Bestselling Horse Hip & Joint Care in 2020
Ramard 079003 Total Joint Care Performance Supplement for Horses, 1.21 lb/30 Day
- A highly-beneficial synergistic blend of the most powerful joint care products available
- May reduce inflammation associated with everyday exercise
- May reduce discomfort and stiffness associated with everyday exercise
- Supports the entire joint; synovial fluid cartilage soft tissue tendons and ligaments
NaturVet ArthriSoothe-GOLD Advanced Joint Formula for Horses, 32 oz Liquid, Made in USA
- Advanced joint formula recommended to support healthy joint function and help alleviate aches and discomfort associated with daily exercise.
- Contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Hyaluronic Acid and MSM to help support the structural integrity of joints and connective tissues. Also contains important antioxidants to help protect against free radicals that cause cellular damage.
- Liquid 32oz for use in all classes of horses. Shake well before each use, recommended to double the suggested daily amount the first three weeks.
- Active Ingredients per 1 ounce: Glucosamine, Methylsulfonylmethane, Boswellia serrata, Yucca schidigera, Chondroitin Sulfate, Hyaluronic Acid and D-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E).
- All NaturVet products are veterinarian formulated and manufactured in the USA in an FDA audited, cGMP compliant facility.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
The Missing Link 5-Pound Equine Plus Formula with Joint Support for Horses
- Glucosamine to support healthy joints and flexibility.
- Omega fatty acids help the absorption of fat soluble vitamins which nutritionally support: intercellular health, energy levels, the immune system, and muscle, tendon and ligament function.
- Nutrients work together to grow strong, tough hooves.
- Dietary fiber to promote a healthy digestive system
- Phyto (plant) nutrients to support general health and nutrition.
American Kennel Club Chicken All Natural Treats For Hip And Joint 06Oz/170G
- Made With Real Chicken
- Enhanced With Natural Glucosamine And Chondroitin
- Made With Blueberries And Pomegranate
- Promotes Hip And Joint Health
- Made In The Usa
Nutri-Vet Hip & Joint Advanced Strength Chewable Tablets for Dogs
- Helps maintain healthy hip & joint function
- Ideal for older or previously injured dogs
- 500 mg of Glucosamine per chew; 400mg of Chondroitin per chew
- Tasty liver flavored chewable
- Formulated by veterinarians
Naturvet Hip & Joint Soft Chews Plus Omegas For Dogs And Cats, 120 Ct Soft Chews, Made In Usa
- Formulated To Support Synovial Fluid That Lubricates Joints And Helps Maintain Healthy Cartilage And Connective Tissue.
- Formulated With Omegas And Blended With Antioxidants To Help Support The Structural Integrity Of Joints And Connective Tissues And Also To Fight Damaging Free Radicals.
- Contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin And Msm To Supply Important Joint Support For Adult Pet, Including Large Breeds And Overweight Pets.
- Great For Pets In Need Of Advanced Joint Care, Such As Senior Pets And Those Recovering From Joint Related Surgery.
- Tasty Soft Chews 120Ct For Dogs And Cats Over The Age Of 12 Weeks. Recommended To Double The Suggested Daily Amount For The First 2 Weeks, Amounts Can Be Divided Between Am And Pm.
- Active Ingredients Per 2 Soft Chews: Glucosamine, Methylsulfonylmethane, Calcium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Chondroitin Sulfate, Yucca Schidigera, Omega-6 Fatty Acids And Dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate.
- All Naturvet Products Are Veterinarian Formulated And Manufactured In The Usa In An Fda Audited, Cgmp Compliant Facility.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Hemp Oil For Dogs & Cats (375mg) - Full Spectrum Organic Drops Hemp Oil For Anxiety & Stress Relief- Arthritis Pain Relief - Hip & Joint Dog Supplement- Apply To Hemp Prime Treats
JADIENCE Dog, Cat, Horse Sore Muscle Pain Relief Spray: 2oz | Hip & Joint Care Healing Medicine | Natural Treatment to Soothe & Support | Herbal Relaxer for Old & Young Animals | EnlightAPet
Glucosamine for Dogs - Advanced Arthritis Pain Relief for Dogs - Chondroitin, MSM & Organic Turmeric - Natural Hip & Joint Supplement for Dogs - Made in USA, Chicken - 120 Grain Free Soft Chews
COX VETERINARY Lab Acti Flex Joint Compound Quart
- Key substances in Acti Flex work together to improve performance by increasing the horse s supply of joint lubricating synovial fluid which repairs and strengthens body parts that running puts under high stress
- Glucosamine Sulfate Chondroitin Sulfate Methylsulfonylmethane MSM and Superoxide Dismutase occur naturally in the body serving the function of repairing joints and many other tissues
How Yoga Helped Reduce My SI Joint Pain
Describes how yoga practice can reduce the pain in the SI (sacroiliac) joint. Discusses how SI joint pain is diagnosed and other treatment options.
Where is the SI joint? You have two sacroiliac joints - one on the right side and one on the left side. The joints are located where the base of the spine meets the pelvis.
What causes SI join paint? In my case, the pain began in late pregnancy. Many women experience joint dysfunction and inflammation due to the hormones released during pregnancy. Other people experience SI pain as a result of sport injuries or car accidents.
The SI joint can hurt terribly because it is so close to the sciatic nerve and can often be confused for other types of back pain such as sciatica or a herniated disc. At first, your doctor may just prescribe rest or ice/heat therapy. If the pain continues, a second visit to your doctor is definitely needed. Your doctor may perform other tests such as X-ray or an MRI to rule out other causes of back pain.
If the pain continues and seems to radiate from deep in the pelvic/buttock region, you may have a problem with your SI joint. However, SI joint dysfunction can be very difficult for a doctor to diagnose as there aren't any non-invasive tests currently available to determine if the joint is the root cause of your lower back and hip pain.
Your doctor may be able to diagnose SI joint pain through the process of eliminating other potential pain triggers.
My doctor finally made my diagnosis after I underwent a series of three cortisone injections performed under a fluoroscope in the hospital. Since the cortisone injections did relieve my pain, my doctor was reasonable confident that my pain was caused by joint dysfunction.
However, the benefits of the SI joint injections only lasted for a few months before I noticed that the pain started to return gradually. I started to look for other, less invasive solutions to help alleviate my pain.
Other conservative treatments that I tried to relieve the pain included seeing a physical therapist, taking ibuprofen, applying hot/cold packs and having a massage.
I found that massage therapy does help to reduce the pain for a short period of time. I usually experience a day or two of lessened pain and increased flexibility in the area. Sometimes, I may get even a week or two or lessened pain after a massage. In some cases, your medical insurance may even pay for massage therapy visits so be sure to check your plan.
Physical therapy did help in the short-term, but I found that I didn't always practice the exercises the physical therapist prescribed often enough to be most beneficial. I needed something with more accountability and frequency. As a result, I started taking yoga classes each week.
I have been taking yoga classes twice each week for almost two years. At my very first visit, I talked to the instructor and told him about my SI joint problems and asked for specific stretches to help alleviate the pain. The instructor has worked with me by giving me modified poses when needed and has shown me several partner stretches that I can do at home with my spouse to help with the joint pain.
At first, the yoga classes were intimidating because I am not very flexible. However, after just a few sessions, I could already feel less pain and stiffness in the SI joint and increased flexibility overall.
When practicing yoga, be sure to use a yoga mat. The mat helps your hands and feet to grip better, which is especially important for us beginners. A block and a strap may be helpful as well. Be sure to check with your doctor before beginning any new exercise program.
My favorite yoga poses for relieving SI joint pain and general back pain:
1. Limber up first. Practice basic yoga moves to move the blood around.
2. Cobra - start by lying face down on the floor with your feet out straight behind you. For women, it may be helpful to have your feet separately apart slightly. Put your hands flat on the floor close beside your body and next to your rib cage. Inhale and push up with your hands. Lift your head and chest up gently. Go only as far as you can. If you feel back pain, stop and try again later. I find that I do cobra position better after warming up with other poses first.
3. Downward Dog with Partner - place your hands and feet on the floor and move back like a stretching dog. Hold this position for a few seconds. Then, ask your partner to place his or her hands on your lower back/upper buttocks region and press firmly upwards while leaning into you. This movement feels wonderful on the sacrum. Again, if you feel any pain, stop the pose.
4. Spinal Twist - lay flat on the floor. Bend your knees but keep your feet flat on the floor. Pull both knees over to one side. Spread your arms open. Turn your head in the opposite direction of your knees. Repeat with the other side.
5. Child's Pose with Partner - kneel on the floor and drape your upper body towards the ground. You can rest your forehead on the ground and stretch your arms out straight ahead and rest them back alongside your body. Then, have your partner press his or her hands on the lower back (sacrum) area and gently pull down.
I have found the best solution to reducing my SI joint pain is to practice yoga consistently. I realize that my joint may never return to its pre-pregnancy state and that the joint rehabilitation may take years. For me, yoga will be a lifelong practice as I both rehabilitate my sore joint and improve my overall health.
If you suffer from SI joint pain, try a yoga class. After a few visits, you may notice a marked decreased in pain and, over time, you may be able to eliminate the pain completely.