Bestselling Knitting Looms & Boards in 2023
Authentic Knitting Board Afghan Loom
- Easy knitting
- Knit up to 60" wide in one piece
- Step by step instructions
Authentic Knitting Board Ergonomic Knit Hook
- Easy comfort grip
- Metal hook with large plastic handle
- No stress on your wrists
Authentic Knitting Board Rotating Double Loom, Off White
- Patented' rotating base
- Elevated loom
- Stay in once spot while knitting
- Double knit and single knit
- Snap together parts
Authentic Knitting Board Premium Round Loom Set, 3/8" Gauge
- Premium Quality
- 80 peg, 72 peg and 64 peg
- Stay in/secure pegs
LONG KNITTING LOOM SET -4 DIFFERENT LOOMS W/ HOOK AND NEEDLE
- Set Of 4 Long Looms With Hook, Needle, Instruction X-Large, Large, Medium, Small, X-Large-22 1/2" x 2", large-18" x 2", medium-13" x 2", small-9 1/2" x 2"
- Nice, portable colorful plastic, sturdy, with well molded pegs, no sharp edges, all the pegs are continuous with no starting or stopping point.
- Use for summer vacation, rainy day, road trip projects, for kids,great gift for Grandmas with arthritis, the easiest way to make baby blankets, shawls, headbands, and infinity scarves is by using the long loom. If even you cannot knit, you will make hats or scarves in no time at all.
- Small loom has 26 pegs 1/2" apart, Med loom has 38 pegs 1/2" apart, Large loom has 50 pegs 1/2" apart, XL loom has 62 pegs 1/2" apart. There is one pattern included with the instructions, check Pinterest for many other ideas.
- Makes the art of knitting very easy to learn for young and old, it's very easy and fast to learn. It is the best tool for those who are just beginning to learn how to knit
Authentic Knitting Board Loom Double Hooks, Purple/Orange
- Faster knitting
- Great for SM and LG gauge looms
- Ergonomic handle
Authentic Knitting Board His and Her Sock Looms, Purple/Orange
- 2) Sock looms
- Stationary looms
- Easy to knit socks
- Secure/stay put pegs
The Gallery London Large Pink Serenity Loom Knitting Board & Video Tutorial DVD
- LARGE KNITTING LOOM & BOARD 147 + 147 extra pegs - 64cms long for bulky, thick or fine knitting yarn
- SERENITY LOOM SHAPE to make thick wool blanket patterns, wonderful afgahan blanket and sweaters, easier than knitting needles
- FLEXIBLE & LIGHTWEIGHT this knifty Knitting Loom Kit is easy to hold and fits on the lap. Great for arthritis sufferers.
- EXTRA TOOLS including Hook, straw. This is an extra peg loom and it comes with clear instructions
- DVD VIDEO TUTORIALS & KNITTING Ebook- SEE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION BELOW FOR LIST OF TUTORIALS ON DVD
Authentic Knitting Board KB6500 Zippy Loom, 5.25 by 3", Yellow
- Knits up in minutes
- Use super bulky, ruffle or boucle style yarn
- No knitting experience
- Everyone can knit
- This is an aftermarket of generic part
KB Sock Loom Adjustable Wood Knitting Board Kit w/DVD
- 9" x 3" Beechwood Sock Loom
- Metal grooved pins - 3/8" spacing
- Completely adjustable - make baby socks to men's socks sizes
- Uses any sock yarn (not included)
- Includes: Instructions, Knit Hook, How To DVD
NEW 55" Wide Afghan Loom Knitting Board Weave Loom Kit with Instructions and 3 Projects . Blue
- Knits up to 55" (140cm) wide in one piece !!
- This is a high grade plastic loom with 138 pegs.
- It only measures 10" x 24" as it is in a 'S' shape which makes it easy to hold
Authentic Knitting Board All-n-One Loom, 18-Inch
- Completely adjustable up to 106 pegs
- Made of 100% hardwood with plastic pegs
- Make scarves, shawls, hats, baby items, socks, and lots more
- No experience needed
- Great for beginners
Authentic Knitting Board KB Zippy Master Set, 7" X 15", Yellow
- Great for hats, scarves, cowls, and shawls
- Kit includes (4) zippy (4) corners and (10) Connectors
- Knit super fast with zippy loom
- Modular zippy parts with easy connection
Knitting Without Needles
You can make handmade items even if you don't know how to knit or crochet, by using Knitting Looms.
Many people enjoy creating items with knitting looms. Provo craft makes a set of four circular looms called The Knifty Knitter. Each circular loom is a different size, and the set comes with Instructions and a tool that has a hook on the end of it. Provo craft also makes rectangular and oval shaped looms in different sizes.
I know how to knit, and crochet, but I enjoy making items on the Knifty Knitter as well. Some people feel they can make a hat faster on the Knifty Knitter then they can with regular knitting needles. Those who like to make hats to donate for charities will find the Knifty Knitter, especially helpful, as you're able to make hats quickly with the looms.
As a former knitting instructor, some of my students had difficulty learning how to knit with knitting needles. But they didn't have any problem, using the Knifty Knitter.
It's simply a matter of wrapping the yarn around the pegs. There are different stitches that can be used. You can wrap each peg a different amount of times, to achieve different looks. The hook is used to bring the loops on the bottom row or rows up and over the loop or loops on the following rows. You continue in this way, first wrapping the pegs, then using the hook to create the stitch.
Another peg is perpendicular to the pegs on the loom. That tells you where the beginning and end of the circle is. You also use this peg, to anchor your yarn when you're ready to use the hook.
You're not just limited to making hats on the Knifty Knitter. You can make socks, slippers, toys and many other items as well. Not only can you make tube shaped items on the circular looms, such as hats, but you can work back and forth on the circular looms to make a flat rectangular piece. Then you can make a scarf, or make several rectangular pieces that you can later join together as an afghan. You can also use different stitches, that create a whole new look for your item on the oval and rectangular looms that Provo Craft makes.
The Knifty Knitter does not distinguish between right handed and left handed people. Whereas many lefties, have to learn how to knit right handed, and there are not as many products available that are designed for use with the left hand.
Kids can make things on the Knifty Knitter like cell phone cases, or backpacks. Many elderly who may have been very skilled at knitting or crocheting, may have found they have to give up these crafts, if they suffer from arthritis and have difficulty holding a crochet hook or knitting needles. They won't have that kind of problem by using the looms to create their items.
Many designers have come up with ways that the stitches on the looms look very similar to the stitches you would get from knitting with knitting needles. There are knitting loom groups on line, that you can join. Some people have displayed pictures or videos showing what the next step in any stitch might be. Provo Craft has pictures and text that includes how to increase or decrease on the Knifty Knitter looms.
There are many free patterns available for the Knifty Knitter at www.ProvoCraft.com as well as inexpensive instruction booklets. www.KnittingPatternCentral.com also has an extensive page of Knitted Loom items. Many of the knitting magazines are also starting to feature patterns for items that can be made with the looms.
So far, I've made hats, scarves, a shawl, slippers, and other items with the looms. I've also made a cool furry shaggy spider, a variety of small pumpkins for Halloween, a Snowman to help bring in the winter season. I've even made a colorful stuffed toy octopus, by combining techniques, from the Knifty Knitter, crocheting, and knitting. I made him a small pail and shovel with needlepoint on plastic canvas.
You can buy the set of looms at the Major Arts and Crafts Stores, if Provo Craft doesn't sell it directly from their web site. Whether you know how to knit, or crochet, or whether you don't, you'll find using the Knifty Knitter, to be fun, and easy. With the wide variety of different yarns available today, the possibilities for your hand made design creations are endless.