Bestselling Literature & Fiction in Italian in 2020
Italian: Short Stories for Beginners + Italian Audio: Improve your reading and listening skills in Italian. Learn Italian with Stories (Italian Short Stories Book 1)
- Penguin Group USA
Short Stories in Italian: New Penguin Parallel Text (Italian Edition)
- Penguin Books
Racconti sotto le stelle: Volume I (Italian Edition)
Christmas in the Barn
In the Shadow of No Towers
- Factory sealed DVD
My Brilliant Friend: Neapolitan Novels, Book One
- Book One of the Neapolitan Novels
Beneath a Scarlet Sky: A Novel
Mantra Lingua BOOIT What Shall We Do with Boo Hoo Baby, Italian and English Book, 9.65" H, 0.12" W, 9.06" L (English and Italian Edition)
- Enhance communication with children in a variety of languages
- Support children's home language and connect with families
- Increase awareness of diverse cultures and world languages
- Mantra Lingua programs help make learning fun for children while assisting teachers and parents to communicate with each other in non-native languages
- Sold as an each
Magnetic Poetry - Italian Kit - Words for Refrigerator - Write Poems and Letters on the Fridge - Made in the USA
- Developed by bilingual fans of Magnetic Poetry and comes with a mini-translation guide.
- CONTAINS - over 500 magnetic word tiles in a cute, colorful, giftable 4.5 x 6.5 inch box. Rearrange the words to write poems, messages to your roommates, or generative esoteric word art masterpieces whose meaning is lost even to you. Magnetic Poetry is both a creative writing aid, and just a really fun and limitless toy. They're not just fridge words, you can write an ode on your commode, an elegy on your doorknob, a haiku on your car hood, or a novelette on your omelette maker.
- MIX AND MATCH WITH OTHER KITS - Tile height is 0.375 Inches, compatible with nearly all other Magnetic Poetry sets. With dozens of other themed kits, the possibilities are endless. You can mix and match to create custom combinations, and custom gift ideas. Magnet words make a great dorm room accessory, or locker decoration. They're also a perfect gift for poetry lovers, or a gift for writers of any kind, and as a graduation present, you can't go wrong.
- MADE IN THE USA - Magnetic Poetry sets are made in America, are nontoxic, and comply with all American and international safety guidelines and regulations. Magnetic Poetry is the inventor of the magnetic word tile, and we're still a small US company that takes great pride in every set we make. Read more about our company in the product description below.
- OVER 100 DIFFERENT SETS - Please click on the Magnetic Poetry brand name below the title of this page to browse other sets made by us.
The Other Shore
This Charming Man: A Novel
Short Story Review: "The Story of Your Life" by Ted Chiang
A science fiction story about communication with aliens told in a second person future narration.
The reason for this strange narration is not simply because the author wanted to show off in this story though, instead it actually makes quite a lot of sense once you get into the story.
The basic story is of a woman who is telling a story to her child. The main part of the story is that she was hired to help open communication with an alien species who had arrived on earth. At first the government simply wants her to tell them how to do it but she insists that it will not work that way. She is not able to simply figure out the alien language from watching them on tv anymore than they could learn our language. There will be no commonality and so it will require action.
Shortly after beginning to communicate with them she decides that it will be useful to also see their written language and this is the first real hint of just how different they think. The language uses a picture form but it also seems to be readable in any direction.
Things become even more strange when they begin to discuss science. The most basic things seem nearly impossible for them to understand while extremely complex science is easy to understand.
The key to understanding why is that soon they discover that the parts of science which are easy for use with things like velocity are those that look at effects over time while those easy for them do not. What this eventually makes them understand is that these creatures do not think of time the way we do. Things happen to them all at the same time more or less and she begins to understand their language better the same begins to become true of her which is how the story makes sense in a different perspective as she is talking to someone who has only just began to exist and yet who she knows entirely.