Bestselling Foreign Language Phrasebooks in 2020
Berlitz Language: Eastern European Phrase Book & Dictionary: Albanian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Russian & Slovenian (Berlitz Phrasebooks)
- Berlitz Language
Language: Learn Any Language – In Days, Not Years!: The Secrets to: Learning Language, Language Phrases & Speaking a Foreign Language
Easy Spanish Phrase Book NEW EDITION: Over 700 Phrases for Everyday Use (Dover Language Guides Spanish)
- Designed as a quick reference tool and an easy-to-use study guide, this inexpensive and up-to-date book offers fast, effective communications.
- The perfect companion for tourists and business travelers in Spain and Latin America, it features words, phrases, and sentences that cover everything from asking directions to making reservations
- Over 700 conveniently organized expressions include terms for modern telecommunications as well as phrases related to transportation, shopping, services, medical and emergency situations, and other common circumstances.
- A phonetic pronunciation accompanies each phrase.
Byki Mobile Language Learning
- Learn over 1,000 critical words and phrases organized into over 70 lists for each language.
- Track your learning progress with the Learned Items system.
- Review items that have become "stale" and turn them "fresh" again with refresh mode.
- Search for words and phrases on Twitter to see how others use the language.
- Use Byki as a phrasebook to search words and phrases in both English and in a foreign language.
Esperanto Phrasebook (Eton Institute - Language Phrasebooks)
POLISH a language map®
Korean At A Glance (Korean) Foreign Language Phrasebook & Dictionary (At A Glance) Korean At A Glance
Language Lab Spanish [Old Version]
- Beginning- and intermediate-level computer software instruction
- Multimedia learning package provides everything needed to learn Spanish
- Audio instruction on 8 CDs teaches basic vocabulary, verb conjugation, and more
- Workbooks with pencil-ready exercises and full-color illustrations
- Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook with expansive dictionaries
Ectaco Partner 500AL PRO Dictionary and Audio Phrasebook
- Oxford E-E Dictionary (Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary (8th Edition)) containing approximately 58,000 words, phrases, and meanings and over 86,000 samples sentences with real voice pronunciation
- Collins Cobuild Advanced Learner's English Dictionary (New Digital Edition) containing approximately 40,000 words with real voice pronunciation
- Collins Thesaurus A-Z (2nd Edition) containing approximately 18,000 words with real voice pronunciation
- Collins Multilingual Dictionary (26 Languages): Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (US), English (British), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian) , Portuguese (Iberian), Russian, Spanish (Iberian), Spanish (Latin American), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- 500AL Pro model received Gold Award
Survival Chinese: How to Communicate without Fuss or Fear Instantly! (A Mandarin Chinese Language Phrasebook) (Survival Series)
Spanish at a Glance: Foreign Language Phrasebook & Dictionary (At a Glance Series)
Rosetta Stone 24 Month Online Subscription with Fire 7 Tablet
- Pair the newest version of Rosetta Stone's award-winning interactive language software with the next generation of our best-selling Fire tablet--now thinner, lighter, and with longer battery life and an improved display. Access the course on your Fire tablet, in browser, or on your phone to continue learning on the go.
- Perfect your pronunciation with Rosetta Stone's patented TruAccent speech recognition technology. TruAccent measures your voice 100 times per second, compares it to native pronunciation, and provides instant feedback.
- The newest features to extend your learning: Pull up PHRASEBOOK on the mobile app to quickly find useful expressions, greetings, and more. Read and listen to STORIES in your new language to deepen your understanding of grammar and vocabulary. Download AUDIO COMPANION and play offline to practice pronunciation on the go. The only Rosetta Stone program that auto-updates with new feature releases-for free!
- View your new Rosetta Stone course on a beautiful 7" IPS display with higher contrast and sharper text, a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, and up to 8 hours of battery life. The tablet has 8 GB of internal storage and a microSD slot for up to 256 GB of expandable storage.
- Now with Alexa, for quick access to the information and entertainment you want. Ask questions, play music, check your calendar, get the news, weather, and more - just press the home button and ask.
Japanese At a Glance: Foreign Language Phrasebook & Dictionary (At a Glance Series)
- Used Book in Good Condition
Language Games for Those Long Days of Summer
Help your child to increase their language skills this summer!
The first activity is all about fact and opinion. Be sure that your child knows the difference. If they don't discuss with them that a fact is something everyone knows is true and that an opinion is an individual point of view which can differ from one person to another. Give a few examples so that they get the point. Next, tell your child that you are going to give a statement and that they will raise one finger if the think the statement is a fact and two fingers if they think the statement is an opinion. They get a point for everyone they get correct. Switch on them and have them think up statements and you hold up the fingers. These statements are also great conversation starters.
The second activity helps with completing sentences, utilizing adjectives, and increasing vocabulary. Come up with some adjectives such as disgusting, crunchy, horrible, silly, or fuzzy. Then have your child make a five word sentence with that word. Younger kids will enjoy just trying to get the right number of words in the sentence. Older kids may like to be timed or compete for who can come up with the sentence first. Regardless of the way you decide to play it's a great game that will stretch their brain muscles.
Language skills are important because we use them every single day. Following directions, increasing vocabulary, completing sentences, comparing/contrasting, and organizing thoughts are all considered language skills. Even if you don't use these particular games listed above you will find that any game can address language. I Spy, Simon Says, or board games can all help improve communication. If your child knows how to play have them recite the directions. The more teaching they are involved in the more you will find that they are learning. So sit down with your child and enjoy a good game to help to improve these skills and to also just have fun!