Bestselling Bathtub & Shower Diverter Valves in 2020
KOHLER K-15136-S-BN Coralais Diverter Bath Spout, Vibrant Brushed Nickel
Kohler K-T7751-3-CP Triton Three-Handle Wall-Mount Valve Trim, Polished Chrome
- Cross handles meet ADA requirements
- Ergonomic handle rotation provides on/off water control with only a quarter turn
- Integral diverter mechanism
- Wall-mount installation
- Trim only, requires valve to complete installation
Moen CL707 Shower Arm Diverter with Hand Shower Cradle, Chrome
- 2-way diverter allows use of hand shower and shower head independently or both at the same time
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Connection Size 1/2"; Connection Type: IPS
Kohler K-11748-KS-NA Rite-Temp Valve with Diverter
- Diverter valve provides seamless switching from a handshower/showerhead application or a showerhead/tub spout application
- When paired with compatible trim, (sold separately) this valve lets you set a maximum high and maintains your desired water temperature
- Provides anti-scald protection and temperature regulation at flow rates as low as 175 gpm; far below federally mandated standards of 25 gpm
- Features a diaphragm design that virtually eliminates freeze-ups from contamination and water debris
- Universal NPT and direct sweat connections need no additional parts for installation
Moen T62153EP Brantford Posi-Temp Tub and Shower Trim Kit Without Valve, 1, Chrome
- Chrome Finish To Create A Bright, Highly Reflective, Cool Grey Metallic Look
- Lever Design For Ease of Use
- Positemp Pressure-Balancing Valve Maintains Water Pressure and Controls Temperature
- Easy Clean Xlt Single Function Showerhead, Arm and Flange
- 7-1/2-" Tub Spout Length
Delta Faucet U4929-RB-PK 3-Way Shower Arm Diverter for Handshower, Venetian Bronze
- ADA compliant when installed properly
- Venetian Bronze
- See what Delta can do
KES Pressue Balance Shower Faucet Set ANTI-SCALD Single Handle Brass Rough-in Concealed Valve Stainless Steel Trim Wall Mount, Polished Chrome, LB6700
- BRASS VALVE: Faucet body is made from high quality brass, ensuring quality and longevity.
- EASY OPERATION: Single lever design for effortless flow and tempreture control.
- Pressure balancing and ceramic temperature regulating cartridge, equipped with adjustable temperature limit stop.
- Connection Size: 1/2 NPT
- Package includes valve, faceplate
Moen L2353 Chateau Tub and Shower Faucet Set with Moen's PosiTemp Shower Valve, Chrome
- Elegantly designed Moen Chateau Tub and Shower Faucet Set
- PosiTemp valves consistently maintain water pressure and control temperature
- 2 1/2-inch diameter showerhead for a concentrated rinse
- Mirror-like chrome finish. Spout connection type- slip fit
- Backed by Moen's Limited Lifetime Warranty
Artbath Shower System,Shower Faucet Set with Tub Spout and Plastic Shower Head Wall Mounted Shower Set.Shower Mixer Valve Control,White & Chrome
Sink Faucet Diverter with Aerator, Angle Simple Metal Adapter Water Diverter Valve Faucet to Bidet Sprayer Faucet Splitter RV Kitchen Sink Connector Diaper Sprayer Handheld Shower Convertor, Chrome
- CONVERT THE FAUCET TO A SPRAYER: this diverter valve is designed to connect the handheld shower / bidet hose to kitchen sink faucet or bathroom sink that has a removable aerator, it performs the function of switching the water flow from the faucet to a shower sprayer.
- CONVENIENT FOR RINSING / FILLING: this water diverter adapter allows you to use the sink for a warm water bidet setup. It's able to bathe dogs or wash hair in the sink. It can also hook up to the diaper sprayer or portable washing machine that has 1/2-inch pipe thread.
- SOLID MATERIAL & WELL MADE: this heavy duty diverter with clean look is solidly made of brass with hard plastic handle for durability and longevity, nice sleek chrome finish made to withstand daily rust, corrode and tarnish. Compact desigh nicely matches the fixtures.
- CONNECTION SIZE: the size of the top connector which attaches to the faucet nozzle is female 55/64"-27 (0.83" or 21mm), the side oulet fits the standard handheld shower hose that has 1/2-inch pipe thread. Please kindly check the product dimension or take measurement of the connected hose before buying.
- SMOOTH MOVEMENT & EASY ATTACHMENt: this water converter valve is simple to set up and take off, a hose can be directly attached to the side outlet of this valve; smoothly divert the sink water to the sprayer hose with the quarter turn lever.
How to Replace Diverter Valves on Audi's 2.7T Engine
This guide describes how I was able to change the diverter valves on my 2001 Audi allroad's engine. This 2.7T motor can be found in the following cars: Audi allroad 1999-2005 (C5 platform) Audi S4 1997-2001 (B5 platform) Audi A6 1994-2004 (C5 platform)
Common symptoms that can indicate a failed diverter valve can include a check engine light (CEL), a noticeable lack of power (especially under heavy acceleration, when the turbochargers would be at high pressure), and a "honking" sound under the conditions described above when the diverter valve would be operating (when the car is not accelerating). In my particular case, I had all three of these symptoms, although the honking sound was not as pronounced as other drivers have reported in their own experiences.
There are three basic options when confronted with a torn diverter valve: Replace the valve with a stock part, upgrade to a stronger VW/Audi/Porsche valve, or buy a third-party valve. My car was equipped with 710A valves from the factory. I decided not to replace them with the same part, as I didn't know how they would hold up under increased boost. The third-party metal valves lasted forever, but ultimately proved too expensive. I ended up upgrading to 710N valves, a newer version of the same part that was developed for the 225hp version of the Audi TT with the 1.8T engine. This guide should, however, apply for any diverter valve you choose to purchase.
(Optional, but recommended) 6mm small metric wrench
Removal amp; Installation
Once you open the hood, remove the engine cover that reads "2.7 Biturbo." This can be done by inserting the flat-head screwdriver into the cross-shaped fasteners and turning each a quarter turn to the left. The cover should pop off after you loosen the fasteners. Next, look for the diverter valves towards the bottom of the area you just exposed. The driver's side valve is located right next to the oil dipstick (feel free to remove the dipstick as it can get in the way somewhat). The valve forms a "T" shape with three hoses - one small one entering on the left (i.e. from the passenger side), and two medium sized hoses entering from the right and bottom of the valve. First, remove the smaller hose from the valve. You can simply pull this hose off, but it might take some prying with the screwdriver to loosen the hose near where it attaches to the valve. The other, larger hoses are attached with silver hose clamps. You can loosen these with the screwdriver, or, if it is more difficult to access with a screwdriver, you can loosen them with the 6mm wrench. Once you loosen the clamps, the valve pulls out of both hoses. Again, it might take some prying with the screwdriver to get the valve out - in my case, the valve had been on the car for 87,000 miles and took a lot of coaxing from the screwdriver to come out. Once it does, you're done! Repeat the same process for the passenger side valve (located symmetrically a couple inches to the left of the valve you just removed). Installing the new valve is exactly the opposite of removal - just fit the new valve into the hoses, slide the clamps into place, and tighten the clamps to secure the new valve into place. Enjoy your new, stronger diverter valves!