Bestselling Cloth Diaper Laundry Detergent in 2020
Molly's Suds Cloth Diaper Laundry Powder 32 loads- Perfect for Baby Laundry, All Natural, Free of Parabens and Harsh Chemicals
- Based on the Real Diaper Association's recommended ingredients and wash routine
- No harsh chemicals, no fillers, no essential oils, no enzymes, no fragrance
- Safe and gentle for sensitive skin. Safe for septic systems and High Efficiency (HE) washers
- Brightens and removes stains naturally
- Perfect for all baby laundry
Natural HE Powder Laundry Detergent by Rockin' Green, Perfect for Cloth Diapers, Classic Rock Formula for Normal Water, 90 Loads, 45 oz, Unscented ($0.22/Load)
- NEW PACKAGING, STILL THE BEST LAUNDRY SOAP - Gentle yet powerful, Rockin' Green Classic Rock Laundry Detergent is a safe, strong, plant-based clean rinsing natural detergent for people with soft to moderate water. Great for weekly basics, bedding or as a cloth diaper detergent.
- KID-FRIENDLY - Our natural laundry detergent is ideal for sensitive skin, chemical sensitivities, and allergic temperaments. Baby and kid safe, it also rocks on delicates and as a cloth diaper detergent too.
- CONCENTRATED FORMULA - Rockin' Green Classic Rock Laundry Detergent powder is highly concentrated and kicks butt as a laundry soap HE for efficient machines. Contains no fillers or dyes, so all you need is a few tablespoons per load. One bag is enough for up to 90 loads.
- ROCKIN' NATURAL DETERGENT - Our Classic Rock Laundry Detergent powder is free from phosphates, bleach, dyes, optical brighteners, parabens and SLS / SLES. Vegan, gluten free, biodegradable, and never tested on animals.
- JOIN THE ROCKIN' FAMILY - We can all do our part to make the Earth a better place - we do ours by rockin' the clean so YOU can rock the green!
Rockin' Green Natural HE Powder Laundry Detergent for Hard Water, Perfect for Cloth Diapers, 90 Loads, Unscented, 45 oz ($0.22/load)
- FRAGRANCE FREE - Our unscented natural laundry detergent is ideal for sensitive skin, chemical sensitivities, allergic temperaments or anyone with a nose that knows it doesnt want a fragrant laundry soap.
- CONCENTRATED FORMULA - Rockin Green Hard Rock Laundry Detergent powder is highly concentrated and kicks butt as a laundry soap HE for efficient machines. Contains no fillers or dyes, so all you need is a few tablespoons per load. One bag is enough for up to 90 loads.
- FOR KIN AND KIDDOS - Get a powerful, plant-based clean whether youre washing your weekly basics, or using our laundry soap as a cloth diaper detergent. Baby and kid safe, and great on delicates too.
- NATURAL DETERGENT FOR ALL - Our Hard Rock Laundry Detergent powder is free from phosphates, bleach, dyes, fragrances, optical brighteners, parabens and SLS / SLES. Vegan, gluten free, biodegradable, and never tested on animals.
- JOIN THE ROCKIN FAMILY - We can all do our part to make the Earth a better place we do ours by rockin the clean so YOU can rock the green!
Charlie’s Soap – Fragrance Free Powdered Laundry Detergent – 100 Loads (2.64 lbs, 1 Pack)
Rockin' Green Funk Rock Ammonia Bouncer - Natural Laundry Pre-Treatment Powder - Non-Toxic Bouncer for Pre-Wash or Pre-Soaking Athletic Gear, Cloth Diapers, and Other Funky Smelling Laundry (16 oz.)
- NATURAL LAUNDRY PRETREATMENT - Do you have funky smelling laundry? Stinky athletic gear? Ammonia problems in your cloth diapers that make your eyes water? You need Funk Rock Ammonia Bouncer!
- ADD TO PRE-WASH CYCLE - Just add 1 tbsp of Funk Rock and use the pre-wash cycle in your washing machine to eliminate stinky build-up and keep it from coming back. Awesome cloth diaper detergent pre-wash or for pretreating sportswear and other extra icky items before tossing them all in the regular cycle.
- USE AS A DEEP CLEANING SOAK - Sometimes intense cleaning is needed, and we know it. For a deeper clean, use a couple of tablespoons of Funk Rock Ammonia Bouncer powder in water to soak your stinkiest of stinky things.
- NON-TOXIC FOR NO FUNK - Rockin' Green Funk Rock is a plant-based, natural laundry pre-treatment with NO phosphates, parabens, optical brighteners, SLS/SLES, or artificial fragrances. Non-toxic, vegan, and totally biodegradable.
- JOIN THE ROCKIN' FAMILY - We can all do our part to make the Earth a better place... we do ours by rockin' the clean so YOU can rock the green!
GroVia Mighty Bubbles Laundry Treatment for Baby Cloth Diapers (10 count)
- Designed specifically for cloth diapers: This uniquely formulated powder treatment is used to remove buildup of urine and minerals from cloth diapers and garments. The pod will dissolve completely in the washing machine, but please NOTE this is NOT a detergent.
- Easy to use: For use on clean cloth diapers. Place one pod in washer with diapers, no other detergent is needed. Run a regular hot wash with one extra rinse. Once diapers are clean of stains, return to a simple wash routine that uses enough detergent. Mighty Bubbles may be used in addition to a normal wash routine every several weeks to keep your diapers clean and buildup-free.
- Safe for use: Made without ammonia, alcohol, ethers, and Phosphate. Safe for all washers, and is HE compliant.
- Natural ingredients: Sodium carbonate, Sodium percarbonate, Sodium polyitaconate, Surfactants, Enzymes, Oxygen bleach activator, Sodium silicate
- High standards: Made in the USA and never tested on animals.
Laundry Detergent Powder, Natural - HE Natural Laundry Detergent Clear and Free of Fillers and Chemicals - Sensitive Washing Detergent Safe for Babies - Country Save Laundry Detergent, 10 lbs
Laundry Treatmnt Rlr Size 2s
- Makes whites whiter and colors brighter, fabrics last longer
- Not a bleach, blueing or detergent
- Removes dried-in mineral deposits and detergent residue from clothing
- No phosphates, non-polluting, bio-degradable
- Made in USA
Babyganics 3X Baby Laundry Detergent, Fragrance Free, 60 Fluid Ounce
- Formulated without: optical brighteners, 1,4 dioxane, chlorine, phthalates, phosphates, sulfates, fragrances or dyes
- Formulated with: Plant-derived ingredients
- Triple concentrated detergent, HE compatible
- Safe for cloth diapers
- Stain fighting
- Non-allergenic - Dermatologist Tested - Product not tested on animals
Seventh Generation Baby Concentrated Laundry Detergent, Fresh Scent, 40 oz, 2 Pack (106 Loads)
- Concentrated baby laundry detergent made to target tough baby stains.
- Quadruple-enzyme stain fighting formula for premium stain targeting performance.
- Fresh scented fragrance derived from 100% essential oils and botanical extracts.
- 0% synthetic fragrances, dyes or artificial brighteners.
- USDA certified biobased product 95%, Great for baby's clothes, cloth diapers, towels and blankets.Use dispenser for HE washers
Country Save All Natural Laundry Detergent 5 lb Box (Pack of 2)
- SAFE and GENTLE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN - Country Save HE washing powder natural detergent is fragrance free and dye free. A hypoallergenic laundry detergent that is safe for sensitive skin and effective in removing stains
- COMPATIBLE WITH REGULAR and HE MACHINES - Our filler free detergent works well with regular and High Efficiency machines (top load or front load). It's an effective detergent laundry eco friendly and gentle even on baby's skin
- EPA CERTIFIED; PACK OF 2 (5 lbs each box) - 100% Phosphate free and environment friendly ingredients make this laundry detergent for baby and adult clothes biodegradable and EPA Certified. Get 2 boxes of our toxin free detergent, 5 lbs of concentrated unscented laundry powder
- LOW SUDS FORMULA - With low-suds formula, this laundry detergent free from harmful chemicals is septic tank safe. It dissolves and rinses out completely and leaves NO residue on clothes or cloth diapers
- WORKS WELL IN SOFT and HARD WATER - Our powder laundry detergent leaves your clothes as clean and soft as you've always wanted without any additional fabric softeners
Natural Liquid Laundry Detergent by Rockin' Green, Gentle Yet Powerful Laundry Soap, HE Rated - Up to 80 Loads Per Bottle, Lavender Mint (60 oz)
Biokleen Laundry Detergent Liquid, Concentrated, Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic, Plant-Based, No Artificial Fragrance, Colors or Preservatives, Citrus Essence, 64 Ounces - 128 HE Loads/64 Standard Loads
- Truly 3X Concentrated
- Cleans tough stains and odors
- Leaves no residue or harsh scent
- No artificial fragrance or colors
Family Cloth: Not a Sustainable, Hygeinic Alternative to Toilet Paper
Even as an advocate of green living and cloth diapering, I found family cloth to be unhygeinic and unsustainable as an alternative to toilet paper.
Unlike disposable diapers, toilet paper does not have an extremely severe impact on the planet. Though a diaper will sit in a landfill for hundreds, or even thousands, of years, toilet paper is soft, malleable, and generally biodegradable. The process for manufacturing toilet paper is also not as "dirty" as disposable diapers, since they are not made from synthetic organics, plastics, gels, or harsh fragrances. While some families still choose to ues family cloth, they should be aware of the fact that it does not address an ecological crisis to the same degree that other reusable products-- like shopping bags and coffee mugs-- might.
When I did finally decide to try family cloth, I was surprised by how grossed out I was by the entire process. I don't mind rinsing poo out of my daughters' diapers and tossing them in the wash, but the procedure is much more gag-worthy when it's my own grown-up droppings (or, worse, my husband's) going into the machine. Let's face it: human poop smells like, well, poop. While some people are able to overcome "fecophobia" enough to toss poo-covered cloth into the wash, I had difficulty stomaching the idea.
Like cloth diapers, family cloth requires a pre-rinse or two before it can be washed effectively by a conventional washing machine. Most green living parents agree that the ecological effects of disposable diapers are far worse than the effects of using a washing machine for cloth diapers. However, since the ecological impact of toilet paper is relatively minimal, family cloth may actually harm the environment more than it helps unless it is simply included in other double-rinse laundry loads.
If you choose to wash family cloth as a separate laundry load, the financial cost also adds up. Because my landlord insisted that we refrain from hanging clothes to dry outside, I knew that I would have to use my energy-hog dryer for drying our new toilet paper substitutes. This ended up bumping my power bill to $30 above our family's average-- a significant jump for an energy-efficient home. I quickly found that I was paying more to wash and dry my family cloth than I would pay to buy the equivalent amount of recycled toilet paper.
Family cloth had another huge drawback. No matter how thoroughly I washed and double-rinsed the wipes, they still seemed to retain built-up ammonia and detergent. The thought is icky enough, but it was especially troublesome when I found that I was experiencing near-constant irritation as a result. I imagine that prolonged use of family cloth might result in urinary tract infections or bacterial vaginosis for many women, and the supposed ecological benefits are not worth the risk.
While some people may use cold water or hand-washing to clean family cloth, I was not interested in exploring any of these options, since even hot-water machine washing could not clean family cloth to my satisfaction. Slight buildup of ammonia or detergent is not a serious problem for cloth diapers, since they to not come in close, direct contact with sensitive tissue to the degree that family cloth will. These common complaints, while tolerable in my daughter's diapers, made family cloth completely unacceptable for my family.
Even as a passionate environmentalist in favor of radical sustainability, I ultimately determined that family cloth was not a sustainable or practical alternative to toilet paper for my family's needs and lifestyle. Though I am content to continue living as sustainably as I can, family cloth is not a product that I intend to keep on hand.