Bestselling Dog Flea Control Shampoos in 2020
The Ecology Works - Anti-Allergen Pet Shampoo
- Neutralize Dust Mite Allergen
- Neutralize Allergen in Pet Dander
- Clean and Condition for a Soft and Healthy Coat
- Help Control Fleas and Ticks
- Stay Fresh Deodorizing Formula
Vet's Best Flea and Tick Home Spray | Flea Treatment for Dogs and Home | Flea Killer with Certified Natural Oils | 32 Ounces, 2 Pack
- VET'S BEST FLEA AND TICK HOME SPRAY kills fleas, flea eggs, and ticks by contact, without harsh chemicals, but rather with certified natural essential oils and plant-based ingredients, such as peppermint oil and eugenol (from clove plants).
- SAFE TO USE around your dog and the whole family when used as directed. You may even apply it directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older. Our formula also repels mosquitos!
- WILL NOT STAIN - Spray indoors and out, in the yard and living room. Use on dog bedding, kennels & crates, pillows, blankets, upholstery, carpets, etc. Gentle on surfaces but proven effective against pests.
- MADE IN THE USA - The bottle is designed with an induction seal cap and detached sprayer to prevent leaks in transit.
- Now comes with 2 bottles of spray, bagged with separate induction bottle cap seals to prevent leakage during shipping.
Arava Flea & Tick Control Shampoo - for Dogs Pet Parasite Repellence & Prevention, Safe for Babies, Gently Scented Botanical Dead Sea Formula, Natural Ingredients. 13.5 fl oz
- SAY GOODBYE TO TICKS & FLEAS: There's nothing more annoying for your furry friends than ticks, fleas, and other insects, pests and parasites, but don't worry; that's what we are here for. Our Dead Sea Spa flea & tick control dog shampoo will get your pets rid of infections quickly and efficiently!
- PURELY BOTANICAL FORMULA: With a highly effective formula that features lemongrass, peppermint, cinnamon, thyme, clove, eastern red cedar, Geranium, Citronella, Rosemary, Castor, and Soybean and 26 Dead Sea minerals, this shampoo will quickly and effectively take care of all your pets' flea and tick issues, and leave their skin and coat healthy and refreshed.
- SUBTLE & PLEASANT SCENT: Most conventional flea and tick control puppy shampoos come with a massive downside: a strong, irritating scent. This Dead Sea Spa flea and tick control shampoo, however, manages to keep insects and parasites away, and still have nothing more than a subtle, pleasant herbal smell to it!
- FREE OF HARMFUL CHEMICALS: When it comes to our pet care products, we at Arava make a point of using nothing but 100% natural and safe ingredients, as well as state-of-the-art production processes and strict quality control!
- HELP FIGHT FOR PET RIGHTS: For every Arava product our customers purchase, we make a direct donation to animal rights organizations. Join us and help us secure a better world for our 4-pawed friends around the world! 30 DAYS RISK-FREE GUARANTEE - Arava Dead Sea Pet Spa has more than 20 years experience in pet care natural products. So why think twice? Order now and get a 100% risk-free guarantee for 30 days.
Harris Neem Oil, 100% Cold Pressed and Unrefined, Cosmetic Grade, 12oz (2/Pack)
- 100% Cold Pressed & Unrefined - All natural with absolutely no chemicals or additives included to ensure that the neem oil retains its original composition
- Cosmetic Grade - The oil is high in antioxidant compounds that help fight free radical damage to soothe and heal the skin
- Organic Gardening Uses - Used in organic gardening to keep plants looking healthy
- Mix with Lotions or Shampoos - Antioxidants, vitamins and essential fatty acids provide nourishment for hair, nails and skin
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - If you aren't fully satisfied with our neem oil, contact us and we will issue a full refund no questions asked
Vet's Best Flea Itch Relief Dog Shampoo, 16 oz
- RELIEF FOR FLEA BITES - Vet's Best Flea Itch Relief Shampoo for Dogs provides fast itch relief from flea bites and infestations.
- EFFECTIVE AND PLEASING - Gently calms and moisturizes red, raw, and irritated skin
- NATURAL REMEDY - We use a veterinarian formulated blend of essential oils and key natural ingredients (such as oatmeal, solvent-free orange and lemon peel oil, and neem oil) to calm and moisturize itchy, red skin.
- WORKS WITH OTHER TREATMENTS - Will not affect topical flea and tick control products.
- MADE IN THE USA - For dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
Hartz UltraGuard Plus Soothing Aloe Flea & Tick Dog Shampoo
- Kills fleas, flea eggs and brown dog ticks plus prevents re-infestation for up to 2 weeks
- Includes one, 18 fluid ounce bottle
- Enriched with aloe to provide soothing relief from itchy, irritated skin
- Can be used weekly for preventative treatment, while cleaning and deodorizing
- For dogs and puppies 6 months of age and older
Nature’s Miracle Natural Oatmeal Shampoo And Conditioner For Dogs, Honey Sage Scent 32 Ounces
Vanilla Oatmeal Dog Shampoo with Aloe Vera - Colloidal Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs & Puppies - Anti Itch Pet Shampoo for Dogs with Sensitive Skin - Natural Odor Eliminator - Anti Flea and Tick for Dogs
- COLLOIDAL OATMEAL nourishes sensitive dog skin moisturizing the skin while promoting clean fur. It helps to combat painful skin irritants without irking sensitive skin. Our formula is ultra hydrating.
- ENRICHED WITH VANILLA & LAVENDER, this shampoo wards off ticks and fleas naturally. It works to protect the skin irritants & helps heal bites. It is a maximum strength odor remover for that dog smell.
- ALOE VERA ENHANCED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN, our recipe uses natural ingredients to promote healthy skin to keep your dog comfortable and soothed. We want your dog's skin and fur to feel soft & nourished.
- SAFE and EFFECTIVE Colloidal oatmeal with Aloe is extremely gentle & effective. It's more effective than other options currently on the market and it's made with natural ingredients for your dog.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Manufactured in an American Facility. This natural and hypoallergenic solution is the best available in pet care. 100% money-back guaranteed!
BioSpot Active Care Flea & Tick Shampoo for Dogs and Puppies, 12 oz.
- Shampoo away fleas & ticks with the power of Bio Spot
- Kills fleas ticks & lice on contact
- Kills flea eggs for 28 days
- Contains Precor insect growth regulator
- Contains soothing aloe lanolin & oatmeal
Lavaggio Prima Herbal Therapy Shampoo & Treatment, Warrior Formula 32 fl. oz Promotes Healthy Hair & Scalp (1 Piece)
- Herbal Treatment that controls fleas, ticks, lice and flies
- Use DAily for chronic skin or coat problems
- Is Safe to Use on People and Animals
All About Cat and Dog Fleas
Everything you've ever wanted to know about cat and dog fleas.
Fleas are very tiny parasitic insects that survive by feeding off the blood of mammals.
What do fleas look like?
Fleas are wingless, usually measure between 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch in size, and have six legs that are adapted for jumping. Fleas are able to move through the fur of host animals due to a series of backwards-pointing spines and bristles that make them difficult to remove by grooming.
Flea larvae are an off-white color, legless, and usually no larger than 1/4th of an inch in size.
Can fleas live on people?
While fleas do not normally live on humans, if you handle infested animals, you do risk being bitten by fleas.
Are on the spot flea medications safe?
On the spot medications are are generally safe to use if the instructions are followed exactly. Before applying any on the spot medication to your pet, make sure you have the proper dosage for your pet's type and weight. Do not use flea medication intended for dogs on your cat; you cat can become severely ill, and possibly die.
Can fleas lay eggs on a human?
No. The cat flea lays eggs on dogs and cats, but not on humans.
How long do flea bites last?
The irritation from a flea bite can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
Can dog fleas live on humans?
While dog fleas will not live on humans, they can bite you if you come into contact with a pet that has a flea infestation.
Can cat fleas bite humans?
Yes. Some people may have an allergic reaction to the bite.
Can fleas live in human hair?
Fleas do not normally live in human hair by themselves, but they will often jump off of pets and onto people.
How high can a flea jump?
A flea can can jump up to seven inches high.
What do flea eggs look like?
Flea eggs are about 1/5th of an inch long, oval in shape, and a pearl white in color. The eggs are not sticky to the touch.
Where do fleas live?
Flea larvae can live in cracks and crevices, carpets, and behind baseboards. Adult fleas will live exclusively as parasites on warm blooded animals like your pets.
What does a flea bite look like?
In humans, a flea bite might be confused with a rash. A flea bite will have a small red spot in the middle which is surrounded by a red halo.
In dogs or cats, you may see red inflamed spots throughout its body. Your pet may also bite the base of their tail and scratch frequently, causing bald patches to appear towards the end of the tail.
How long does a flea live for?
Most fleas don't longer than 100 days, even if they live on a host. Without a host, a flea has no food source, and may die in between 2 to 14 days. The same isn't true for flea eggs and larvae; they do not require a host and can reach high populations.
How do dogs get fleas?
Dogs get fleas through contact with fleas in the environment, or via contact with other animals as the adult flea jumps from host to host.
Do fleas fly?
No. Fleas are wingless. Instead, fleas rely on powerful legs adapted for jumping totravel from host to host.
How big are fleas?
Most fleas usually measure between 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch in size.
Are cat fleas and dog fleas different?
There are two different species of fleas that can infest pets, but even though one type is called a "dog flea", and one is called a "cat flea" you wouldn't be able to tell them apart without using a microscope. The most common flea that is found on both dogs and cats is the cat flea.
Do adult fleas jump on and off of animals?
No. Once an adult flea has found an animal it can feed on, it will stay there in order to feed, mate and lay its eggs.
What is flea dirt?
"Flea dirt" isn't actually dirt. It's is dried blood left behind by feeding fleas, and looks like little specks of black pepper.
How do fleas suck blood?
Fleas have two mouth parts used to suck blood. One mouth part squirts digested blood and saliva into the host, and the other mouth part sucks blood from the host.
Can fleas suck enough blood to kill pets?
Yes. Fleas have sucked enough blood to kill puppies, kittens, and even lambs and goats.
How quickly do fleas start feeding once on an animal?
One on an animal, a little over half of all fleas will feed within 5 minutes. Almost all fleas are engorged with blood within an hour.
How quickly do fleas start laying eggs once on an animal?
Once on an animal, female fleas will lay eggs within 24 to 36 hours after feeding.
At what rate do fleas lay eggs?
Fleas can lay up to 50 eggs a day.
How quickly do flea eggs hatch?
If the environment has at least 70 percent humidity and an ambient temperature of 95 F, about 50 percent of all flea eggs will hatch within 30 to 36 hours.
How long is the entire flea life cycle?
The entire flea life cycle-- from egg, larva, pupa, to adult-- can take place in as little as 3 weeks.
How do fleas survive the cold winters?
Fleas do not do well in cold temperatures. Adult fleas, eggs, and larvae will die if the temperature falls to 37 F or below for over a week. Even so, fleas have survived up north where winters can be colder than 37 F. These fleas survive by latching onto strays and wild animals like possums and raccoons.
Why do fleas like to be on pets rather than people?
Fleas like to be on pets more than people because most pets have more hair or fur than people. That means there are dark places for a flea to hide.
Are there certain areas of a pet that fleas like more than others?
Yes. Fleas like the top of a pet's head, the rump, the belly, and the area between the shoulder blades, as these are all places difficult for your pet to reach.
Do fleas transmit diseases?
Yes. Fleas can transmit many infectious diseases such as typhus and the plage, as well as the eggs for other parasites like tapeworms.
What are the various stages of the flea life cycle?
There are four stages in the flea life cycle: egg, larva, pupa, and adult. Two days after a male and female flea mate, the female flea lays her eggs. Two days after an egg is laid, it hatches. The larva starts to spin a cocoon a week later. This stage of the flea's life is called the pupa. In a week's time, the pupa will develop into an adult. It will emerge from the cocoon when it senses vibrations or warmth. The entire life cycle takes about 2 to three weeks, but the pupa can remain dormant for up to a year in its cocoon.
Besides blood, what do fleas eat?
While a flea larva will feed on small debris and droppings from adult fleas, adult fleas themselves only feed on blood.