Bestselling Dessert Icing Decorations in 2021
Wilton Dessert Decorator Plus Cake Decorating Tool, Cake Icing Tool
- Handy cake decorating tool makes it easy to create stars, flowers, rosettes, dots, leaves and other icing designs
- The Dessert Decorator Plus includes four decorating tips, a fill tip and two couplers and can be used with most standard Wilton tips
- Material: Metal and plastic
- 11 x 2 in. dia. (28 x 5 cm diam)
- Cylinder, bottom ring, tips and couplers are top-rack dishwasher safe; plunger assembly must be hand washed
Wilton W101490 Royal Icing Decorations (12 Pack), 1", Petal Pink
- Wilton-Icing Decorations
- This package contains twelve 1x1 inch icing decorations. Design: Petal Pink
- Design: Petal Pink
Wilton Skeleton Icing Decorations, 12-count
- Use for cupcakes, cookies, cakes and more.
- White, Black
- Contains 12 decorations
- Contains milk, Made in a facility that also processes soy and wheat
Wilton Patterned Hearts Icing Decorations
- Pack of 24: 10 large and 14 mini heart pieces
- Colors: red, white, purple and pink designs
- Certified kosher
- To decorate cakes, cupcakes and other treats, attach icing decoration with a dot of icing
- Perfect for your valentine's celebrations
Wilton Industries 710-5204 12 Count Severed Finger Halloween Icing Decorations, Multicolor
- Ready-to-use edible severed finger Halloween icing decorations
- Add edible cupcake toppers for fast and easy Halloween treats
- Great for individual treats, like cookies, mini cakes and brownies
- Net Weight: 1.5 oz. (43 oz.)
Wilton 710-2217 Icing Decoration, Royal Polka Dot Bows
- Perfect for dressing up treats!
- Colors and motifs are broad appeal and can work for any occasion!
- Polka dot bows is great for personalization!
- Add a quick and easy excitement to treats for birthdays, school parties and special events
- Wilton Icing Decorations are the ideal time-saver with beautiful detail that rivals nature!
Wilton Turkey Icing Decorations, 12-Count
- Top Thanksgiving treats with these fun turkey-shaped icing decorations
- Color: Brown
- Net weight: .93 oz. (26,4 g)
- Quantity: 12 count
Icing Decorations - Elf Shoes - Mini
- Ready-made edible sugar decorations
- Use to instantly dress-up cupcakes, cakes, ice cream, crisped rice cereal treats, and more
Baker’s dozen Cake Decorating kit tools supplies.The Only 50 pcs bakery supplies with Reusable Silicone Bag-X2 Coupler-X10 Disposable Icing Bag-eBook.Easy to use baking kit and baking accessories.
Wilton Roses Icing Decorations (12 Pack)
- Wilton-Red Icing Roses: Small
- This package contains twelve 3/4x5/8x5/8 inch icing decorations
- Made in China
Wilton 710-7745 12 Count Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Icing Decorations
- It's easy to add some heroism to cupcakes; cakes and individual treats with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Icing Decorations
- Featuring Leonardo; Donatello; Raphael and Michelangelo; each package contains 12 detailed TMNT faces; three each of your favorite characters!
- They're perfect for kids and adults alike
- Gently bend paper until the decoration releases If decoration does not release; turn it to release; or gently slide a spatula under icing decoration
- Store in a cool; dry place away from direct sunlight Net weight 13 oz. (38 g) Made in a facility that processes soy and wheat products Made in USA
Wilton 710-2215 Icing Decoration, Royal Flower Rainbow, Mini
- Easily decorate cakes, cupcakes, cookies and more with these mini daisy icing decorations
- Colors: purple, blue, yellow, orange, green, red
- Net weight: 0.33 oz. (9.6 g)
- Quantity: 32 count
- Store in cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight
Santa Hats & Mittens Icing Decorations, 24 Count by Wilton
- Royal icing Santa hats and mittens add fun to holiday treats
- Color: Red and white
- Each decoration measures approximately 5/8 x 3/4 inches
Marshmallow Fondant Recipe & Cake Decorating Tips
Homemade marshmallow fondant is not only inexpensive and easy to make, but it also takes icing a cake to new heights. Try this simple recipe and transform the way you view home-decorated cakes!
Although it looks expensive and difficult, using fondant can actually be a time saver as well as an easy, fun way to decorate your own cakes for birthdays or other special occasions. But don't spend a ton of money buying the boxes of prepackaged fondant from your local craft storeâ€¦not only is it pricey, but it also tastes awful! You can make a simple, inexpensive fondant at home using only three ingredients:
16 oz. mini marshmallows
2 TBSP water
2 lbs powdered sugar
First, sprinkle the water over the marshmallows and microwave them to melt, as if you were making crispy cereal bars. Now you must knead the sugar into the melted marshmallows. Its easiest if you have a heavy duty stand mixer with a dough hook, but it can be done by hand as well. Do not use all the sugar unless you have to. The proper consistency will be about like PlayDoh. If you want to color the entire batch with one color, you can add some paste/gel food color in as you knead. You can also add vanilla or almond extracts or any other flavor you choose during the kneading process. After you have it well kneaded, you will want to wrap it tightly and let it rest for 15-30 minutes.
While working with the marshmallow fondant, have a bit of Crisco or some spray oil handy to keep the work surface, rolling pin, and your hands lightly greased. This will help keep the fondant from sticking and also helps the surface of the fondant maintain a glossy shine. If you find your fondant is still too sticky, knead in a bit more sugar.
To cover a cake, simply roll out a circle of fondant about Â¼" thick and wide enough to cover the top and sides of your cake. Make sure the cake itself has a thin, smooth layer of glaze or icing, and then gently lay the fondant over the cake. Carefully smooth the fondant down the sides, pulling the bottom edge out as you go to avoid wrinkles in the fondant. Then, simply trim away the bottom with a knife.
Fondant is very versatile in making decorations, even if the cake itself is not covered in fondant. A great way for kids to have fun is to get the miniature cookie cutters at your local craft store and cut out colored fondant shapes to decorate the cake with. Stars, dots, or hearts make quick, creative cake decorations. You can roll out long, thin "snakes" and twist them together for a rope or braided border. Or, cut strips of fondant and wrap them around a square cake for an edible "gift". If you liked playing with clay as a kid, you can even put that practice to good use by making cute little fondant figures for the top of your cake! Fondant also is great for "draping" and is very effective for a "baby blanket" for a baby shower or a "dress" on a doll cake. To stick fondant decorations to a fondant covered cake, simply use a new paintbrush with a bit of clear vanilla extract as "glue".
There are stores online with a wealth of fondant information and tools. A simple search using any of the keywords in this paragraph will bring up loads of information and cake supply shops, such as Sugarcraft. You can find press sets that let you make fondant beads (which, dusted with a special pearl cake dust look exactly like real pearls!), lace borders, or even edible doilies for the top of your cake! There are also molds for just about any theme imaginableâ€¦just press fondant in, remove, and place on your cake! If you are really adventurous, there are tools that enable you to cut out flower petals and create realistic looking floral arrangements. When it comes to fondant, the only limits are your imagination!
The best part about homemade marshmallow fondant is that it is cheap, easy to work with, and fun for the whole family to play with (and eat!). Go aheadâ€¦mix up a batch and see how addicting it can be to create a "gourmet" cake!