Bestselling Men's Costume Headwear in 2021
Rubie's Men's Native American Headdress, Multi, One Size
- Native American feather headdress costume accessory
- Patterned headband with green and orange upright feathers
- One size fits most adults
- Pair with additional native American accessories and costumes by rubie's for added fun
- Rubie's offers holiday and novelty costumes and accessories in sizes and styles for the entire family
Caribbean Pirate Hat Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)
- This item is a great value!
- 1 per package
- Pirate party item
- Hats - Novelty for festive occasions
- High Quality
Amscan St. Patrick's Day Feathered Top Hat Headband | Party Accessory
- Feathered; 11" x 10"
Nicky Bigs Novelties Pewter Medieval Knight Helmet Costume Headwear Accessory
- Front of helmet flips up with hinges on side
- Approximately 23" around inside of helmet. Helmet is 9" tall
- Made of sturdy plastic with realistic metal apearance pewter colored paint
- Ready for play battle, cosplay, Halloween costume, or pretend play dress-up
- Medieval Crusader Knight Helmet With Folding Face Mask For Adult Or Kids
White Rabbit Hat Costume Accessory
- One size fits most adults.
- Approximately 22 1/4 circumference around inside of hat
- Bendable rabbit ears are approximately 11 tall
- Lined hat for a more secure fit
- Ideal for Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland and other great costumes!
Colonel Pickles Novelties Derby Hat - Bowler Hat – Black For Men Women Boys and Girls Vintage Costumes
Amscan Black Head Bopper with Rainbow Pom Pom , Multicolor, One Size
- Plastic headband & yarn pom pom
- Measures 9" H X 4.25" W
- Takes the wackiness of your costume to the next level with this pom pom headbopper
- Complement any costume with this rainbow pom pom headbopper
Polyester Christmas Caroler Top Hat, One Size, Black
- Adult black velvety top hat
- Trimmed with a holiday plaid ribbon and holly berry accent
- One size with approx. 24" hat circumference
- Ideal for a holiday party, Christmas play, carolling
Juvale Umbrella Hat Waterproof Hands Free Umbrella Rain Hat Multi-Colored- 20.25 inches
- ELASTIC: This Rainbow umbrella is ideal for keeping the sun off your face. Open it by pressing the white plastic button. Also, this umbrella hat has a handy, non-detachable elastic head strap for effortlessly securing onto your head
- COLORFUL: Comes with a nice Blue, Green, Red and Yellow pattern. Makes for a cute accessory for dress-up parties or get-togethers
- USEFUL: Effective for working outdoors, gardening chores, yard tasks or as just a parody hat
- OUTDOORS: Ideal for camping, hiking, cycling and a whole host of other outdoor activities!
- DIMENSIONS: Diameter: 20.25 inches; Height: 12.5 inches
Red Fez Hat - Turkish Hats in Felt with Gold Tassel by Funny Party Hats
- This Classic Gold Tasseled Red Fez is a Versatile Party Hat
- This Felt Fez Hat is a Perfect Costume Accessory for Aladdin or a Moroccan Man
- Dress Up Your Monkey with Cymbals, Become a Middle Eastern Adventurer, or Don Circus Threads with this Red Hat!
- Top Off Your Look at Halloween or Costume Events with This Red Fez
- One Size Fits Most Up to 8" Diameter. Crown Measures 4" High
JIUSY 3D Skeleton Lycra Masks Scary Skull Balaclavas Ghost Headwear Cosply Costume Halloween Party Ski Full Face Mask
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Unique pattern design, very cool and excellent workmanship.
- MATERIAL: High elastic Lycra thin mask; It's quick-dry, ice cool, soft, ultra light weight and breathable good feel very comfortable to wear.
- DIGITAL PRINTING: This is a great accessory made from high quality digital heat transfer printing technology, indelible color resistant, without crack or wrinkle.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: Can be worn on its own or under any kind of helmet or hat. Ideal for outdoors, Halloween party, skiing, riding snowmobile, snowboarding, motorcycling, cycling, running, trekking, mountain climbing, hunting, hiking, fishing & biking etc?.
- SIZE: One size perfect fits most. Designed for women and men. Note: Eyes are black mesh material. It will be cool, but it will affect the line of sight. If you don't like it, you can cut it off.
Rittle Bengal Tiger Animal Hat, Realistic Plush Costume Headwear One Size
- Furry Tiger Hat is perfect for Halloween, theatrical productions, sporting events & parties of all kinds
- Soft, realistic, beautiful plush-fur
- Handmade and sewn to capture each animal's most distinct and recognizable features
- One size fits most adults, teens & older kids (Loose on little ones)
- Elastic band sewn in each animal hat for a comfortable fit
Forum Novelties Men's Costume Spanish Hat, Black, One Size
- Flat brimmed round costume hat
- Adjustable braided chin strap
- Perfect for zorro, western villain or political protest outfits
- One size fits most teens and adults
- From funny to frightening, forum novelties has it all
An Introduction to the Coif: Medieval Headwear
The coif was a ubiquitous white skullcap worn throughout the Middle Ages.
Almost everyone has seen a coif (also called a biggin) before, even if they didn't know what it was. A coif is the little linen skullcap seen predominantly on peasant men in medieval artwork. Some pictures can be seen here. The coif, however, was a staple of medieval dress for both men and women. Pictures of women in coifs are rarer because women usually wore their coifs under some form of hood or headdress. The coif served several purposes. First of all, it kept one's hair out of the way while one was working. Secondly, it provided warmth. For this reason it could be worn both during the day and at night. Thirdly, in an age when bathing was not a frequent occurrence, the coif kept hair oils off of more elaborate hoods and headdresses. The coif was usually washable, while the hoods, which were made of finer fabrics, were not.
There were slight differences between the men's and women's coifs. The men's coif fitted closely to the head. The women's coif, on the other hand, had a slight poof at the back. This was important because in the Middle Ages, all women had long hair. The appropriate hairstyle for the period would have been to braid one's hair then put the braid in a circle on the back of one's head. In the middle ages, this was done by "sewing" a ribbon around the braid and catching the hair next to the scalp. Today, it is much easier to use bobby pins for this hairstyle, especially if it will be hidden under a coif anyhow. The back of the women's coif had a drawstring that could be pulled as tightly as needed to accommodate the woman's hair. The ends were then tied back to each other at the back of the neck.
There has been some dispute as to the construction of the coif among re-enactors. Many drawings from the medieval ages seem to show the coif as being made from two or three pieces of fabric. However, all the surviving example are made from only one piece. The coif could also be made with or without a chin strap. Some re-enactors have had difficulty keeping a one-piece coif without a chin strap on while working. My own experience has been that, when the drawstring of the women's coif is tied, it pulls the front of the coif tightly enough in front of the ears that it stays on quite well. The coif can also be kept on more securely using bobby pins if necessary.
Coifs were traditionally made out of linen, silk, or wool. A silk coif might or might not be lined. Coifs were almost always white or off-white, although on very rare occasions a wealthy woman might own a colored coif. Coifs were often beautifully and ornately embroidered and edged with white, black, or metallic lace along the front. Most of the coifs surviving today were embroidered. This is largely because the finer pieces of clothing from any period are the ones that get preserved. Among the common folk, clothing was reused until the fabric dissolved. Examples of embroidered coifs can be seen here. These examples are all one piece coifs that are laid flat, not sewn and gathered as they would be when they were worn.
As you can see, the coif was a ubiquitous garment and is a must for anyone trying to accurately recreate the wardrobe of the middle ages. Although styles changed very slightly over time, the coif was worn for an exceedingly long time period by people from all walks of life.