Bestselling Home Security & Surveillance in 2020
Wansview Wireless 1080P Security Camera, WiFi Home Surveillance IP Camera for Baby/Elder/Pet/Nanny Monitor, Pan/Tilt, Two-Way Audio & Night Vision Q3-S
- FULL 1080P HD VIDEO CAMERA: Wansview full HD home camera with 1920*1080P resolution at 25fps,the living stream can be accessed via iOS/Android mobile Phone, Windows PC and Apple Mac Software and http web browsers, you may use it as a baby monitor to view your baby even you are outside home.
- SMART PAN/TILT/ZOOM CAMERA: This wifi ip camera provides wider viewing angle with horizontal 350 degree(pan) and vertical 76 degree (tilt) with 4x digital zoom function for complete coverage of your home. There is 8 presets which can be adjusted to some places and zoom to make it bigger to see.
- CLEAR TWO-WAY AUDIO& NIGHT VISION: Remotely talk and listen via mobile App even in the dark with the IR LED night vision up to 20 feet.So you can keep in touch with your baby when you miss him and want to talk to him. This home security camera gives you fantastic night experience even in pitch dark and full protection to see the whole room at night - not just a limited spotlight view at anytime of day or night. It also can be used for shops, meeting room, pets,nanny, elder monitor.
- Reliable2.4G WiFi CONNECTION: Quick WiFi setup via mobile App "Wansview" on iPhone or Android smartphone(5G is not supported ) Wireless security camera supports remote access via mobile App anywhere and anytime. This security camera with Micro SD card slot (max 128GB supported), the videos can be saved and playbacked on Windows and Mac laptop without taking it out of camera. Support Windows and Mac 24/7 video recording, if camera be stolen, you can check your local computer to see what happened.
- NO RISK of PERSONAL INFORMATION: You have the direct connection with the wifi camera, the ip camera's video wont be saved on any servers or forwarded by manufacturer.IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO email@example.com or CALL +1 323 686 3288 on 6 PM ~ 3 AM (PST) Monday-Friday. Free return & exchange service within 60 days and free technical assistance. Our friendly and effective after-sale service will put your worries aside.
YI 1080p Home Camera, Indoor 2.4G IP Security Surveillance System with Night Vision for Home/Office / Baby/Nanny / Pet Monitor with iOS, Android App - Cloud Service Available
- 24/7 Full HD Recording - F/2.0 aperture, 112 wide-angle lens, 1080p/15fps to capture moments with clear picture. Features two-way audio to allow you to receive and transmit audio from any location with a WiFi connection.
- Enhanced Night Vision - 8 individual 940nm infrared LED's, which automatically turns on infrared (IR) in low light conditions, allowing you to see clearly in the dark.
- Activity Alerts - Baby Crying Detection and Motion Detection features use state-of-the-art technology to detect and send notifications to your phone. Activity Alerts (7-day storage in YI Cloud) available free of charge without a microSD memory card or a YI Cloud subscription.
- YI Home App - Acess your camera with our mobile APP anytime and anywhere. Allows sharing your camera with up to 5 family members or friends, and view multiple cameras on a single account.
- Cloud Storage - Supports YI Cloud to avoid the risk of losing footage from a microSD memory card, and ensures all recorded video is safe, secure, and protected with the most efficient compression and highest protection of data. Local backup supports up to 32GB Class10 microSD cards with FAT32 format.
Wireless Security Camera, UOKOO 720P HD Home WiFi Wireless Security Surveillance Camera with Motion Detection Pan/Tilt, 2 Way Audio and Night Vision Baby Monitor, Nanny Cam
YI Dome Camera Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wireless IP Indoor Security Surveillance System 720p HD Night Vision, Motion Tracker, Auto-Cruise, Remote Monitor with iOS
YI 4pc Home Camera, Wi-Fi IP Security Surveillance System with Night Vision for Home, Office, Shop, Baby, Pet Monitor with iOS, Android, PC App - Cloud Service Available
YI Home Camera, Wi-Fi IP Indoor Security System with Motion Detection, Night Vision for Baby / Pet / Front Porch Monitor, Remote Control with iOS, Android, PC App - Cloud Service Available (White)
YI Outdoor Security Camera, 1080p Cloud Cam 2.4G Wireless IP Waterproof Night Vision Surveillance System with Two-Way Audio, Motion Detection, Activity Alert, Deterrent Alarm - iOS, Android App
Zmodo Wireless Security Camera System (4 Pack) Smart HD Outdoor WiFi IP Cameras with Night Vision - Works with Alexa
AtHome Video Streamer - Remote video surveillance, Home security, Monitoring, IP Camera
Antaivision 960P WiFi IP Security Home Network Dome Camera for Home Surveillance, Fisheye 360° Indoor Dome with Night Vision Motion Detection 2-Way Talking,Watching The Whole Room Without Blind Area.
TENVIS HD IP Camera- Wireless Surveillance Camera with Night Vision/ Two-way Audio/ PTZ, 2.4Ghz Wifi Indoor Home Security Dome Camera for Pet Baby, Remote Monitor with MicroSD Slot, Android,iOS App
CANARY (CAN100USBK) All-in-One Indoor 1080p HD Security Camera with Built-in Siren and Climate Monitor, Motion / Person / Air Quality Alerts, Works with Alexa, Insurance Discount Eligible - Black
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- LET CANARY BE YOUR EYES AND EARS: The Canary All-in-One Home Security System is just what you've been looking for. Featuring a full HD 1080p camera with a 147-degree lens view, the Canary can see more or your home to help keep your mind at ease. The Canary also features high-quality sound recording, so you are not only able to see your home, but be able to hear what's going on.
- BUILT IN ALARM TO HELP SCARE OFF INTRUDERS: The Canary features a built in alarm system that reaches sound levels of 90+ decibels, that's the same noise level as a running lawn mower! The built in siren is perfect for scaring off unwanted visitors. sensors are 3-axis accelerometer, ambient light, capacitive touch
- GET UPDATES TO YOUR SMARTPHONE: Canary works using the wireless internet in your home. By connecting your phone to the Canary system, you will be able to receive immediate alerts when your camera notices movement and activity. Never be surprised by an unfortunate event with the Canary Home Security System.
- PERFECT FOR PET LOVERS: The Canary Home Security System is also a great tool for pet parents. Have you ever wondered what your cats do while you're away, or which of you dogs keeps getting into the trash? Well, now you can watch and find out. Set up your Canary camera near where your pet spends the most time and be able to keep an eye on them throughout the day.
- WE'RE ON A MISSION: Everyone has a right to feel safe and secure, and security comes from having the information you want when you want it. It's the guiding principle behind our work and reinforces our belief that the best technology helps to make you smarter, puts you in control, and gives you access to the information you need. That's why Canary is dedicated to developing easy-to-use technology that protects, empowers, and has a meaningful impact on people, families, and their communities.
Blink Indoor Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection, HD Video, 2-Year Battery Life and Cloud Storage Included - 3 Camera Kit
- MOTION DETECTOR: Built-in motion sensor alarm, when motion detector is triggered, Wi-Fi cameras will send an alert to your smartphone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud
- BATTERY POWERED SECURITY CAMERA SYSTEM: Wireless home camera with 2-year battery life, powered by 2 AA Lithium batteries (included), data is sent from IP cameras over Wi-Fi
- SMART HOME SECURITY CAMERA SYSTEM: Simple self-install home monitoring in minutes; easy to control wireless cameras with free iOS & Android Blink app or via voice through our Amazon Alexa Skill!
- ADVANCED HOME SURVEILLANCE: Monitor your home and pet in real time with video camera "Live View" streaming mode
- FREE CLOUD STORAGE: No monthly fees or service contract required. (Requires iOS 10.3 or Android 5 Lollipop or higher)
Social Security System: A Government "Ponzi Scheme"?
Discussion of the history, operation and future prospects of the U.S. Social Security System.
"Ponzi schemes" are illegal pyramid schemes where money from new investors is used to pay off earlier investors, a proverbial "rob-Peter-to-pay-Paul" scam. At least until the whole scheme collapses which they always do since by the very nature of such a scheme, they are unsustainable. According to information published on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission web site, "ponzi schemes" are the namesake of Italian immigrant Charles Ponzi, who swindled thousands of New England residents by encouraging them to invest in his international mail coupons speculation scheme in 1921. Ponzi convinced his investors that he could provide a 40% return in just 90 days compared with the then prevailing 5% bank savings account rate, taking in an estimated $1 million during just one three-hour period. While a few early investors were paid off to lend credibility to the scheme, eventually the remaining investors lost all of their money when the scheme collapsed.
Comparing the Social Security system to a scam might be a bit disingenuous, yet in so doing it is difficult to argue against the presence of some startling similarities. Like a "ponzi scheme", it has been since the beginning a "rob-Peter-to-pay-Paul" arrangement with the current generation of workers paying FICA taxes from which benefits are paid to past generations of workers. This worked well initially when there were substantially more workers paying the taxes than retirees drawing social security benefits, however in an era of declining birth rates, lengthening life spans and the beginning of "Baby Boomers" the largest generation ever, entering retirement, the picture looks less than rosy.
In fairness to President Franklin D. Roosevelt, whose administration drafted the Social Security Act as part of the New Deal, the idea was well intentioned. The Act was an attempt to stem the incidence of poverty that occurred among elderly Americans as a result of the Great Depression. According to Jim Walls, in his article, "Capitalizing on the Crisis of Opportunity" published on New Deal 2.0.com, the incidence of poverty, already high among the elderly, grew astronomically during the depression years, with unemployment rates for those over age 65 estimated at "well above 50%". Legitimate concerns over this led to passage of the Act and creation of a federal "old-age insurance" program where the elderly would receive monthly benefits from the government funded by a dedicated tax.
A major flaw in the system from the beginning was that it almost immediately began paying out monthly benefits to retirees who quickly drew benefits far in excess of what they had paid into the system. As an example consider the case of Ida May Fuller, of Ludlow, Vermont, a retired legal secretary. She is accorded the distinction by the Social Security Administration, as published on the Social Security Online web site, of being the first person to receive a monthly social security check. She retired at age 65 and received a check in the amount of $22.54 on January 31, 1940. Ida May Fuller paid into the system a total of $24.75 during the last three years of employment prior to her retirement. She lived to be 100, drew a monthly social security check for more than 35 years and received benefit payments that totaled $22,888.92. Far from the exception, this has in fact been the rule with many retirees under the system collecting far more than they contributed. By default if not by design, Social Security from the beginning has been a system where the contributions of current workers were paid out in benefits to retirees.
Never meant to be a comprehensive retirement plan but merely a supplement to stave off poverty among the elderly, social security benefits quickly became perceived as the former by many Americans. Caught up with the business of living: paying mortgages, raising families, providing for payment of their children's college educations, vast numbers of American workers came to rely on anticipated social security benefits as their only real financial preparation for retirement. The anticipated benefits came to take on the character of an entitlement for most Americans, which predictably led to social security becoming a "sacred cow" that no career politician dared to tinker with if he or she had aspirations of remaining in office. Pressure from powerful lobbyists for the elderly and constituents promised "political suicide" for any lawmaker who dared to talk seriously about reducing benefits. As a result, social security became another realistically unsustainable federal entitlement program. On the first page of the annual statement, Form SSA-7005-SM-SI, mailed out by the Social Security Administration to Americans during their birth month each year, is printed the ominous warning:
"In 2020 we will begin paying more in benefits than we collect in taxes. Without changes, by 2041 the Social Security Trust Fund will be exhausted and there will be enough money to pay only about 78 cents for each dollar of scheduled benefits."
Branding the Social Security system a "ponzi scheme" might be a bit harsh, yet the fact remains there are some startling similarities and by the admission of the Social Security Administration itself, prospects for sustaining this program look bleak indeed.
Sowell, Charles. "Social Security: The Enron That Politicians Have In the Closet". Capitalism Magazine. June 22, 2020 .
"Ponzi Schemes". US Securities and Exchange Commission. June 22, 2020 .
Wallis, Jim. "Capitalizing on the Crisis of Opportunity". New Deal 2.0. June 22, 2020 .
"History". Social Security Online. June 22, 2020 .
Your Social Security Statement (Form SSA-7005-SM-SI). Social Security Administration. February 20, 2020.