LED power, in and out indicator lights
- Please Note: Cable supports Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (32 bit versions only) | Cable is not Mac compatible and does not support classic Mac operating systems, OSX or macOS
- Package Contents: 1x USB to Midi Interface Cable, 1x Instruction Sheet | Cable is not compatible with 64 bit versions of Windows
M-Audio X-Session Pro DJ Midi Mixer Controller
- Includes Torq LE software - mix two songs with independent control of speed and pitch automatic beat-detection and synchronization for effortless beat-matching full-featured mixer with 3-band EQ, headphone cueing and crossfader 3 audio effects for each song - filter, phaser and strobe supports standard MP3, AIFF, WAV, WMA, Apple Lossless and AAC files searchable music database integrates with your existing iTunes Library record your mixes directly to audio files for podcasting or burning to C
- System Requirements - Windows XP (SP2 or later), Pentium III 500 MHz (higher speed CPU may be necessary for laptops), 256MB RAM, Mac OS X 10.3.9/10.4.7 or later, Macintosh G3 600 / G4 667MHz (higher speed CPU may be necessary for laptops)
Researchers Create Program that Can Convert MIDI File to Cartoon Piano Player
Researchers have created a computer program that can take a midi file and create from it an animated cartoon of a character accurately playing the song on the piano.
In new research that may not seem that astounding upon first hearing, but upon further thought, really becomes sort of mind rattling, a team of researchers from the University of California have developed an algorithm that when paired with a computer animation program can convert a MIDI music file into an animated cartoon with the character in it actually playing the song correctly on a cartoon piano. It's a truly brilliant bit of math and science, so much so the paper the team has written on their efforts appears in this month's Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds. NewScientist (with video) calls it a virtuoso cartoon pianist.
To understand just how deeply challenging the effort was, imagine for just a moment listening to a person playing a piano, then asking yourself, if all you had to go on was the sheet music, how would you program a computer to correctly identify not just which note is to be played and when, that's the easy part, but which finger should press that key. There are after all, seemingly an infinite number of ways a person could play a song. Take for example the simple melody to the song Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It could be played with just one finger moving among the keys, or it could be played with two, or three, four or five on up to ten, which is the limit of course because we only have ten digits.
The team didn't simply add a chart that told the cartoon which fingers to use and when, or when to cross over hands or which to switch to when needed to perform a trill, for example, that would have been cheating because they wanted their cartoon character to be able to play any piano piece, without anything more than a midi file.
To make that happen, NewScientist says, the researchers added features to their algorithm that took into account both where the keys are on a piano, and how the human body works. Their thinking is that over the long history of the evolution of piano playing, people have generally moved towards using the fingers and hand positions that are the easiest to reach; why make it harder than it has to be. To that end, they created subroutines that calculate the optimal, or easiest fingers and position for each stage of the song, which in most cases, boils down to notes and chords. From there, they sort of spun computer magic to weave it all together in a way that is seamless. And the end result, is nothing short of amazing.