13 Best Electrical System Tools
List Updated March 2023
Bestselling Electrical System Tools in 2023
Autel PowerScan PS100 Electrical System Diagnostic Tool Automotive Circuit Tester
- Autel PowerScan PS100 Performs every type of service including power injection, measurement, ground testing, polarity checks, continuity testing and components activation
- Easy to read AVOmeter allows you to read voltage, current and resistance at the fingertip
- With a flip of the power switch, you have an instant hot/ground lead for powering up electrical components like cooling fans, relays, etc.
- Simultaneously uses the hot lead and the ground lead to activate components right in your hand
- Autel PS100 circuit tester contain 20ft (extendable) cable provides excellent accessibility to test along the vehicle
Magnetic Wire Pulling System Klein Tools SRS56037
- Quickly route cables in enclosed spaces, through wall, floor and ceiling voids
- Innovative leader-pull design can navigate many obstructions
- Swivel leader eyelet securely connects to most wires and mesh wire pulling grips
- Non-marring nylon leader-pull with 20-foot (6 m) of heavy-duty nylon rope
- Convenient spool and storage tube for protection between jobs
Kzyee KM10 Power Circuit Probe Kit, Automotive Circuit Tester with Auto Electrical System Testing Functions (Digital Voltage Tester/Multimeter/Short Finder/Battery Test/Power or Ground Supply)
- ONE TESTER FOR ALL CIRCULT TESTING-- KZYEE KM10 power scan kit is the most revolutionary circuit tester, which performs each type of service, including power injection and measurement,ground testing, polarity checking, continuity testing and components activating etc.
- DO ALL THE MULTIMETERS DO, AND MORE -- With this automotive voltage tester, you will be able to accurately diagnose the DC Voltage, AC Voltage, Resistance and Diode of the 12v-24v electrical systems by simply pressing the mode button.
- COMPONENTS ACTIVATING-- Our auto probe tester is capable to power up the components, such as cooling fans, starters, relays, windows, washers and so on. Powered by the car battery or cigarette lighter, no additional battery or wires pulling needed.
- WORTH TO OWN-- The electrical system diagnostics tool provides 20ft extension cable for you to reach all around your vehicles, trucks and trailers (12V-24V). And the built-in flashlight is bright enough to light up your work area.
- KM10 short circuit tester has the ability to tests for bad ground contacts instantly, tracking and locating shorts fast without losing fuses. What's more, it is circuit breaker protected, which is a safer measure to protect the tool from overload.
isYoung 12V&24V 100-2000 CCA Automotive Car Battery Load Tester, Cranking and Charging System Test Scan Tool for Cars, Heavy Duty Trucks, Motorcycle, and Marine Boad
- 12V&24V BATTERY TEST APPLICATION: isYoung Battery Tester could test all 12V/24V Lead-Acid Battery of Electric Bicycle, Motorcycle, Car, Heavy Duty Trucks and Marine Boat; Tell out the battery parameters and status conclusion in 2 seconds; Advise you either the battery is good, or low, or should be charged or replaced.
- Starter Test and Cranking / Charging System Test: isYoung battery tester can easily, quickly and accurately measure the actual cold cranking amps capability of the vehicle starting system and charging system, healthy state of the battery itself, and common fault of the vehicle starting system and charging system, which can help you or mechanic to find the problem quickly and accurately.
- Huge Battery Replacement Procedure Database for Connecting and Disconnecting battery of BENZ, BMW, VW/AUDI/SEAT/SKODA, PORSCHE, GM, LANDROVER, VOLVO, FORD, OPEL, etc. To help you properly replace the battery without any mistake;
- Complete Battery types and battery rating standard: including - ordinary lead acid battery, regular flooded, AGM flat plate , AGM spiral and Gel battery, etc; Cover all battery rating Standards - CCA,BCI,CA,MCA,JIS,DIN,IEC,EN,SAE,GB.
- Other Features: Polarity Reverse Protection; Automatic Temperature Compensation; In-vehicle or Out of Vehicle Test modes; Multi-Language software interfaces; One Year Warranty; Free software online update; Professional service team take your questions.
Lisle 13120 Electrical Connector Separator
- Quickly Disconnects Electrical Connectors Without Damage
- Engage the tool tip behind the connector clip
- Push or pull to disconnect
- The tool is double-ended to fit different access angles
- Works on Weather Pack and other automotive electrical connectors
Lisle 56500 Terminal Tool
- Eliminate Damaged Wires and Terminals.
- Wire Terminal Tools are designed to remove wires from terminals without damage to either.
- Prongs depress the "barbs" on conventional terminals.
YANTEK YD208 Car Electrical System Diagnostic Tool Circuit Tester for All Cars
Green Leaf WW-1 Wonder Winder Hand Crank Extension Cord Winder
- Wall-mounted device winds extension cords with crank handle
- Designed for indoor or outdoor use
- Stores up to 150 feet of 16/3 cord, 100 feet of 14/3 cord or 75-Feet of 12/3 cord
- Cord not included
Automotive Circuit Tester Power Circuit Probe Kit - DC/AC Current Resistance Diodes Vehicle Voltage Signal Diagnostic Activating Components Tools VXDAS VSP200 for 12V to 24V Electrical System
Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch 6.5-Amp Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw with Automatic Chain Lubrication System
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs. Product Weight-7 pounds
- Telescoping pole extends to 8.7 ft to provide 15 ft of overhead reach. No Load Speed (rpm) 6000
- Powerful 6.5-amp motor cuts branches up to 7.5-inches thick
- 8-inch Oregon cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication. Oil tank capacity (fluid ounce): 2.7
- CSA approved; Full 2-year warranty
Drake Off Road 1160 2-Piece Electrical Connector Separator Tool
OTC 3172 10' Optional Test Leads for Sabre HP Deluxe Battery and Electrical System Diagnostic Tester
- 10' removable auto-sensing test leads
- Used with the 3167 Sabre HP Deluxe Battery And Electrical System Diagnostic Tester
- 90 day limited warranty
ABN Terminal Release Kit, 23-Piece – Universal Electrical Terminal Removal for American Domestic and Imported Vehicles
Tips for Monitoring Home Electrical Usage
Ways to use new high tech gear to track home energy usage. Data can help you to reduce your electrical bill.
Our computers are not the only devices using a lot of energy, we have out iPods, or MP3 players, out DVD units, TVs (where it seems we have one in every room nowadays), phones, gaming consoles and the list goes on and on. With so many things needing power today, how does someone begin to sort out the highest offending items to find ways of modifying behavior trends in order to lower ones overall dependence on electricity?
One easy solution is to just unplug everything, however this does not really solve the problem because when you turn on the computer to go pay the electric bill, you will need to charge you iPhone in order to retrieve your password to the electrical company and before you know it all your devices are back online and safely consuming power once again.
Advances in technology have brought about a number of different products that will help you monitor your power usage. The basics of the different systems are very similar. One attaches a Wi-Fi device to the power meter (most systems do not require any specialized installation or an electrician. The device then transmits data 24x7 allowing the end consumer the ability to logon to a web site and see their usage. Most software will allow you to graph your usage so one can identify usage patterns.
Perhaps for example you see that your AC unit comes on every 2 or 3 hours during the day, but there is no one home. One can see the spikes when the AC is on, and then make adjustments. You might install a programmable thermostat where you can set limitations or schedules. If you know that the first family member is going to be home around 4pm, then at 3:30 you can program the AC unit to come on and cool the house down, avoiding the other 3 or 3 times that it came on during the day. This will allow you to save money, while still ensuring that the house is at a comfortable temperature range when family members arrive home.
Most of the devices out there will just monitor your power consumption. It is still up to the consumer (you) to make changes. But these devices do help to show you how much you can save. One nice feature that most units have is a cost analysis. When you are looking at your power consumption the software will calculate how much this is costing you per minute. One can get a real sense of savings by looking at the monthly and yearly savings that would occur by unplugging one device.