Bestselling Artists Drawing Sets in 2020
ROYAL BRUSH RYLRSET-DS3000 Sketching and Drawing Artist Set for Beginners, Multicolor
- Beginner artist sets by royal and langnickel are ideal for the beginning artist, featuring a "how-to" guide to help teach the new medium
- Art set features all the essential tools stored in a convenient wooden storage box with handle for ease of use, travel and storage
- Includes instruction booklet
- Wood box measures 13-inch by 6-1/4-inch by 2-inch
- Contents conform to ASTM D4236
Tikteck A4 Ultra-thin Portable LED Light Box Tracer USB Power Cable Dimmable Brightness LED Artcraft Tracing Light Box Light Pad for Artists Drawing Sketching Animation Stencilling X-rayViewing
Royal & Langnickel 124-Piece Sketching and Drawing Easel Artist Set
- Perfect for the avid pencil artist, student, or traveling artist regardless of age or experience
- Case converts into a table top easel permitting the artist on-the-go to set up a studio anywhere
- Storage box with easel measures 10-5/8-inch by 13-inch by 3-3/4-inch
- Also includes 12 pastel sticks, 1 sanding block, 1 sharpener, 12 graphite pencils, 3 woodless pencils, 3 charcoal pencils, 3 woodless charcoal pencils, 4 vine charcoal, 6 compressed graphite sticks and 1 easel/storage box
Royal & Langnickel Pink Art Beginner Artist Sketching and Drawing Wood Box Set
- The Beginner Art Sets by Royal & Langnickel are ideal for the beginning artist, featuring a "how-to" guide to help teach the new medium
- The art set features all the essential tools to start experimenting and drawing;
- Includes 6 graphite pencils, 12 color pencils, 3 charcoal pencils, 1 sketching/drawing pad, 3 blending stumps, 1 mannequin, and much more
- Wooden storage box measures 6-5/16-inch by 13-inch by 1-7/8-inch
- All supplies are stored in a convenient wooden storage box with handle for ease of use, travel, and storage
Royal & Langnickel RSET-SKET2000 Wooden Box Sketching Art Set, Multicolor
- Composition and permanence tables provide important information on the composition
- It remains our goal to earn your trust through the traditional way we do business
- Manufactured in china
5A-AKKU 18pcs Sketch Pencils Charcoal Pencils for Drawing With Roll Up Canvas Carry Bag Charcoal Drawing Set Eraser Craft Knife Pencil Extender 29pcs in Total for Beginners Artist Student
- 18 PIECES KIT SET--Charcoal drawing set all in one, include complete drawing kit for artists, student or drawing learner.Also,they are designed for writing, drawing and sketching on paper and matte drafting film.Suitable for children age up to 3 years old and adults
- HIGH QUALITY--Durable break-resistant metal craft knife + Stylish, lightweight canvas roll bag + Premium sharpened charcoal pencil set + Metal double-end pencil extender
- PACKAGE INCLUDED--18pcs Sketch Pencils set (HB/1pcs, B/1pcs, 2H/2pcs, 2B/4pcs, 3B/2pcs, 4B/4pcs, 5B/1pc, 6B/1pc, 7B/1pc, 8B/1pc), 3 Charcoal Pencils(Soft, Neutral, Hard), 4B Eraser/1pcs, Kneadable eraser/1pcs, Craft Knife/1pcs, Pencil Extender/1pcs, Pencil Bag/1pcs, 29pcs in total
- CONVENIENT TO CARRY--The ROLL pencil storage bag have individual slots for each pencil,it will protect your pen nib from damage and easy to carry.Also, your pen will always be in organized
- SERVICE--We will check every products before it shipped out.We provide 2 years warranty for free.Your problem can be solved in 24 hours
Drawing and Sketching Pencil Set In Zippered Carrying Case
- The customized zippered carrying case allows ease of travel while storing and protecting your art tools
- The Keep N' Carry features elastic bands to hold all your tools in place for easy traveling and storage
- Includes 12 graphite pencils, 1 white eraser, 1 sharpener, 1 drawing pad and 1 zippered carrying case
- Keep N' Carry measures 6-inch by 10-3/4-inch
ALEX Toys Artist Studio Artist Drawing Set
- 40 piece drawing set
- Everything you need to draw like a pro
- Create art in a rainbow assortment of colors
- Includes 12 colored pencils, 12 pastels, 12 sheet drawing pad, sharpener, kneaded eraser, sandpaper block, and blending stump
- Recommended for children 3 years of age and older
Art 101 142-Piece Wood Art Set
- Deluxe wood case with removal drawer to conveniently store art supplies
- 3 types of drawing and painting mediums including pencils, crayons pastels and watercolor painting
- Sturdy protective wood case to keep supplies organized
- Unlock the inner artist within
- Complete art set for hours of satisfying and creative fun
Sela Art-54 Pcs professional Art Pencil Set! Great For Drawing and Coloring. All in one: colored, watercolor, charcoal, metallic, sketch pencils + 4 accessories: brush, sharpener, eraser, and ruler !
- 54 PCS PROFESSIONAL ART PENCIL SET: 10 Sketching Pencils (5H,4H,3H,2H,HB,B,2B,3B,4B,5B),10 Colored Pencils (Brown, Orange, blue light, Blue, Green, Light Green, Pink, Red, Yellow, Black), 10 Metallic Pencils (Gold, Silver, Blue, Black, Violet, Olive, Green, Lavender, Indigo, Brown), 10 Charcoal Pencils (3 Medium, 4 Hard, 3 Soft), 10 Watercolor Pencils (Blue, Light Blue, Black, Green, Light Green, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Red, Brown) and 4 accessories!
- UNMATCHED QUALITY: With other art sets you can either choose quality or quantity but with this high quality art pencil set we throw that out the window and provide you with the best quality and quantity that you can hope to find. Each pencil is made with the utmost care and precision to make them durable and ideal for drawing, layering, sketching and even office use.
- SYMMETRICAL AND STYLISH: More than often we lose track of our pencils and coloring equipment simply because we have no place to store them safely. We provide these art pencils packed in stylish packaging that has designated areas for each pencil to be stored.
- THE PERFECT GIFT: In this day and age when finding a gift for someone you need to make sure that it actually has some educational value as well as being fun. This professional art pencil set is fun, educational and something any teen or adult that likes to draw or would like to learn drawing love to have. This is the ideal drawing gift for occasions like Christmas, Birthdays, Easter or any other occasion. With this set you can bring any design to life!
- DESIGNED BY ARTISTS FOR ARTISTS: This professional art pencil set was designed by artist keeping in mind the needs of current artists as well as the needs of people that strive to become artists or just love to have a great time drawing, sketching, layering or even drawing manga. We believe in providing the best value for money ! you get also 4 additional accessories (Brush, Eraser, Sharpener, and Ruler) so that you have everything you need to free the artist within you.
Pro Art 3078 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set
- Drawing set
- 18-piece set
- Great for beginners
- Holding and toggle clamps included to keep wood steady and ensure precise cuts every time
- Additional two sharpeners and two erasers
U.S. Art Supply 143 Piece-Mega Wood Box Art, Painting & Drawing Set, Now Contains a Bonus Color Mixing Wheel
- All the art supplies an artist needs to create his own art.
- Beginning artist will appreciate this supply-packed, comprehensive set. Whether working in colored pencil, oil pastel, watercolor, or with a traditional drawing pencil, everything you need is included.
- This comprehensive art set contains a remarkable 82 pieces all tucked safely and neatly into a portable, attractive wooden box
- Both wet and dry mediums, plus essential tools, comprise all the color you'll need for many creative experiences
- The set includes 24 colored pencils, 24 oil pastels, 24 round watercolor pans with mixing palette trays, 60 Wax Crayons, two camel hair brushes, 1 plastic ruler, a pencil sharpener, eraser & Bonus Color Mixing Wheel
ALEX Toys Artist Studio Essential Drawing Set
- 58 piece deluxe set includes everything a young artist needs for drawing and sketching
- Beautiful wooden carrying case and traditional mediums
- Includes wooden mannequin, 3 charcoal pencils, 4 pastel pencils, 6 sketching sticks, 6 charcoal sticks, 12 graphite pencils, 4 vine charcoals
- Also includes 12 compressed color sticks, 3 blending stumps, sharpener, kneaded eraser, drawing eraser, sandpaper block, ruler and artist sketch pad
- Recommended for children 8 years of age and older
Drawing Tools and Tips for Beginners
Drawing is a relaxing and fun hobby for anyone willing to take the time to learn it, step by step.
Good starter materials for drawing
A set of pencils, from 6H (very hard lead) all the way down to 6D (very soft lead)
An Ebony Pencil (it puts out a very dark graphite line)
A knead able eraser (Before using it, knead the heck out of it until it's very pliable. It is therapeutic to knead these things, when stressed.)
A white eraser, meant for artists, a good brand is Staedtler
Pad of Strathmore Sketch paper (50 lb paper weight, which means a lightweight paper) or Bond paper
Good lighting, such as an arm lamp
Start with the basics
With an HB (not too hard, not too soft) or regular pencil, start practicing sketching objects that aren't too complicated. I learned with oranges, pears, grapes, bananas and carrots. Draw each one, individually, ten times. Look at the shape and study it. Notice where the stem on it was, and how it rests on the table. Drawing is all about learning how to see objects as accurately as possible. Imagine following the edge of the object with your finger, and draw the silhouette on the paper. Then do it again. The idea is to learn to interpret what you see in three dimension (real life) into a two dimensional drawing (sketch.)
Put the fruit in a bright window with light coming at it from only one direction, so it casts a shadow on one side. Again, practice drawing each item, this time adding shading. See how different textured surfaces make the lighting a little bit different. For example, notice the skin of an orange as compared to a pear. One is smoother than the other. The shinier and smoother the subject, the more distinct the shading will be on its surface. On a rough object, shadows may be subtly mottled by each indentation or variation in the surface. Whatever the case, practice each fruit ten times again. Then, look at all the drawings you've done and notice how the last one is probably much better than the first. That is what practice does, it sharpens your seeing and helps you interpret what you see better on the paper.
When you have a large area to erase, use the white eraser. Erase lightly, in layers. If you erase hard, you may damage the paper. Paper can only handle so much manhandling, so it will start to break down if rubbed too much. To avoid that, use a light touch as you erase, and gently take off the unwanted area with one or two sweeps. If you want to erase a very small area but want to leave the area around it intact, use the knead able eraser. It will allow you to erase areas that the big, white eraser can't get into. When done, knead the eraser. You can use the same eraser over and over again. To clean graphite off a white eraser, just rub it repeatedly on a piece of scrap paper, to remove the dark graphite residue.
Experiment with different weights of pencils
The hardest pencils (H series) are for lighter colored shading and shadows. The softer pencils (B series) are for darker shading and shadows. The Ebony pencil is great for the darkest parts of shading and shadows. Experiment with them, and get used to using the different weights. After awhile you will become more comfortable switching from one to another. The 6H is the hardest; the 6B is the softest in the series. Try drawing fruit with the hard set, then try the same fruit with the soft set. Use your sharpener to keep the leads at comfortable sharpness for you. Finally, draw the fruit with both H and B series pencils, paying attention to using the H's for the object's lighter areas, and the B's for its darker ones. Use erasers to add highlights, too or for removing things. Add and subtract. Think of it as kind of drawing with the eraser itself, to create different tones and effects. Do ten of them, and remember to really focus on what you are seeing. Don't give up, remember, this is a practice exercise, and not meant for hanging on your wall. My practice art stayed hidden in my sketchbook, away from others. You don't have to make masterpieces, just enjoy what you're doing and experiment as you learn.
That is my mini drawing course in a nutshell. I have spent my life drawing, learning and trying new techniques and seeing what worked best for me. Believe in yourself. Focus on the object, and don't expect perfection. Right now is the beginning. Later you can switch to more interesting objects to draw. But, for now, stick with the fruit because they represent basic shapes like circles, crescents, and more. Adding color will come later, too. It's a lot of lessons all rolled into one, so take your time. You can do it, just believe in yourself. I believe you can do it, too so go for it!