Bestselling MIDI Keyboards & Equipment in 2021
Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII | 25-Key Portable USB MIDI Keyboard With 16 Backlit Performance-Ready Pads, 8-Assignable Q-Link Knobs & A 4-Way Thumbstick
Pyle USB MIDI Keyboard Controller - 25 Key Portable Audio Recording Workstation Equipment - Hardware Buttons Control Any DAW Software for Laptop Computer Electronic Music Production - PMIDIKB10
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: A single cable connects the mini travel size piano to the USB port of any Mac or PC laptop computer or desktop PC. No extra power adapter necessary! Great desk equipment accessories for any recording studio musical station
- SIMPLE MIDI MAPPING: Assign the synth surface rotary knob or set the keys to CC mode and MIDI map control change messages to any parameter or function to record in your favorite DAW. Compatible with all digital audio workstation software like Logic, Ableton Live, Pro tools or GarageBand for professional electronic music production
- 25 VELOCITY SENSITIVE KEYS: MIDI 25 velocity sensitive keys are pressure sensitive to bring large or small sound dynamics to your performance. Change nano controller hardware station between 3 velocity curve settings or set to constant velocity
- LED LIGHT OCTAVE AND KEY SELECTION BUTTONS: Quickly change the synthesizer key or the octave range of the key board without adjusting your software. Choose octave up or octave down and enjoy a full range on this black compact portable keyboard with 2 assignable buttons
- INCLUDES MIDI EDITOR SOFTWARE: Download and install the programmable software kit to your Windows or Mac and make advanced edits to the global MIDI channel - switch between toggle and switch mode, or change CC value for both on and off
Akai Professional LPK25 Wireless | 25 Mini-Key Bluetooth MIDI Keyboard for iOS, PC, Mac with Sustain Pedal Input
- Portable keyboard MIDI controller with Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity
- Powered by (3) AA batteries for up to 12 hours use or via USB connection
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and iOS and available music-making apps
- Includes Octave Up/Down buttons, Arpeggiator mode, and Sustain Pedal input
- Compatible with Akai Professional LPD8 Wireless drum pad controller
USB MIDI Controller Drum Pad - Mini Portable Beat Maker Workstation Equipment w/ 12 Drum Pads, DJ Fader Slider & Transport Buttons - Control any DAW Software Kit for Laptop Recording - Pyle PMIDIPD20
- SIMPLE MIDI MAPPING: MIDI beat maker board includes 12 drum pads, 2 Assignable Buttons, 6 DJ Transport Buttons, 1 X/Y fader slider and can be MIDI mapped to control CC or program change messages to any parameter or function to record in your favorite DAW
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: A single cable connects the mini controller kit to the USB port of any Mac or PC laptop computer or desktop PC. No extra power adapter necessary! Compatible with all professional digital audio workstation software like Logic, Ableton Live, Pro tools or GarageBand
- 12 VELOCITY SENSITIVE DRUM PADS: Portable production hardware features 12 velocity sensitive pads are pressure sensitive to bring big or small volume dynamics to your music. Assign them to a single or multiple electronic instruments and control each different sound independently
- 4 PRESET BANKS: Change the preset bank directly from the compact controller surface and switch to entirely different mapping scheme. This will allow you to quickly change instruments during live performance. Great desk equipment accessories for any recording studio musical station
- INCLUDES MIDI EDITOR SOFTWARE: Download and install the programmable software to your Windows or Mac and make advanced edits to the global MIDI channel, switch between toggle and switch mode, or change CC value for both on and off
Pyle USB MIDI Keyboard Controller - Portable Recording Equipment Kit w/ 25 Synth Piano Keys, 8 Drum Beat Pads, 16 DJ Fader Knobs - Mini Hardware Buttons Control Any Electronic Music DAW
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: A single cable connects the white mini travel size piano to the USB port of any Mac or PC laptop computer or desktop PC. No extra power adapter necessary! Synthesizer is compatible with all professional Digital Audio Workstation production software with like Logic, Ableton Live, Pro tools or GarageBand.
- MULTI FUNCTION CONTROLLER: 25 keys and 8 drum beat maker pads (with 2 preset banks) are velocity sensitive for small big volume dynamics. Change key or octave of the portable keyboard using the LED buttons to enjoy a full range of control from this compact device.
- PERFECT FOR ELECTRONIC MUSICIANS: Don't let software get in the way of your mixing workflow. Use the simple mix board to record and master music naturally by ear by quickly adjusting and fine tuning DAW system sound parameters more fluidly using the 16 assignable DJ fader rotary knobs.
- PITCH BEND/ MOD SLIDER/ FOOT PEDAL CONNECTION: Add some spice to your set using these extras! Sustain foot pedal is not included. Great desk equipment accessories for any virtual recording studio musical station!
- INCLUDES MIDI EDITOR SOFTWARE: Download and install the programmable software kit to your Windows or Mac and make advanced edits to the synth surface global MIDI channel - switch between toggle and switch mode, or change CC value for both on and off.
- This unit has some software updates since its initial release and it is recommended to run the firmware updates to allow seamless integration with newer operating systems and applications
USB IN-OUT MIDI Cable Converter, LiDiVi Professional Piano Keyboard to PC/Laptop/Mac MIDI Adapter Cord for Home Music Studio - 6.5Ft
M-Audio Keystation 61 II | 61-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with Pitch-Bend & Modulation Wheels
- 61 full-size, synth-action velocity-sensitive keys
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels provide dynamic performance capabilities
- Transport controls let you control your DAW without reaching for the mouse
- 6.3mm (1/4-inch) sustain pedal input for expressive performance
- Now Includes Pro Tools | First and Eleven Lite for all new and existing customers, as well as SONiVOX Eighty-Eight Ensemble
Akai Professional LPK25 | 25-Key Ultra-Portable USB MIDI Keyboard Controller for Laptops
- 25-key USB MIDI keyboard controller gives you expressive performance with computer-based digital audio workstations, sequencers, and more
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard keys are highly portable; writing sessions, capturing ideas and studio use with nearly all music creation software
- Built-in arpeggiator provides melodic inspiration and versatile patterns for modern music production
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC; no driver installation required. Perfect for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One, Reaper, Digital Performer, Ableton, etc
- USB-powered; no additional power cable needed
- Sustain button, octave up and down, and tap tempo controls ensure your ideas translate from head to hardware
- Includes editing software for Mac and PC; easily customize the keyboards' MIDI commands to fit your workflow
Casio LK-175 61-Key Lighted Keyboard with Power Supply
- Sound EFX Sampler
- 400 tones
- 150 rhythms
- 110 built-in songs
Ultimate Support Ultimate Multi-Purpose Laptop/DJ Stand Alone Base (JSLPT200)
- Multi-purpose stand: laptop, lighting, drum or MIDI controller, small mixer, CD player, DJ equipment, etc.
- Vented accessory platform included to hold hard drives, USB hubs, audio interfaces, and more
- Five height positions
- Three width positions
- Weight Capacity: 20 lbs.
Casio MIDI Cable for Musical Keyboards
- Connect to your PC to compose, print music, or just learn how to play keyboard
- Connects your sound card to external MIDI devices through the card's 15-pin joystick/MIDI port
- 15-pin sound card port; 15-pin joystick port
- 5-pin MIDI out, 5-pin MIDI in
- Works with most Casio keyboards
Worlde Panda MINI Portable 25 Keys USB MIDI Keyboard MIDI Controller with Drum Pad
- 😉 8 Trigger Pads with velocity and assignable to controllers, with 3 velocity curve and one constant velocity.
- 😉 25 keys with velocity assignable to controllers, with 3 velocity curve and one constant velocity
- 😉 4 assignable control knobs, 4 assignable control sliders, 4 banks for different settings
- 😉 USB interface, adaptable to USB 2.0(FULL SPEED). Power supplied by USB.
- 😉 Compatible with Win XP/Vista and Mac OSX. Drive free and hot-plug supported.
Korg nanoPAD2 Slim-Line USB MIDI Pads - Black
- Low-profile pad controller - excellent for playing or entering drum data
- Sixteen solid, responsive, and velocity-sensitive trigger pads
- Control multiple MIDI parameters via the X-Y Touchpad
Review of Roland EP-70 Digital Piano and Midi Keyboard
Here's my review of Roland's EP-70 keyboard, both as a standalone device and as a MIDI controller.
The Roland EP-70 feels like, well, an electric piano. The keys are weighted, but not realistically when compared to a real piano. Still, it plays fairly well and easily, and beginning keyboardists especially will find a lot to like. Since the keys are velocity sensitive, you won't lose the dynamics of your playing. Replace the included damper pedal, as it feels too boxy, and you'll feel quite at home. Stereo spacing of different keys add to the realism.
The most important part of buying a digital piano is the voice selection (at least, for most players). The EP-70 has two piano voices as well as a "Brightness" button that changes the tone of each a bit; the piano voices are very realistic, and although the discerning listener will hear the difference between this digital piano and a real piano, it's very close, and perfect for live performances. The other voices range from cool to gimmicky; the electric piano is a very good Rhodes imitation, the strings are good for some circumstances, and the harpsichord is as silly and unnecessary as a harpsichord voice ever is. The organ voice is fun, but for some reason Roland decided to make it velocity sensitive, so that hitting the keys hard triggers a leslie speaker sound on the organ, which isn't very cool or useful. By using the MIDI ports, you can expand the functionality of the Roland EP-70 and add new voices.
As a MIDI controller, by the way, the EP-70 is great. I tried it with Fruity Loops, a popular music editing program, and found it responsive and accurate. Touch sensitivity and pedal actions transfer over without additional setup, as does the transpose feature. Since the EP-70 is a full size keyboard, it may actually be a bit much for the home producer, but for pianists looking to control a MIDI voice, it's an outstanding choice.
Despite a few minor issues, the Roland EP-70 is a trustworthy, high quality keyboard for a very decent price. Hobbyists should give it a shot, and professionals that aren't too bothered by the unrealistically weighted keys will find a lot to enjoy, as well.
Do you own the Roland EP-70? Share your thoughts in our comments section below.