Bestselling Foreign Dictionaries & Thesauruses in 2020
Webster's Spanish-English Dictionary for Students, Second Edition (English and Spanish Edition)
Rick Steves' Italian Phrase Book & Dictionary
Pocket Burmese Dictionary: Burmese-English English-Burmese (Periplus Pocket Dictionaries)
- Periplus Editions HK ltd
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Edition (Book with Online Subscription)
- Sold Individually
Easy Spanish Phrase Book NEW EDITION: Over 700 Phrases for Everyday Use (Dover Language Guides Spanish)
- Designed as a quick reference tool and an easy-to-use study guide, this inexpensive and up-to-date book offers fast, effective communications.
- The perfect companion for tourists and business travelers in Spain and Latin America, it features words, phrases, and sentences that cover everything from asking directions to making reservations
- Over 700 conveniently organized expressions include terms for modern telecommunications as well as phrases related to transportation, shopping, services, medical and emergency situations, and other common circumstances.
- A phonetic pronunciation accompanies each phrase.
Oxford Spanish Mini Dictionary
Mantra Lingua KITBEN2 Bengali and English Dictionary with Talking PEN Set, Bengali, Grade: Kindergarten to 8 (Pack of 2) (Bengali Edition)
- The My Bilingual Bengali and English Talking Dictionary and PENpal kit gives you access to over 650 thematically arranged words
- Bengali and English
- Simply touch the colorful illustration or word with the award-winning PENpal and hear it spoken in both languages
- This is an ideal resource for ELL, special needs or any child learning a new language
- Kit includes one 4 GB rechargeable PENpal and one Bilingual Talking Dictionary
Learn Spanish in a Hurry: Grasp the Basics of Espanol Pronto! (Everything Series Book)
Aproximaciones al estudio de la literatura hispánica
Kamusi Teule ya Kiswahili. Kilele cha Lugha (Swahili Edition)
- This all in one professional accessory kit includes everything you need for your mobile device, phone, or tablet!
- SAVE MONEY and time with this all in one charge, sync, and travel charging bundle at 50% of individual prices!
- Compact USB Wall (AC 110-240v) 1 Amp Travel Charger allows charging from any outlet and compacts for easy traveling.
- Compact USB Car Adapter (DC 12v) 1 Amp digitally controls rapid/slow charges to your phone from any vehicle's 12 volt "cigarette lighter" adapter.
- Custom Charging Data Cable simultaneously allows charging from any PC or USB device.
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Handy, reliable and authoritative reference for most frequently used English words
- More than 75,000 definitions
- Includes 2,000 new entries, 150 illustrations and a Handbook of Style
French Made Simple: Learn to speak and understand French quickly and easily
Movie Review: Paranormal Activity
When Paranormal Activity was released in October 2020, I heard several students at the school where I work discussing it as a movie that I needed to see, that it was a scary movie, the scariest movie they had ever seen.
When Paranormal Activity was released in October 2020, I heard several students at the school where I work discussing it as a movie that I needed to see, that it was a scary movie, the scariest movie they had ever seen. I even had a few adults tell me the same thing. I still couldn't bring myself to go see it.
This past week while I have been on my Christmas break, the movie was released on DVD, and, of course, through Redbox, the newest way to rent movies. I couldn't stand it any longer. I decided to go with my gut and rent the movie. It only cost a dollar so what could it hurt?
Paranormal Activity wasn't at all what I thought it would be. In fact, it isn't even your typical horror movie because it is very much like an amateur videotaping something, much like The Blair Witch Project was in 1999. Even at that, it sure keeps you in suspense right up to the very end.
The movie opens at the suburban home of a young middle class couple, Katie and Micah, played by Katie Featherston and Micah Sloat. The couple has just moved into this house in San Diego, CA, and Micah is videotaping Katie. We quickly learn they have an unknown presence in their house, a presence that disturbs them mostly at night while they sleep.
Micah has decided he will videotape them while they sleep hoping to catch this presence in the act. The majority of the time is spent in their bedroom where Micah has hooked up the camera to a laptop computer complete with a microphone and a light in the corner of the room. As time goes by and when the presence gets to be too much, Katie calls a man who specializes in ghosts, and while he really can't help them as he would like, he does know someone who can, a demonologist.
Micah is not thrilled about calling the demonologist and talks Katie out of it. He even finds the presence to be a bit of a joke and gives Katie a bad time. On the other side, Katie is not finding this a bit funny. She has been haunted by this demon since she was an eight-year-old child and wants nothing more than to be rid of it.
After all the hype, I fully expected to be really scared. I was a bit disappointed because it wasn't the type of horror movie I was used to seeing as a teen. I really didn't even think it was as scary as everyone said it was. Don't get me wrong, though. Paranormal Activity left me thinking about supernatural beings and wondering if they really exist. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it right up until the very end.