Bestselling Kid's Oral Hygiene Products in 2022
Hello Oral Care Kids Fluoride Free and SLS Free Toothpaste, Natural Watermelon, 4.2 Ounce
Philips Sonicare for Kids Bluetooth Connected Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, HX6321/02
- Interactive free app educates and gets kids excited abour brushing. Exciting rewards for successful brushing sessions.
- 91% of dental professional parents prefer Sonicare for Kids for their own children. Speed - Up to 62000 brush movement/min
- 98% of parents say it`s easier to get kids to brush longer and better
- Patented sonic technology with 500 strokes per second. 75% more effective than manual toothbrushes in hard to reach areas for better check-ups guaranteed.
- KidTimer helps ensure 2minute recommended brushing time, and KidPacer alerts the child to move to the next quadrant of the mouth to ensure a thorough cleaning
Philips Sonicare for Kids replacement toothbrush heads, HX6032/94, 2-pk Compact
- Genuine Philips Sonicare rechargeable electric toothbrush head
- Compatible with Philips Sonicare for Kids. High-amplitude brush movements maximize sonic motion
- #1 Recommended power toothbrush brand by Dental Professionals
- Kid-sized compact brush heads fit your child's mouth. Soft bristles for a gentle brushing
- Removes significantly more plaque in hard-to-reach areas than a children's manual toothbrush
- Material brush head : BPA-Free
Oral-B Kids Battery Powered Electric Toothbrush Featuring Disney STAR WARS with Extra Soft Bristles, for Children and Toddlers age 3+
- Rotating Power Head reaches, surrounds, and thoroughly cleans multiple surfaces while raised center-row bristles help clean chewing surfaces. Battery Operated (Best with Polaroid AA Batteries)
- Extra-soft bristles clean as gently as a soft manual brush
- Kids brush 100% longer with the Disney Magic Timer by Oral-B
- Use with Crest Kid's Toothpaste featuring Disney's STAR WARS characters
- Characters and color may vary: Orders may receive Yoda (Color: Green), Darth Vader (Color: Red), or Stormtrooper (Color: Red)
"Construction Zone" Dump Truck Inspired 4pc Bright Smile Oral Hygiene Set! Flashing Lights Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Brushing Timer & Mouthwash Rise Cup! Plus Bonus "Remember to Brush"
This Manual Toothbrush for Kids Sings "Old MacDonald' Tune & Teaches Children Healthy Oral Hygene-Assorted
Baltic Amber Teething Necklace For Babies (Unisex) (Cognac) - Anti Flammatory, Drooling & Teething Pain Reduce Properties - Natural Certificated Oval Baltic Jewelry with the Highest Quality Guaranteed
- Anti-inflammatory & Succinic Acid Immune System Boosting Properties. 100% Made Of Real Baltic Amber.
- Perfect for Teething Relief, Drooling & Fussiness Reduce. Also help for Colic & Gas Relief.
- Safety knotted (Amber Bead), Hand Crafted with the Highest Quality Standard on the Market.
- 32-33cm Long - 1 year Guarantee. Fast Support, buy with confidence!
- Must have product when new born child & toddlers begin teething.
Tom's of Maine Anticavity Fluoride Children's Toothpaste, Silly Strawberry, 4.2 Ounce, 3 Count
- Taste kids love - naturally derived ingredients parents love! Our natural children's toothpaste uses calcium and silica to gently clean teeth, without sparkles or artificially sweet flavors
- Natural fruit flavor kids love
- No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
- No animal ingredients and no animal testing
Oral-B Vitality Floss Action Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush (Packaging May Vary)
- Removes more plaque and cleans better than a regular manual toothbrush.
Brush Buddies Kid's Hygiene Kit
- Our kid's hygiene kit comes with everything kids need to keep their smiles clean and healthy
- Prepackaged in a convenient zippered carry pouch
- Assorted designs and colors ages 2 to 8
Plackers Kids Dental Floss Picks, 75 Count (Pack of 4)
- Super Tuffloss, the world's strongest dental floss is engineered to never shred, break, or even stretch so your children can count on a consistent and reliable experience each and every use
- High-Performance Super Tuffloss easily slides between your children's teeth to remove unwanted and unsightly food debris
- Unique and colorful dual grip handles are very comfortable and fun for children of all ages to use; great for building good dental hygiene habits from a very young age
- Fruit Smoothie Swirl flavor with fluoride leaves your children's mouths and gums feeling clean and tasty after they glide the flosser picks between their teeth, great when you're on the go without a toothbrush
- Disclaimer: Please note, the package you receive may not reflect the images on this site, as updated packaging will only be distributed once former packaging is out of stock. Regardless of the container, the quantity and quality of the product you purchase from Amazon.com will be the same.
Baby Buddy Baby's First Toothbrush, Blue
- Stage 4 of a 6-Stage Oral Care System which grows with your child from birth to age 12 to help develop a love of brushing and good oral habits
- Baby's 1st toothbrush teether is child controlled and great for teething! Innovative H-Shaped, 6 sided brush gently cleans and massages upper and lower teeth and gums simultaneously
- Easy, for home and on-the-go! 100% FDA approved food grade silicone and BPA free toothbrush works with water to help remove sugars and bacteria from the mouth
- May be chilled in the freezer and easily cleaned in sterilizer or dishwasher
- Kids love Baby's 1st Toothbrush and moms approve!
Dentek Kids Fun Flossers with Advanced Fluoride Coating | Removes Food & Plaque | Wild Fruit Flavored Floss Picks | 75 Count | Pack of 6
- A fun-shaped dental floss pick made just for kids
- Easy-to-grasp handle makes dental care fun for both kids and parents
- Flosser heads specifically designed for kids oral care
- Multi-filament scrubbing floss cleans kids teeth
- Wild fruit flavored dental floss is a taste kids will love
- Advanced Fluoride Coating
Oral Health and the Down Syndrome Child
With more than 350,000 individuals suffering from Down Syndrome in the United States, parents must pay close attention to the oral health issues which impact DS children. This is an overview.
Periodontal disease is a dental term used to coin complications associated with the gums. For most Down syndrome children, periodontal disease does not involve cavities of the teeth, but, instead, lead to complications of the gums when, if not treated, can lead to loss of teeth. While the cause and origin of periodontal disease, in Down syndrome children, is not clearly defined, it is believed a combination of factors plays a key role. Of these co morbid factors are the compromised immune system of a Down syndrome child, leading to an overgrowth of bacteria, coupled with the improper brushing and flossing of the Down syndrome child's teeth.
In an effort to prevent the development of periodontal disease in the Down syndrome child, parents should seek out routine dental care for the Down syndrome child at greater frequencies than that of non-Down syndrome children. Beyond a high frequency of dental care, Down syndrome children should be assisted with brushing and flossing teeth regularly by the parent or caretaker as, failure to do so may result in the Down syndrome child, with limited dexterity, failing to thoroughly clean the teeth and gums. Beyond brushing and flossing the teeth, the Down syndrome child should be educated in the use of proper mouth washes which will boost the bacteria fighting within the oral cavity.
For Down syndrome children, suffering from periodontal disease, aggressive pursuit of dental care should begin as early as six years of age as this is when gingivitis begins to become more proliferate. Because Down syndrome children experience varying degrees of tooth structure and spacing, it is not uncommon for the oral hygienist to recommend treatments such as scaling and root planning. Root planning is crucial due to the Down syndrome child's general tendency to exhibit teeth with shortened roots.
Of additional concern, when caring for a Down syndrome child, is the application of orthodontics. While orthodontics may be required to assist in movement of the Down syndrome child's teeth to aid in speech and nutritional intake, it is the short roots of the teeth which may suffer greatly when orthodontics are applied to the Down syndrome child. For this reason, parents who seek out orthodontic appliances and treatment for a Down syndrome child, should consult with an oral hygiene specialist who is well versed in the care and dynamics of the oral anatomy of the Down syndrome child.
As parents, caring for a Down syndrome child with periodontal disease, the greater frequency in dental care and oral hygiene can, oftentimes, become quite frustrating and fatiguing, especially in terms of the financial implications. However, without proper oral hygiene and treatment, the Down syndrome child may suffer greater consequences in loss of teeth due to poor oral health.
For more information regarding oral hygiene in Down syndrome children, visit www.ndss.org.