Bestselling Electrical Tools & Hardware in 2022
Rockler Safety Power Tool Switch
- Heavy-duty 15 amp safety switch.
- 7 foot grounded cord to outlet.
- 2 foor female cord to power tool.
- Mounts with screws.
Custom Leathercraft Custom LeatherCraft 1529 16-Pocket, 16-Inch Center Tray Tool Bag
12-Gauge Retractable Extension Cord Reel
- Industrial grade reel housing
- Fast release mounting bracket
- 36-Inches power cord
- Three receptacles
- 15 Amps / 125 Volts
Screwdriver, 4-in-1 Precision Electronics Screwdriver with Industrial Strength Bits Klein Tools 32581
- Four different tips in one tool, includes #0 and #00 Phillips plus 1/8-Inch and 3/32-Inch Slotted tips
- Rotating cap for optimum and precise control
- Corrosion-resistant chrome plated barrel that includes two double-ended bits that exceed ANSI standards
- Cushion-Grip handles for maximum comfort when working on small equipment
- Heat treated precision ground tip for greater strength
First Alert CO605 Plug-In Battery Backup CO Alarm, 1 pack, White
Gentlemen's Hardware Pliers Multi-Tool (Multi Tool)
- This Multi-tool features full size pliers along with 14 other stainless steel blades and tools
- Presented in a nice Kraft gift box with "master of all trades" text
- Featuring: longnose pliers, wire strippers, wire cutter, nail file, serrated knife, small medium and large flat head screwdriver,
- Phillips head screwdriver, can opener, awl, Plain edge knife, saw
- Gentlemen's hardware is a registered Trademark of wild and wolf inc
Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell in Satin Nickel, Works with Alexa
- Works with Alexa to illuminate and send announcements to Echo devices when your doorbell is pressed or motion is detected, allowing you to hear and speak to visitors with two-way talk
- Lets you see, hear and speak to visitors from your phone, tablet and PC
- Sends alerts as soon as motion is detected or when visitors press the Doorbell
- Works on any home, with or without existing doorbell wires
- Monitors your home in HD video with infrared night vision
- Lets you check-in on your property at anytime with Live View on-demand video
- Includes Lifetime Theft Protection: If your Doorbell gets stolen, we'll replace it for free
Woods 2001WD Outdoor 24hr Outlet Timer with Photocell Light Sensor, 1 Grounded Outlet, Weatherproof
Milwaukee Electric Tool 288966 M12 Tool Holster
P3 P4400 Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor
- Large Lcd Counts Consumption By The Kilowatt Hour
- Connects To Household Appliance & Assesses Its Efficiency
- Calculates Electrical Expenses By The Day, Week, Month Or Year
- Checks The Quality Of Power By Monitoring Voltage, Line Frequency & Power Factor
- Dim: 5.13"h X 2.38"w X 1.63"d
- Electricity usage monitor connects to appliances and assesses efficiency
- Large LCD display counts consumption by the kilowatt-hour
- Calculates electricity expenses by the day, week, month, or year
- Displays volts, amps, and wattage within 0.2 - 2.0percent accuracy
- Compatible with inverters; designed for use with AC 115-volt appliances
Woods 32555WD Weatherproof Outdoor Wireless Remote One Outlet, 100 ft Control Range, 1 Pack, Black
- SAVE ENERGY AND MONEY by automating security lighting, holiday lights, seasonal displays or floodlights with Woods 1 OUTLET outdoor timer
- REMOTE CONTROL offers hassle-free control and lets you conveniently adjust your outdoor security lights, patio lights or holiday decor without having you step out of the house or car, up to 100 ft away (Make sure sensor is not covered for your remote to reach)
- WEATHERPROOF housing protects the timer from the elements, dust and dirt
- QUICK TOOL FREE SETUP, simply plug in the 6-inch cord and use
- Ratings: 125Vac 60Hz, 5A / 625W Tungsten, 8A / 1,000W Resistive
Non-Contact Voltage Tester with Flashlight Klein Tools NCVT-3 - GIDDS2-2491793
- Provides non-contact detection of AC voltage
- Detects 12 to 1000V AC with simultaneous visual and audible voltage indicators
- Bright flashlight illuminates work area and may be used independent of voltage detection function
- Visual LED bar graph indicates the presence of voltage - the higher the voltage sensed, or the closer to the voltage source, the more LEDs light up
- Bar graph visual voltage indicator utilizes up to five vibrant LEDs for easy interpretation/viewing
- Audible voltage indicator beeps at a greater frequency the higher the voltage that is sensed, or the closer to the voltage source
- Auto Power-Off conserves and extends battery life
- Screw-thread battery cap with O-ring ensures protection against dust and water ingress
- Lightweight, compact tool with pocket clip provides convenient storage and quick access
- IP67: Dustproof and waterproof
STANLEY 94-248 65 Piece Homeowner's DIY Tool Kit
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED: Ratchet handles are ergonomically designed and have an easy-to-use, thumb-operated reverse-switch mechanism
- SOCKET AND EXTENSION LOCK: Sockets and extensions remain locked onto the drive until disengaged with an easy-to-reach, low-profile quick-release button
- SOCKET FEATURES: Sockets feature Max-Drive design, a unique radius corner design that provides 15% more torque than standard sockets and simplify the turning of rounded corners
- ANSI SPECS: Tools meet or exceed ANSI specs
- EAST TOOL STORAGE: Includes blow molded case for easy tool storage
How to Install a Programmable Thermostat
You don't have to call an electrician and pay a big bill to have a programmable thermostat. Learn how to install it yourself in about half an hour or less.
San Antonio City Public Service and a Saturday morning how-to show both extolled the virtues of a new product- a programmable thermostat. The old mercury thermostats could be off by as much as 10 to 15 degrees, causing a waste of energy and running up the heating and cooling bills. Intrigued, I called CPS and asked if the commercials I had seen were true, that this device could save money on my bill. They said yes, and I could get one at Home Depot. They had dozens. I settled on what I could afford, the cheapest at $25.
I installed it on that following Saturday morning. I watched my electric bill like a hawk, and to my great joy not only had the thermostat paid for itself, it reduced my bill by over $125!
In some cases, the directions may be written for electricians, not homeowners. Not a problem. You can install a new thermostat by yourself. It's not overly difficult, but you do need to take your time and pay attention to detail. It shouldn't take more than about 30 minutes.
Turn off the electricity to the air conditioner. If you have a whole house air conditioner, it may be wired to the main breaker outside. Turn this off so you don't get hurt. Some of the smaller wires don't carry enough electricity to kill, but other wires do. It's best to be safe.
Remove the Old Thermostat
Take the cover off the old thermostat and remove the screws holding the base to the wall. Loosen and remove the wires from the base. Set the old thermostat aside.
Now to Install a New Thermostat
Take the new thermostat out of the package, keeping the screws in one place. They're rather small and like to roll. Take the base out and thread the wires through the hole in the back. Attach the red wire to the terminal marked "R" and the white wire to the terminal marked "W."
In some cases, there may be 4 wires: red, yellow, green and white. If there are additional green and white wires, attach them to the terminals with matching wires. There may Attach the base to the wall using the screws.
Attach the front cover by snapping in place or inserting the screw. Make sure the room thermometer (a small wire that hangs out of the unit in some models) isn't left inside the unit or blocked.)
Insert the battery, and snap the battery cover in place.
Program Your New Thermostat
Follow the directions that come with your unit. These will be written in language easy to understand.
Turn the Power Back On
Yeah, I know. But sometimes we all have a bit of the TV character "Tim Taylor" (from "Home Improvement") in us. Turn the power back on at the main breaker. Toss out the old thermostat.
These units are saving money all over the country. The cost depends on how many features you want. Mine will raise or lower the temperature 4 times in 24 hours to coincide with my work, home and sleep schedule. There are units with far more capability, but they will cost more.