Bestselling Camping Bear Protection Products in 2020
A2S Protection Paracord Bracelet K2-Peak – Survival Gear Kit with Embedded Compass, Fire Starter, Emergency Knife & Whistle (Black/Red 8.5")
Repel 100 Insect Repellent, Pump Spray, 4-Ounce
- REPELS: Create a barrier against mosquitoes, including those that may transmit the Zika, West Nile, Dengue and Chikungunya viruses, ticks, gnats, biting flies, chiggers and fleas.
- FORMULATED FOR SEVERE INSECT CONDITIONS: Contains 98.11% DEET for protection in heavily infested conditions.
- PROTECTS FOR UP TO 10 HOURS: Enjoy the outdoors without the bite - provides long-lasting protection, so you don't have to limit your adventure because of bugs.
- ALSO REPELS TICKS, GNATS, BITING FLIES, CHIGGERS & FLEAS: Create a barrier against annoying bugs that can spoil the outdoors.
- PUMP SPRAY: Perfect for outdoor travel - the compact size stores perfectly with whatever adventure gear you're taking that day.
Coghlan's Bear Bell with Magnetic Silencer, Black
- Bell with magnetic silencer rings warning of your presence to bears and other animals when moving around, hiking, or walking outside
- Magnet in bag eliminates noise when not in use
- Attaches to clothing, boot, hat, daypack and backpack with a hook and loop closure
Frontiersman Bear Spray - Maximum Strength & Maximum Range - 30 Feet (7.9 oz)
- MAXIMUM STOPPING POWER - Maximum strength (2.0% major capsaicinoids) allowed by EPA and Health Canada - strength guaranteed by SABRE in-house HPLC lab eliminating the 30% failures experienced by other brands (Univ of Utah study)
- GREATER PROTECTION AT A SAFE DISTANCE - 30-foot/9 m range (7.9 oz) with large barrier (up to 45 grams per second) for optimal protection. Make sure you include Frontiersman Bear Spray as a standard part of your hiking gear
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE - Rapidly delivers a heavy fog of spray for added defense. Accuracy and efficiency is improved helping you and your party stay safe
- LONG LASTING -Full strength, 3-year shelf life from date of manufacture - each can is labeled with manufacturing date so you are confident before hitting the trail. Stay safe and confident from one season to the next
- FIELD PROVEN EFFECTIVENESS - Field tested and proven effective by Elmendorf Air Force Base (Elmendorf, AK) and Brown Bear Resources (Missoula, MT). Frontiersman Bear Spray is effective against Black, Brown and Polar bears
Premier Bear QuikFence Electric Net Fence, White, 12/35/12-35" H x 50'L
- Repels bears and other varmints in both wet and dry fencing conditions. Effective in protecting bee apiary.
- FENCE MUST BE PROPERLY ENERGIZED TO BE EFFECTIVE. Energizer is not included. Recommend approximately .25 joule of energizer per roll of fence. Use only low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizers. Warning! Do NOT use continuous current energizers with electric netting.
- Net fence is Pos/Neg capable for dry soils. Highly conductive. 10 times more conductive than electric netting with only stainless steel conductor strands.
- Drivable posts with reinforced caps and special ground spike enables it to be tapped into hard soil with a mallet or dead blow hammer. Recommend additional non-conductive support posts (Premier 35" FiberTuff posts, Item 208053 on Amazon) at ends and corners.
- Sets up in approximately 15 minutes. Multiple rolls of netting may easily be connected together.
Swiss Safe Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (4-Pack) + Bonus Signature Gold Foil Space Blanket: Designed for NASA, Outdoors, Hiking, Survival, Marathons or First Aid
- FOUR MYLAR EMERGENCY BLANKETS (Silver) - Advanced dual-sided aluminized mylar blankets.
- BONUS GOLD SPACE BLANKET - Each package includes ONE EXTRA GOLD colored space blanket.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE - Military-grade 12-micron aluminized polyethylene mylar, 52"x82" & 2 oz.
- EMERGENCY USE - Designed to retain up 90% of your body heat, completely block rain, snow, moisture.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Swiss Safe Guarantees customer satisfaction or receive a 100% refund.
Siskiyou Gifts Co, Inc. Chicago Bears Wrap Sunglasses
- Officially licensed product
- Maximum UVA/UVB protection
- Flex hinges for comfort and durability
- Rubber Sport grips
- One side features the Primary logo and the other the team name
- Officially licensed NFL merchandise.
- 100 UVA/UVB protection.
- Team wordmark on one arm and teams primary logo on the opposite arm.
- Team colored rubber accents on each arm.
Mace Brand Self Defense Triple Action Self Defense Police Strength Pepper Spray
- Triple Action Formula of OC Pepper, Tear Gas, and UV Dye
- Net weight: 11 grams
- Stream pattern sprays upto 10-feet
- Upto 15 2-3 second bursts
- Flip-top safety cap to prevent accidental spraying, finger grip, key chain
B A S U eAlarm+ with Tripwire Hook, Emergency Personal Alarm, Battery Included, Carabiner Included, Ranger Green
- 130 dB Siren (As Loud as an Ambulance)
- COMPACT: Only 3.4 x 1.22 x 0.51 in. + TSA APPROVED
- LIGHT WEIGHT: Less than 1 Ounce (Lighter than pack of Chewing Gum)
- LONG LASTING BATTERY: 1 Year (Included)
- QUALITY MANUFACTURING: 1 Year Guarantee
Thermacell MR150 Portable Mosquito Repeller, Contains Fuel Cartridge and 3 Mosquito Repellent Mats Providing 15-ft Zone of Protection for 12 Hours of Mosquito-Free Relief; DEET-Free, No Spray
Mace Brand Self Defense Police Strength Pepper Spray Personal Model
- 10% OC Pepper Formula - Oleoresin Capsicum is a natually ocurring substance, derived from hot peppers
- UV Dye - leaves an invisible marker on a target, which may help law-enforcement identify an attacker
- Stream spray pattern, with upto 12-foot range
- Upto 20 2-3 second bursts
- Flip-top safety cap to prevent accidental spraying, finger grip, key chain
SABRE Frontiersman Bear Spray 7.9 oz (Holster Options & Multi-Pack Options) - Maximum Strength, Maximum Range & Greatest Protective Barrier Per Burst! - Effective Against All Types of Bears
Chill Gorilla 10x10 Hammock Waterproof Rain Fly Tent Tarp 170" Centerline. Ripstop Nylon & Not Polyester Cover. Stakes Included. Survival Gear Backpacking Camping Camp Accessories. Green
- SUPER-FLY IS OUR MOST VERSATILE RAINFLY. 2 CENTERLINES, 9 TIE DOWNS. INCLUDES STAKES, ROPES AND TENSIONERS! Truly waterproof in a torrential downpour! 170" long diagonal ridgeline keeps you dry; Bear Butt centerline only 142"! Easily covers enos doublenest hammock. SQUARE DESIGN = MORE COVERAGE & SETUP OPTIONS THAN DIAMOND FLYS. Use with double hammocks, mosquito & bug nets, tents, underquilt, camp / sleeping outdoors, fishing or as ultralight sun canopy. Fits in your backpack. GET YOURS TODAY!
- UNBELIEVABLE WATER SHEDDING WITH TRUE ALL WEATHER PROTECTION. Polyurethane-treated ripstop nylon offers long-lasting protection, instant shade, and is perfect for sudden downpours or building a water-front basecamp or emergency shelter. Square shape with 9 guy points gives you the ultimate rain fly with a LONG 170" CENTERLINE and can be pitched in multiple configurations. Keep in your pack, car, truck, motorcycle, boat, and ATV so you are always ready. HURRY, Click the ADD TO CART Button Now!
- LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE, VERSATILE, INDESTRUCTIBLY BUILT & BACKPACKER APPROVED. 9 tie double tie downs for multiple anchoring points our hammock tarp is ideal for hiking, camping, backpacking, cycling, boating, sporting events, festivals and travelling. Sets up in minutes. Comes with a rain proof gear sack, making it convenient to take on trips or store when not in use. Chill Gorilla gear is practical, reliable, lightweight and durable. DON'T WAIT, GET YOURS TODAY!
- CHILL GORILLA CRUSHES COMPETITION ESPECIALLY SMALL DIAMOND TARPS (Diamonds = poor coverage, little rain protection & only 1 configuration) Compare to BearButt (it's a diamond, not even ripstop), ENO, Kelty Noah, Outad, Eagle Nest Outfitters, Triwonder, Golden, Fox, Free Soldier, YuEdge, Ultimate Survival Technologies, W-UpBird, Hennessy, Grand Trunk, Kammok, Eureka, Terra Hiker, Unigear, Pro Venture, Wise Owl, TNH, Anyoo, Bushcraft, Kodiak, UST, NHO, Legit, Foxelli. BEST VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY!
- HASSLE FREE WARRANTY: This quality lightweight product is covered by Chill Gorilla's Hassle Free Warranty which you can register for on our website. Our customer service team is here for you and happy to help answer ANY questions you may have in less than 24 hours. Just copy-paste this link into your browser: http://amzn.to/2f1wPOB
Black Bear vs. Grizzly Bear Attacks: Surviving By Being Educated
Because of the difference in their natures, you should know a little about the cause and response to black bear and grizzly bear attacks.
Both bears are predatory as well as vegetation eaters, but humans are not generally on the list of menu items for grizzly bears while a black bear may see the human meat as a potential meal. While attacks are uncommon, bears can and do attack humans so it is important to know what to do should you be attacked. There are two types of attack you may encounter by a bear, the predatory attack or the surprise attack. The surprise attack occurs when hikers not paying attention and are walking into the wind may walk within 10 - 20 feet of a grizzly bear unnoticed.
This startles the grizzly bear which then attacks out of response to a possible threat. In this type of attack you should lay down and play dead, this enforces to the grizzly that you are not a threat and will most often walk away once the perceived threat is gone. You should remain laying there until the bear has left the area. The predatory attack on the other hand is generally known to occur by a black bear and is it's natural method of hunting food. In other words, if you are being stalked by a black bear then you are likely a mental photo of his menu for the evening. If you are attacked by a black bear, the recommended response is just the opposite that of a grizzly attack, and you should fight back as if your life depends on it. Using a stick, rocks, fists and fingers, fight with all your might. Most predatory animals, although they typically exert themselves in the process of killing their prey, they prefer not to have to fight for their food and if you put up a strong enough fight, again they will likely leave you alone.
Distinction between the two bears is difficult, but when it comes to black bear vs grizzly bear attacks then identification is important in understanding the attack. Both grizzly and black bears can be black, brown, blond, or even albino, and many are called Cinnamon by their variety of brown shades. Grizzly bears have a shoulder hump that Black Bears lack, black bears have a straight profile from forehead to tip of nose where grizzly bears have a dip from the forehead to the nose. Grizzly bears also have smaller rounded ears and Black bears have larger pointed ears.
Black bears have a wider range, they are in the southern Rockies, in the southern and northern wooded areas as well as into some areas where polar bears exist. Before you go hiking in the wilderness where black bear and grizzly bear territories cross, you should familiarize yourself with the identification of the different types of bears as well as to train yourself to be alert to what is around you. Most grizzly bear attacks occur when hikers walk within a few yards of grizzles unaware of their presence in the area. one important resource with pictures is here: