Bestselling Indoor Safety Gates in 2020
Safety 1st Pressure Mount Lift, Lock and Swing Gate, Fits Spaces between 28" and 42" Wide
- Hardware or pressure mount
- One hand, top release handle
- 28" - 42" wide, 26" high
- The minimum opening is 30 inches in hardware mount,swing mode
- Note-opening beneath installed gate is 1 to 2 inch from floor. Only install hardware into stair posts, door frames or wood studs behind wall
Regalo 192-Inch Super Wide Adjustable Baby Gate and Play Yard, 4-In-1, Bonus Kit, Includes 4 Pack of Wall Mounts
Regalo Easy Step 39-Inch Extra Wide Baby Gate, Bonus Kit, Includes 6-Inch Extension Kit, 4 Pack Pressure Mount Kit and 4 Pack Wall Mount Kit
- EXTRA WIDE: Expands to stairways and openings between 29-39 inches wide. Stands 30 inches tall. Please note, this gate will not fit an opening between 34-35 inches. An additional 4 inch extension is needed(sold separately)
- With extensions at max the gate can accommodate a 60 inch opening
- ADJUSTABLE: Includes a 6-inch wide extension kit. Perfect for doorway, hallway and bottom of stair use. Gate can quickly be removed out of the opening for easy storage
- DURABLE AND CONVENIENT: The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door
- SAFETY: Includes safety-lock feature and wall mounts for added security. Perfect for children 6-24 months. Great for PETS TOO
Regalo 58-Inch Extra WideSpan Walk Through Baby Gate, Bonus Kit, Includes 6-Inch, 8-Inch and 12-Inch Extension and 4 Pack of Wall Mounts
- EXTRA WIDE: Expands to stairways and openings between 29-58 inches wide. Stands 30 inches tall.Note: Kindy refer the user manual before usage of the product.
- EASY TO USE: Pressure mount design that is quick to set up. No tools required and is gentle on walls
- ADJUSTABLE: Includes a 6-inch, 8-inch and 12-inch wide extension kit. Perfect for doorway, hallway and bottom of stair use. Gate can quickly be removed out of the opening for easy storage.
- DURABLE AND CONVENIENT: The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door
- SAFETY: Designed with safety-lock, meets all safety standard. Hardware mount for added security. Perfect for children 6-24 months. Great for PETS TOO
Evenflo Position and Lock Tall Pressure Mount Wood Gate
- This classic pressure-mounted gate is easy to install, and provides protection for your loved ones without damaging your walls
- Plastic mesh baby gate expands to provide a secure fit for baby falling down
- The gate expands from 31- 50 inches
- It pressure-mounts in any doorway without hardware, and its durable, nontoxic finish keeps the gate clean and easy to operate
- Dimensions: 50.00 W x 2.50 L x 32.00 H Inches
- The Position & Lock gate is ideal for use at the bottom of stairs, hallways, and most standard-width doorways.
Regalo Easy Step Extra Tall Walk Thru Gate, Includes 6-Inch Extension Kit, 4 Pack of Pressure Mount Kit and 4 Pack of Wall Mount Kit
- EXTRA TALL: Stands 41 Inches Tall. Expands to fit openings between 29-38.5 inches wide. Note-this gate will not fit an opening between 34 to 35 inch. An additional 4 inch extension is needed. The gap in the door is normal. Once you have properly placed the gate into your opening and secured the spindle rods the gap will close and the door will operate correctly
- EASY TO USE: Pressure mount design that is quick to set up. No tools required and is gentle on walls.
- ADJUSTABLE: Includes a 6-inch wide extension kit. Perfect for doorway, hallway and bottom of stair use. Gate can quickly be removed out of the opening for easy storage.
- DURABLE AND CONVENIENT: The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door.
- SAFETY: Includes safety-lock feature and wall mounts for added security. Perfect for children 6-36 months. Great for PETS TOO!
4 Pack Baby Gates Wall Cups, Safety Wall Bumpers Guard Fit for Bottom of Gates, Doorway, Stairs, Baseboard, Work with Dog Pet Child Kid Pressure Mounted Gates
Safety 1st Easy Install Extra Tall and Wide Baby Gate with Pressure Mount Fastening
- This Safety 1st baby gate is designed to provide additional height protection and is great for homes with babies and pets. It can be adjusted to fit wide doorways and openings ranging from 29 to 47 inches wide.
- Pressure-mounted installation requires no tools, drilling, or hardware and allows for setting up this extra-wide baby gate quickly and easily in doors or pass-through areas.
- The SecureTech pressure indicator tells you at a glance when the gate's pressure needs adjusting for extra safety.
- Easily create a safe space for children in your home or when visiting family and friends by using this 36-inch-high adjustable baby gate in doorways, hallways, staircases, and more.
- Includes one pressure-mounted baby gate.
- JPMA-certified baby gate meets ASTM standards for safety and includes a one-year limited warranty.
- Safety 1st believes parenting should have fewer worries and more joyful moments so you enjoy every "first" your child experiences.
Summer Infant Multi-Use Deco Extra Tall Walk-Thru Baby Gate, Bronze
- Pressure mounted installation for use between rooms with optional hardware mounts included for installation on stairways
- 36" tall gate fits openings 28.5"-45" wide
- Dual locking, auto-close walk through door
- Removable door stopper for use at top of stairs, prevents gate from opening towards staircase
- Hardware is included for extra secure mounting at top of stairs, or pressure mount for a secure installation that doesn't leave marks on walls
Regalo Home Accents 43-Inch Extra Wide Walk Thru Baby Gate, Includes Décor Hardwood, 6-Inch Extension Kit, 4-Inch Extension Kit, 4 Pack of Pressure Mount Kit and 4 Pack of Wall Mount Kit
Regalo Home Accents Extra Tall and Wide Walk Thru Baby Gate, Includes Décor Hardwood, 6-Inch Extension Kit, 4-Inch Extension Kit, 4 Pack of Pressure Mount Kit and 4 Pack of Wall Mount Kit
Animals Favorite Pet Retractable Safety Gate, Indoor and Outdoor Protection (Safety Gate)
- Pet safety enclosure perfect for doorways, between walls, or stairwells, indoors and outdoors
- Flexible - Unique woven barrier that easily retracts to fully or partially quick pass-through
- Built with tough woven mesh fabric woven to withstand abuse from pets
- Light and Easy - Lightweight quality material, easy to use and assembly.
- Safety Gate Size: 45.3" W x 32.5" H
Safety Innovations No Hole Stairway Baby Gate Mounting Kit - Works With Square Or Round Top Posts - No Adhesives On Your Posts - No Screws In Your Posts Ever
- NO HOLES IN YOUR POSTS EVER - No Matter If Your Posts Are Square At The Top Or Round You Never Have To Put Screws Into Your Post
- SOLID CLAMPS WITH METAL BOLTS - No Inexpensive Plastic Straps Here - USED BY PROFESSIONAL CHILDPROOFERS EVERYWHERE
- WHAT SIZE POST Will IT FIT? - The Kit Fits Posts That Are At Least 2 3/4" Wide And No More Than 3 5/8" Inches Wide. Please Measure Your Post Before Ordering! - HOW MANY KITS WILL I NEED? - One Kit Is Required For Each Post You Are Attaching Your Gate To
- WHAT IS INCLUDED? - The Kit Includes 1- 36" Wood Strip, 2 Square Clams, 2 Wood Inserts For Clamps, 1 Set Round Adapters, 4 Bolts, 1 Set Of Interlocking Shims, 2 Finish Washers, 2 - 1 1/2" Screws, 2 - 1 3/4" Screws And Instructions. The Screws Listed Are For Attaching The Wood Rail To The Clamps. No Screws Go Into Your Post!
- HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT INSTALLATION? - Full Instructions Are Included In Our Images
First Year Baby Safety Tips
This article gives tips on how to keep babies 0 - 12 months safe.
Depending on the age of the baby, there will be specific safety tips that you need to keep in mind. If a baby is 0 - 6 months, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1.Do not put your baby in bed with you to sleep. Although it is tempting, especially if you are breastfeeding, it is very easy to fall asleep. There have been incidences in which a grown-up has rolled over on the baby during the night and suffocated the infant.
2.Do not prop your baby's bottle. Not only does this lead to ear infections in infants, it is very easy for a baby to strangle.
3.Be careful how you lay your baby in his crib. There is a bit of controversy in this regard. According to Parenting.iVillage.com, Laying a baby on his stomach has been linked to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Laying a baby on his stomach and back is believed by some to make it easier for a baby to strangle if he spits up. Talk to your pediatrician about this to see what his recommendations are.
4.Always keep an eye on your baby if sleeping on a bed or anything he could roll off of. Babies grow and develop so quickly. Even if your baby cannot yet roll or crawl, babies do move in their sleep, stretching and scooting.
5.Make sure your floor is clear and clean of any debris. Babies will put anything in their mouths and they can easily get choked.
If your baby is 6 months to a year old, here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
1.Keep electrical cords and tablecloths out of reach. Babies are more mobile at this age. They will pull on anything they see dangling. A good idea is to actually get on your hands and knees and crawl through your home. Look at things the way your baby would. If you see something that he can pull on and get hurt, remove it or fix it so the baby cannot reach it.
2.Cover electrical sockets. Babies are a curious bunch. If they see an open electrical socket, they will try and put something in it. Sometimes they will try and plug something in the way they see mommy and daddy doing. The result can be fatal. Invest in some electrical socket covers.
3.Keep cabinets locked with child safety locks. This will make the cabinets still easily accessible to you but near impossible for your baby to get into.
4.Pay attention to using any baby equipment you have properly. When using infant car seats, swings, high chairs or any other apparatus, make sure you strap your baby in. It only takes a moment for your baby to fall and get serious hurt or killed.
5.Make sure you place a baby gate in areas near stairways. This will lessen the likelihood of your baby tumbling down the steps.
6.Keep all cleaning supplies and medications locked up. All of these look attractive to a curious baby and all of them can be lethal if ingested.
7.Keep your floors clear and clean of any debris. Babies are prone to put things into their mouths from the time they begin to crawl.
By being mindful of these safety tips, you can ensure that you will have a positive experience with you baby. Just remember that the safety of your baby is in your hands.