Bestselling Cable & Wire Rope in 2020
Forney 70452 Wire Rope, Vinyl Coated Aircraft Cable, 250-Feet-by-1/8-Inch thru 3/16-Inch
- 250 feet vinyl coated galvanized wire rope aircraft cable
- On plastic reel
- Breaking strength: 1,700-Pounds
- Not suitable for overhead lifting
- Is not intended for aircraft use but is designed for industrial and marine applications
- Spool, vinyl coated wire rope 7x7 Aircraft Cable, Breaking Strength 1,700 Lbs. (771.11 Kg) . WLL 340 Lbs. (154.2 Kg.)
KJXXKJ Stainless Steel Globe lights Kit,String Light Suspension Kit,Outdoor Light Guide Wire,Includ 150 FT Wire Rope Cable,Turnbuckle and hooks
Koch 002123 1/8 by 500-Feet 7 by 7 Cable, Galvanized
- 1/8-Inch diameter, 500-Feet length
- Maximum load: 340-Pound
- Galvanized cable
- Medium strength, medium flexibility, good abrasion resistance
- Not intended for use in aircraft controls
Belio String Light Hanging Kit?Stainless Steel Cable for Outdoor Lights?Globe String Light Suspension Kit Include 164 FT Wire Rope Cable Turnbuckle and Hooks
String Light Hanging Kit With Zip Ties For Outdoor Patio Globes - 164 ft Stainless Steel 304 DIY Suspension Cable System - Black Vinyl-Coated Guide Wire Rope, Snap Hooks, Tension Turnbuckles, Pad Eyes
ANDOT Outdoor Hanging Light Kit, 1/16Inch,7x7, 130ft Globe String Lights Suspension Kit, 304 Stainless Steel Cable,String Lights Outdoor Rope Perfect for Patio, Garden
Happybuy Stainless Steel Cable 500ft 1/8 1x19 Steel Cable Wire Rope Grade 316 Cable Railing (T316)
- Stainless steel cable1/8" diameter x 500 feet
- Steel cable 2506 lb. breaking strength
- Type 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel Cable
- 1x19 stainless cable is used for straight cable runs and cable runs with slight bends. 19 individual wires are twisted to form the wire stand
- Cable railing used for rigging, hoisting, push-pull, and guying applications
Senmit Globe String Lights Suspension Kit, Outdoor Light Guide Wire,Vinyl Coated Stainless Steel Steel Cable, 164 ft with Turnbuckle and Hooks
- [Steel Cable UPDATE]-Updated Stainless steel cable bare OD is 1/16". Coated OD is 3/32".Breaking strength 480lb. Now they are strong and durable to hold up a long distance.
- [High-Quality Material]All parts are made of stainless steel, Each part is carefully selected and tested several times. Suitable for outdoor use and never rust.
- [Easy Installation]- Each part is threaded and requires no additional tools to complete the project. Also easy to disassemble
- [Adjustable Length]-Stainless steel Cable can be trimmed to any desired length.
- [One Year Warranty ]Included 12 Pcs Tape Screws and 15 Pcs Zip ties
String Light Suspension Kit, Outdoor Light Hanging Accessories, Stainless Steel Globe lights Kit, with 164Ft Wire Rope Cable, for Hanging String Light, Paper flower, Lantern Light(with User Mannul)
ALEKO WR3/8G7X19F250 3/8 Inch Diameter 7 x 19 Strand Galvanized Aircraft Steel Cable Wire Rope 250 Feet
- ALEKO's galvanized aircraft steel cable rope is of a style made to secure an airplane in place, but is commonly used for commercial, industrial, and personal purposes
- Aircraft wire can be used to protect your property, bind construction materials, and more
- 7 x 19 strand core construction is flexible while still being much stronger than average wire rope
- Great strength and flexibility with a minimum breaking strength of 14500 pounds
- Product dimensions: 3/8 inch diameter and 250 feet long
Globe String Light Suspension Kit, Ourdoor String Lights Guide Wire Hanging Kit. 110 ft Cable with Turnbuckles Pad Eyes and Hooks
- This string light suspension kit includes 110ft wire rope, 2pcs turnbuckles, 2pcs snap hooks, 4pcs pad eyes with screws and 8pcs lock clamps.
- All the items are made of 304 stainless steel, they are weatherproof, anti-rusty and heavy duty.
- The wire rope is 110ft in length and 1/16inch in diameter, PVC coated. It's more safe with coating, avoid accident if your string light leakage in rainy day.
- Convenient to assemble/disassemble and easy to adjust the tension of cable by using the snap hook and hook-eye turnbuckle.
- This outdoor light hanging kit has everything you needed for setting up your light hanging system. Perfect for hanging outdoor string lights or any heavy lights with hooks. You can decorate your garden/back-yard anyway as you wanted.
eBoot 100 Pieces Aluminum Crimping Loop Sleeve for 1/16 Inch Diameter Wire Rope and Cable
- Made of aluminum
- Lock both ends of the guide wire by vise, pliers, compression tools
- Economical solution for fixing and transporting general purpose cable
- Suitable for dog leashes, clothes lines or anything else that require strong cable
- Fit for steel wire rope (diameter: 1.6 mm/ 1/ 16 inch or a bit bigger)
DasMarine Stainless Aircraft Steel Wire Rope Cable for Railing,Decking, DIY Balustrade, 1/8Inch,7x7 (1/8Inch, 7x7, 164FT)
- The Cable is stainless steel for maximum durability, strength and weather protection.
- 7x7 construction (7 groups of 7 strands braided together to form the cable), which is flexible. Good type of cable for handling bends and corners on cable railings.
- Suitable for 1/8" hand-crimp cable railing fittings; Require assorted railing Kit which include Jaw Swage Fork, turnbuckle, crimping Loop Sleeve, thimble
- The wire is easy to work with, and has a low co-efficient of stretch.
- Its ease of use makes it excellent for use with Thimble and Ferrule fittings as well as hydraulically swaged fittings.
Synthetic Winch Line Vs. Steel Cable
So, it's time to replace your winch line, and you are wondering whether to shell out the extra cash for synthetic line, or go with the tried and true cable.
Choosing synthetic line does have its advantages, but price is not one of them. Synthetic nylon winch line costs about twice as much as traditional steel cable for the same length. However, its light weight and compact properties allow for more line on the spool, which means reaching extraction points that are further from the vehicle if necessary.
Nylon winch line is also much safer in general, because if it should happen to snap during an extraction, we do not have to worry about it coming through the windshield or injuring a bystander. Steel cable stores energy, and when it snaps things can get very violent very quickly. Nylon winch line will simply fall to the ground.
We are also less likely to receive cuts from nylon line, because if it frays there aren't any sharp edges protruding. Steel cable can cause some pretty nasty slices if heavy gloves are not worn. However, it is still highly recommended to wear gloves during any extraction.
Steel cable winch line is heavier and does not compact well like synthetic line, which equates to less recovery distance. However, most of us like it because it is what we have always known, and it's relatively cheap and very strong.
As mentioned, steel cable can be very dangerous if it snaps. However, if used correctly and safely, accidents rarely happens. It is good practice to use a line weight (such as a heavy jacket or backpack) while winching to prevent injury from wildly flying cable. And because cable frays are very sharp, we have to be on our toes so that we avoid getting cut.
Also, when re-spooling the cable onto the winch drum, we have to be careful that we reel it in side-to-side to avoid lumping it up on one end of the spool and tangling it horribly. While the same basic idea applies to nylon winch line, it is far less likely to become a bird's nest mess in an extraction.
In the end, synthetic nylon winch line is totally the way to go, if you have the means. It's lightweight, safe, and strong. Steel cable is of course still a wonderful tool, and will continue to be the favorite of many off-road enthusiasts. It won't rust, it's extremely strong, and it won't break the wallet like nylon line will. Whichever decision you make, be careful out there, and keep safety in mind. Wheeling is a blast, and getting back to camp in one piece is even cooler!