Bestselling Hockey Rink & Field Equipment in 2020
Mylec Deluxe Hockey Goal Set
- Street hockey set includes two 43-inch Jet Flo sticks, one no-bounce hockey ball, and a goal
- High-impact PVC tubing and sleeve netting
- Goal measures 48 by 37 inches (W x D)
- Assembles easily in minutes
- Folds for easy storage
Franklin NHL Street Hockey Goal, Stick and Ball Set
- Set includes one goal, 2 player sticks and 2 foam balls
- Goal Size: 28" (w) x 20" (h) x 12" (d) with rugged high-impact 1" tubing
- (2) Player sticks (1 right, 1 left); colors may vary
- (2) Soft foam 2" mini hockey balls; colors may vary
- Easy assembly nylon sleeve net attachment with durable polyester all-weather pre-fit net
Mylec Jr. Hockey Goal Set, White
- Future NHL pros can enjoy games of hockey in the driveway or street with this pint-sized, folding goal set
- Goal measures 40 by 36 by 15 inches (W x H x D)
- Made of durable 1.625-inch PVC piping, and folds up for easy storage
- Heavy-duty sleeve netting affixes quickly and withstands abuses of both weather and aggressive play
- Two 32-inch sticks and one no-bounce ball round out the package
Wham-O Water Knee Hockey Rink
- Repair patches
- Hockey rink
- 2 knee-hockey sticks and 2 pucks
EZGoal 67109 Monster Steel Tube Heavy-Duty Official Regulation Folding Metal Hockey Goal Net, 6 x 4 - Feet, Red
- Improves your skills perfect for practicing corner shots the 4 net targets allow you to count pucks in the targets folds flat fast for storage, making it easy to move anywhere
- The Goal can be used with the Goal backstop rebounders, so you don't have to chase the pucks down the street all Parts & goal nets are replaceable the Goal Hockey System "makes a good player a better one"
- Regulation 4 ft. X 6 ft.(121.9 cm x 182.9 cm) heavy-duty folding goal with Pro top shelf Pro heavy-duty 4 net target pockets Remove in seconds for game play
- TIGHT rounded corners reinforced puck-proof, 5 mm thick heavy-duty Pro goal net tough powder-coated 2-tone steel frame, like the pros precision-fit connections for stability thick welded wire to secure and lace the net to the frame.
- No tools required. rock solid 12-gauge welded folding System. folds easily in minutes with or without the backstop. goal assembled Dimensions: (L x H x w)6 ft. X 4 ft. X 30 in.(182.9 cm x 121.9 cm x 76.2 cm)
Fcoson Mini Hockey Goal Set Portable Soccer Training Net with Ball and Pump for Kids Toddlers Youth
- Two in one, both for soccer training and for hockey, indoor and outdoor use.
- Inflatable ball and pump included are included, easy to assemble, convenient to use.
- Lightweight hockey goal set is portable so that users can bring it everywhere.
- This training equipment can help children's hand-eye coordination, build a good motor skill and promote an active lifestyle.
- Great gift idea for toddler children boys or girls, this sports toys will delight you kids, make them enjoy of playing.
Franklin Sports Hockey Goal Set - NHL - Includes Adjustable Goal, Hockey Stick, and Ball
- Adjustable Insta-Set hockey goal, 1-adjustable hockey stick adjusts from 18" to 28", 70mm hockey ball
- Goal adjusts from 26.5" to 37.5" in length
- Goal adjusts from 16.5" to 24" in height
- Adjustable size great for skill building
- No assembly required
Mylec Deluxe Mini Goal Set
- Deluxe mini goal set for kids of all ages
- 2 mini goals with easy-to-assemble sleeve netting system
- 2 pre-curved mini sticks and 1 pre-curved goalie stick
- Includes single foam ball; ideal for basement or backyard
- Each goal measures 30.5 inches wide by 23 inches tall
50 X 25 Fish Net, fishing Nets for Golf, Backstop, Hockey, Netting, Baseball, Sports, La crosse
- 50 X 25 FISH NET, GOLF, Impact, SOCCER, Hockey, Sports
- GREAT BACKSTOP FOR Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse
- 47 FT X 25 FT LAYING RELAXED!
- CLICK SELLERS OTHER ITEMS TO SEE 100 NETS!
- Made of nylon and will not rot. )ne inch hole.
Hockey: The Rink and Equipment
Franklin Sports Hockey Goal, Ball, and Stick Set - NHL
- High-impact 1.5" PVC tubing
- Durable polyester all-weather pre-fit net
- High density street hockey ball
- 46"(w) x 40"(h) x 22"(d) PVC hockey goal
- 210D nylon sleeve net attachment
Franklin Sports Mini Hockey Goal Set - NHL - 28 x 20 Inches
- A hockey fan's basement isn't complete without a Franklin Sports NHL Mini Hockey Goal Set
- Challenge your friends and family to epic shootout battles, and combine sets to play memorable two-on-two games
- The set includes one durable goal, two player sticks - one right-handed and one left-handed - as well as a soft foam 2" ball
- Knee hockey is a staple indoor game for kids and adults of all ages, providing hours of endless fun
- Goal Size: 28" (w) x 20" (h) x 12" (d)
Franklin Sports Indoor Goal Set - Includes 2 Adjustable Hockey Sticks, 2 Foam Hockey Balls, 1 Street Hockey Ball, and 1 Mini Soccer Ball
- Size: 22" X 17.5", 3 games in one; hockey, soccer and knee hockey
- Includes 2 INSTA-SET goals
- Includes 2 adjustable hockey sticks, 1 mini soccer ball, 2 mini foam hockey balls, 1 hockey ball
- Also includes inflation pump and needle
- Fun for ages 6+
Ice Hockey and Your Child
Is ice hockey the sport for your child? Read on and find out.
Hockey games only allow six players for each team on the ice at any given time, however most teams usually have 20 players for their team so that it is possible to consistently switch out players so nobody is overworked. You should avoid a team where a coach will leave players in during the whole game. Hockey is a very heavy intense sport and uses a lot of adrenaline, you need to make sure your child will have the opportunity to sit and rest so they do not become too tired and increase their chances of getting hurt.
Ice hockey was accepted as an Olympic sport in 1908, and with that, it has grown to over 250,000 players each year. While ice hockey is not as popular as football or baseball, it is a growing sport that requires a lot of determination and skill. Size of the players in the children's leagues are not as important as they are for the professional teams. The speeds at which the players will move should never be ignored, they move from 15-20mph at times, with the puck moving between 30-80 mph easily. This can lead to serious danger if the appropriate equipment is not worn.
Speaking of equipment, a good pair of beginning hockey skates can cost as much as $150 with professional skates costing upwards of $500 per pair. This however is not the only piece of equipment your child will need, a helmet, hockey stick and protective gear are also necessary. Do not purchase equipment that your child must grow into, as this can cause dangers since it will not fit properly.
Hockey offers several benefits for children including the ability to teach fast reaction times since the game moves so quickly. It also helps greatly improve hand-eye as well as foot-eye coordination, balance and agility. Hockey overall whether played in competition or practice or even for fun also provides a great means of aerobic exercise and cardiovascular fitness. Muscle toning and muscle strengthening are other great advantages as is the ability to forge a great teamwork bond with other players.
Kids who typically do great in hockey are those who are good at skating, great athletes, agile, coordinated and with a good sense of balance. No particular body type is needed to excel at hockey; however, the skills needed to excel at hockey are skills that almost anyone can learn with some effort and practice making it a great sport for anyone who is interested in it.
The one major drawback for the parents of girls is the lack of teams for girls, however as more girls start to play, there are more girls teams appearing. Many girls just opt to play on the boys teams. Most recreational leagues for girls are divided a bit differently than the boys' teams with girls' teams being 19 and under, 15 and under and finally 12 and under. Boys have more levels of teams which divides the ages up more, for example 17 and under is Midget, 14 and under is Bantam, 12 and under is PeeWee and finally 8 and under is Mite.
Many beginning hockey programs start with children as young as 4 and 5, however the goal of these programs is not to teach hockey, but rather to teach safety skills as well as how to skate. Once you have decided upon hockey for your child, you must decide between a house league or a travel league. The biggest difference is that house leagues only play their games in house, while travel leagues will travel to different cities as well as sometimes different states to play against another team.
One important consideration is the fact that many times games as well as practice will start before the crack of dawn, if you and your child are not early morning people then this sport may not be for you. Personally, I hate the idea of rolling out of bed before 9a.m. and I am not alone, this would make hockey a bad choice for my lifestyle, which the lifestyle of the parents is important until the child is old enough to drive themselves. If you allow your child to play hockey you should be willing to do the early mornings, or you are just setting your child up to fail.