Bestselling Bike Seat Packs in 2020
BV Bicycle Y-Series Strap-On Bike Saddle Bag / Bicycle Seat Pack Bag, Cycling Wedge with Multi-Size Options (Medium)
- This medium saddle bag is part of the BV Y-Series that includes four different sizes: large, medium, small and extra small.
- This medium sized version with a big zippered mouth allows riders to bring along your necessary items while biking!
- Stores items such as keys, a phone, snacks, listening devices (iPods, etc.), smaller cameras, a wallet, and more!
- The big zippered opening is design for easy access with a light clip on the outside (taillight), a mesh pocket inside, and an elastic strap inside for holding smaller items more securely.
Topeak TC2261B Aero Wedge Pack with Strap Mount, Medium
BV Bicycle Strap-On Bike Saddle Bag/Seat Bag/Cycling Bag
OUTON Waterproof Bicycle Saddle Bag Strap-on Bag Rainproof Mountain Road MTB Saddle Pouch Bike Under Seat Pack Cycling Tail Bag Bicycle Repair Tools Pocket Pack(Classic Version)
Lumintrail Strap-on Bike Saddle Bag Bicycle Cycling Under Seat Pack Medium or Large (Large)
- COMPACT BUT ROOMY: Lumintrail saddle bag fits neatly under bike seat. One large main compartment with key clip and mesh pocket and and 2 smaller side compartments conveniently store essentials.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: 100% polyester weather resistant material keeps contents safe
- QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION - Tool-free "Snap-on" design with two adjustable velcro straps attach to saddle and seatpost in seconds and hold bag firmly in place.
- ADDED SECURITY: Reflective strips on three sides and tail light loop for increased night time visibility
- Available in Medium (8"(L)x4.5"(H)x2"(D) or Large (9"(L)X4.5"(H)X2.25"(D))
Social Ride Cycle Co. Seat Pack, Seat Post Bag, Bicycle Seat Bag in Exciting Colors (Red)
- EIGHT EXCITING COLORS - Express your individual style with 6 vibrant color options
- STAY SAFE - A reflective strip and tail light strap keep you visible
- WATER RESISTANT - Made from a Durable Polyester blend to keep your essential gear safe from the elements
- EASY INSTALLATION - Attaches in seconds with snap-in buckles and a Velcro strap
- SMALL BIKE BAG - 6.5 x 3.5 x 4.5 inches (L x W x H)
MOREZONE Bike Triangle Frame Bag, Bicycle Pouch Under Seat Top Tube Pack Water Resistant (L)
NEWBOLER Bicycle Saddle Bag Bike Seat Bag Under Seat Packs Tail Pouch Cycling Road Backpack10L
- CAPACITY : 3-10 L adjustable capacity, a better choice for the replacement of backpack.
- BEARING : inside items's weight should less than 8 kg ( 17.6 lb ) and bag will not hit the tire.
- ANTI-TEARING, made of 900 D polyester.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Velcro straps and buckles are easy for installation and unloading, no mounting tools need.
- GUARANTEE & DIMENSION: We stand behind our products 100% with a One Year Warranty. We do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. Weight: 0.457 kg / 1.0 lb / Size: 23.23*6.3*5.12 inch
JOY COLORFUL Bicycle Bags Front Tube Frame Cycling Packages Touch Screen Mobile Phone Bags Professional Accessories, Blue, Large
- Classical design style and colorful color
- Clear pv mobile phone pocket
- Never deformed material
- Humanized storage design
- Audio extension cable
Bushwhacker Ketchum Black - Bicycle Frame Bag Cycling Triangle Pack Bike Under Seat Top Tube Bag - w/ Reflective Trim
- Attaches to your frame with a 4-point mounting system.
- One long zippered compartment.
- Reflective trim increases visibility.
- Dimensions: 8" L x 2" W x 7.5" H
- Constructed with 600 denier polyester rip-stop material.
Ideashop Waterproof Bike Bicycle Saddle Bag Seat Bag Under Seat Packs Tail Pouch Cycling Bicycle Mountain Road MTB Bike Bicycle 10L Bike Seat Tail Bag (10L)
AmazonBasics Strap-On Wedge Saddle Bag for Cycling - Medium
- Medium cycling wedge saddle bag easily connects under bike seat and to seat post
- Reflective safety strip for increased visibility; tail-light loop for optional rear light (not included)
- Weather-resistant material helps protect stored items; durable zipper closure
- Holds a few essentials like a phone, wallet, small bike pump, cable lock, and L-wrench set (not included)
- Measures approximately 4 by 5 by 7.5 inches
Iapetus Bike Bag Waterproof Bike Seat Pack & MTB Cycling Eva Bag Saddle with Muti-Colors,Big Enough for Bicycle Repair Tool,Reflective Material Ensures Safety (Black)
- PERFECT MATCH: personalized printing luminous pattern and off-road style patterns, so there is no sense of violation with the bike frame. 5 kinds of dynamic colors for you to choose from.
- TAIL DESIGN :The tail has a safety reflective warning sign, and the tail lamp can also be hung in the cycling bag.
- HIGH QUALITY:The bike bag is made of Hard shell technology to anti shock and drop,waterproof zipper to anti water and sweat. Let you travel over land and water with no scruples.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION: Equipped with a stable rear seat cushion bracket, bags can be disassembled by key with a simple way of installation.
- BIG ROOM: To meet your needs, load the repairing tools you can't carry with you.Design of embedded elastic mesh bag to help you receive all kinds of goods.
Biking with Baby - Buckle Up, and Let's Roll!
Bicycling with a baby or toddler is fun! What a wonderful way to see the world, enjoy a bit of fresh air, and get some exercise together! How can you select, install, and use the best bike seat for your child?
How can this be done safely?
First, pick a sturdy bike.
Traditional (handlebars-outwards) bikes are excellent for baby seats. These well-balanced bicycles offer super stability and great balance.
Fat-tire bikes (mountain and trail bikes) are even better. These tend to be the steadiest, when toting a tot. The extra-sturdy shock absorbers offer a comfortable ride as well.
Racing bikes (with curved handlebars and skinny tires) are more difficult to manage with an energetic child in the back. These bikes tend to tip a bit on turns, and skid much more easily as well. Toting a tot on a racer can be extremely tricky!
Select a safety seat.
Child bicycle safety seats may be front-facing or rear-facing.
Front-facing seats are ideal for infants and toddlers (through age three). These seats are mounted on a rack, which attaches securely to the rear axle and frame of the bike.
Most front-facing child carriers resemble car safety seats, with a hard outside shell and a shoulder harness that buckles between the child's legs. Rear-facing seats are the most commonly used child carrier for American bicyclists.
Rear-facing seats can be a bit challenging to manage. They tend to throw the bike's center of gravity off-balance. These seats are usually fastened to the front bar and handlebar rack.
On the plus side, an adult can easily watch and talk with a small child while riding with a rear-facing child seat. Such seats are much more common in Europe and Asia than in the U.S. These accommodate smaller children, but they are unsuitable for older toddlers, as the rider and passenger can become entangled.
Installing your baby bike seat:
Does the bike have a rear fender, shielding the child from mud, rocks, and roadway debris?
In the U.S., do not purchase a child safety seat that does not bear the ASTM 1625-00 safety mark of approval.
Watch for notices of product recalls. Often, a refund or repair may be made for free.
Check Consumer Reports for safety ratings of various seats before buying. Online comparison shopping is useful, as prices may vary considerably.
If you inherit a used child seat, or purchase a pre-used model, it is a good idea to allow a bicycle shop to inspect it for safety and possibly to install it for you, in case key components are missing.
Most new seats come with fairly simple directions. Usually, a basic wrench and screwdriver are all you need. (I put ours together on Easter Sunday, and we were riding in less than an hour.)
If you install the seat yourself, according to the manufacturer's directions, be sure that the child seat frame firmly placed and secured on the adult bike. Tighten all screws completely, and check them again periodically. (A few bumpy rides may loosen the hardware.)
Use your head!
Every child riding in a baby seat must wear a helmet. It's the law! Keep in mind that a bike helmet may weigh up to 12 oz., so a child's neck must be strong enough to carry that extra weight. Most pediatricians recommend waiting until a baby is at least six months old before taking him on a bike.
Check with your own pediatrician, if you are not sure whether your child is ready to ride along in a baby seat. Be aware that some U.S. states require children to be at least a year old before riding.
At any age, a child simply must wear an approved biking helmet. Strap it on, and buckle it securely before placing your child in his bike seat. (More tip-overs occur on stopped bikes than moving ones!)Don't forget your own helmet too!
Secure your child in the seat.
Be sure a child is securely and snugly fastened into the bike seat before proceeding. Are his feet safely tucked in, away from the wheels, gears, chain, and pedals?
When will a child outgrow the bike seat?
Children over 45 pounds are usually too tall and too heavy to sit comfortably in a child bike seat. Their feet may interrupt the bicycle wheels or spokes, and they may become too top-heavy for smooth riding.
However, by the time a child has reached this size, he is probably ready for a two-wheeled bicycle of his own (perhaps with training wheels).
What additional options are available?
Baby backpacks: Parents often walk around with children in backpacks (or front packs). Never attempt to juggle a baby this way, while riding a bicycle. This practice is extremely dangerous and even illegal in many states.
Bike Trailers: These provide an excellent alternative, while adding stability and better bike controllability. Trailers can carry multiple children (up to two kindergartners, totaling 100 pounds). If you use a trailer, you will want a rear-view mirror on your handlebars.
On the down side, the adult rider cannot view the children directly while riding the bike, and the children see the world backwards. Trailers are more difficult to maneuver in congested areas or on bumpy trails, where a single bike with a mounted bike seat can zip right through.