Bestselling Automotive Replacement Exhaust Coatings in 2020
Design Engineering 010303 High-Temperature Silicone Coating Spray - White
- Lasting protection for any hot surface up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Penetrates, seals, protects and prolongs the lifespan of exhaust wrap
- Works equally well on exhaust headers, pipes, engine blocks, and other applications where coatings are required
- Protection from abrasions, hot oil spills & road grime
- Recommended for use with DEI non-Titanium exhaust wraps
Patriot (H8600-B) 1-5/8" Black Coating Hi-Temperature Clippster Direct Replacement Exhaust Header with Dog Leg Ports 360
- 1968-74 AMC...
- 1972-79 Jeep CJ/Cherokee/Wagoneer/J10/J20...
- 1981-91 Jeep Cherokee/Wagoneer/J10/J20...
- 1-5/8" Primary...
Patriot (H8600-1) 1-5/8" Metallic Ceramic Coating Clippster Direct Replacement Exhaust Header with Dog Leg Ports 360
- Comes with full manufacturer warranty
- Fits multiple makes and models (contact seller with your vehicle for fitment compatibility information)
Flowmaster 15377B 4" Black Ceramic Coating Exhaust Tip
- Clamp On
- Universal Application
- Black and Ceramic
- Stainless Steel Construction
PaceSetter 70-1090 Black Exhaust Header
- CNC-machined, port-matched thick steel flanges provide postive seal at the head and unrestriced flow into the primary tubes
- All tubing is mandrel-bent, 16-gauge carbon steel for excellent durability
- Available with standard black paint finish or optional ARMOR*Coat metallic ceramic coating
- Unsurpassed fit and easy to install with basic skills
- Gaskets included
Thermo-Tec 12003 Copper High Heat Wrap Coating
- The coating will protect the wrap from abrasion and harmful liquid spills, extra resins and binders toughen the surface
- Extend the life of wrap by protecting it from friction and seal the pores to minimize the penetration of harmful liquids
- The coating also works excellent as a paint directly on metal surfaces
Design Engineering 010330 Motorcycle Exhaust Pipe Wrap Kit with Hi-Temp Silicone Coating Spray - Black Wrap / Black Spray
- A simple and effective way to control heat, protect against serious leg burns and improve performance
- Improve exhaust flow for better performance and increase horsepower
- Withstands direct continuous heat up to 1200 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prevents burns and protects against abrasions, hot oil spills, road grime and more
- Kit includes two rolls of 2" x 15 ft exhaust wrap, 1 can of Hi-Temp silicone coating spray, eight 8" stainless steel locking ties, and four 14" stainless steel locking ties
Patriot (H8096-B) 1-5/8" Black Coating Hi-Temperature Exhaust Header for Chevrolet 265-400 Engine
- 1978-1988 GM...
- 265-400 Small...
- 1-5/8'' Primary...
- Oval Port...
LEDAUT Heat Shield Insulation with Ties for Pipe 16' Roll Titanium Motorcycle Exhaust Tape Thermal Protection
- 2"X16' titanium exhaust wrap with (pack of 4)8" Stainless Steel(304) Locking Ties.
- Titanium heat shield material is from crushed volcanic rock.
- wrapped motorcycle exhaust can withstands 1400F direct/2000F radiant heat .
- Thermal heat wrap reduces heat under hood up to 50%.
- Heat shield protects drivers and mechanics from burns and improve car And motorcycle performance.
Duramake 2” X 50' Titanium Exhaust Header Heat Shield Wrap Motorcycle Pipe Insulation Roll With Stainless Steel Zip Ties
Thermo-Tec 12001: Exhaust Wrap Coating, High-Temperature, Black, 11 oz. Spray Can, Each (1)
Design Engineering 010134 Titanium Exhaust Heat Wrap with LR Technology, 4" x 100' Roll
- Titanium wrap is engineered to be stronger than most wraps and more durable for improved thermal performance and reliability
- Withstands 1800 degrees Fahrenheit direct heat and 2500-degree intermittent heat
- Promotes increased flow for improved performance; reduces temperature & vibration breakdown
- Extremely pliable for a tight and secure wrap
- High resistance to abrasions, oil spills, temperatures and vibration breakdown
Kool Seal KST063600-16 Elastomeric Roof Coating, 115 fl oz., Liquid, White,
- Clings to your roof in all temperatures.
- Protects against moisture.
- Mildew and algae resistant when cured.
- Environmentally compliant.
- Helps to absorb sound.
Ceramic Coatings: Energy Saving Solutions for Warm Weather Homes
Ceramic coatings have been around for almost 20 years but have never become a popular means of insulation because they do not have an R-value rating making it hard to judge the actual resistance to heat load.
Principles of Ceramic Coatings
Ceramic coatings are spray applied like paint to the exterior of a building surface (usually concrete or stucco). The ceramic coating idea was developed from the idea that NASA came up with to protect there space shuttles during reentry into the atmosphere. The resistance to heat load is calculated by emissivity which measures both the ability to reflect heat and the amount of heat that is loaded onto a surface. This is an important concept as most insulating materials concentrate on the thermal absorption based on a bench mark of 73 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature is certainly not the "normal" temperature for most of the United States and certainly not for Southern states where temperatures are consistently near 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Costs of Ceramic Coatings
Ceramic coating are available for purchase from specialty paint stores such as Sherman Williams and are also available through industrial coating suppliers. The rough cost is about $100/gallon which is very expensive, but can have a payback of two to three years .
Ceramic coatings are simply spray applied so they can be installed very quickly with absolutely no damage to the exterior that would normally come from retro insulation projects. Spraying the inside of a home with ceramic coatings can also aid in moisture issues all but eliminating mold and mildew issues.
Ceramic coatings are not approved to be used solely as the insulation material for a home. If you are building a new home in the South, this could save you huge amounts of energy on your utility bill and decrease your carbon footprint.