Bestselling College Entrance Test Guides in 2020
College Placement Test Study Guide: Test Prep Book & Practice Test Questions for College Placement Exams
College Placement Math Success in 20 Minutes a Day: Preparation for the COMPASS, ASSET, and ACCUPLACER Exams
- Learning Express Llc
Hunter College High School Entrance Exam Test Prep Book: 3 Practice Tests & Hunter Test Prep Guide; Hunter College Middle School Test Prep; HCHS ... School Test Book, High School Entrance Tests
The Official SAT Study Guide, 2018 Edition (Official Study Guide for the New Sat)
- COLLEGE BOARD
The Official ACT Prep Guide, 2018: Official Practice Tests + 400 Bonus Questions Online
Cracking the ACT with 6 Practice Tests, 2017 Edition: The Techniques, Practice, and Review You Need to Score Higher (College Test Preparation)
- Princeton Review
Cracking the AP Chemistry Exam, 2018 Edition: Proven Techniques to Help You Score a 5 (College Test Preparation)
- PRINCETON REVIEW
Cracking the AP U.S. History Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
- PRINCETON REVIEW
Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018
Cracking the SAT Premium Edition with 7 Practice Tests, 2018: The All-in-One Solution for Your Highest Possible Score (College Test Preparation)
- Princeton Review
ATI TEAS Secrets Study Guide: TEAS 6 Complete Study Manual, Full-Length Practice Tests, Review Video
- Practice Tests
- Video tutorial portal
- Secrets to Test Taking
- Steps to Reduce Test Anxiety
Cracking the AP World History Exam 2018, Premium Edition (College Test Preparation)
The Official SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2 Study Guide
College Tips: Top 10 Reasons to Live On-Campus
This article outlines ten reasons why it is beneficial for college students to live on-campus.
1. People- It's so easy to make friends when you live on campus, because you are constantly around students who are just like you. Your hall will have an RA (resident assistant) on duty at all times, and these people are students who are there to mentor you, help you make friends and provide you with fun activities. For example, one of my RA's planned a cookout with football, and I met some of my best friends through that social event!
2. Close to Class- Being close to class is a huge advantage when it comes to college. Instead of fighting over a parking space, you can take your time to get ready in the morning, socialize with your friends and then get a good exercise by walking to your building. This will save you time and gas money!
3. Organizations- When you live on campus, it's very easy to find a club or organization to get involved with. For me, it was the step team. By living on campus, I was able to attend every meeting and hang out with my friends who were on the team with me.
4. Independence- Everyone looks forward to the day when they get to live on their own, away from their family. Not only do you get a chance to be free, but you can learn how to live on your own and grow. It allows you to discover who you really are and what you want to do with your life.
5. Studying Made Easy- Study groups are constantly being held all over campus, especially at the library, so it's much easier to get your schoolwork done and to be held accountable. The school library also contains everything you need to get your work done, including copiers, printers, computers, etc.
6. Roommate- Having a roommate is vital to the college experience. This is when you learn to set aside your differences and cooperate with people by learning more about them and how they function. Since most of us will have to work with someone that we don't particular like in the future, having a roommate will help you expand your social skills.
7. Close Proximity to Everything- Since most colleges are built into areas that have a lot of restaurants and nightlife, you're guaranteed to never be bored! You can practically walk to everything that you need, so even if you don't have a car, you won't be left with nothing.
8. Resources- With college staff constantly on campus, you always have someone to talk to. Whether you need help with your schoolwork or you're looking to receive some career advice, all of these offices can be found on your campus. You'll be more motivated to visit them if you live within walking distance!
9. Safety- Campus police are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can feel safe. Every campus is also equipped with emergency stations around campus where you can push a button and an officer will come to you within one or two minutes. The campus police also hold self defense classes sometimes, so you can participate in those to receive more safety information.
10. Team Spirit- Most students who live on campus attend sporting events and go 'all out' for them. Since the venues are usually right on the campus, you don't have to worry about parking, and as a student, you can sit in the madness of the student section!
Take advantage of living on campus and use it as a valuable learning experience! It's a decision you won't regret!