Bestselling Anesthetic & Antiseptic Oral Rinses in 2023
Orajel Alcohol-Free Antiseptic Mouth Sore Rinse, Fresh Mint, 16 Fl Oz (Pack of 2)
Gly-Oxide Liquid Antiseptic Oral Cleanser | Cleanses Gum Irritation, Soothes Canker Sores, and Kills Germs | 2 oz
- Gly-Oxide cleanses canker sores and minor wounds or gum inflammation resulting from minor dental procedures, dentures, orthodontic appliances, accidental injury or other irritations of the mouth and gums.
- Gly-Oxide can help guard against the risk of infections in the mouth and gums.
- Plus, Gly-Oxide helps remove stains on dental appliances to improve appearance.
- Gly-Oxide may be used routinely to improve oral hygiene as an aid to regular brushing or when regular brushing is inadequate. It penetrates between teeth and other areas of the mouth to flush out food particles ordinary brushing can miss.
- Gly-Oxide kills germs to reduce mouth odors and/or odors on dental appliances.
Orajel Alcohol-Free Antiseptic Mouth Sore Rinse, 16 Fluid Oz
- Kills bacteria
- Promotes healing of sores inside mouth
- Mint flavor
CloSYS Original Ultra Sensitive Unflavored Mouthwash, pH balanced, helps soothe Sensitivity and Mouth Sores, Alcohol Free, 32 ounce
- Contains 1 - 32 ounce bottle of CloSYS mouth rinse (packaging may vary)
- Advanced oral care benefits without burning
- Made for sensitive mouths: no alcohol to 'burn' your mouth, works gently and effectively
- Kills 99.9% of germs for a noticeably cleaner and fresher mouth
- Alcohol-free, sulfate-free, triclosan-free, gluten-free
TheraBreath Dentist Formulated PerioTherapy HEALTHY GUMS Oral Rinse, 16.9 Ounce (Pack of 2)
- Dentist formulated to help treat irritated, sore gums and other periodontal problems
- Helpful for gum problems associated with pregnancy, menopause, and other medical conditions
- With Zinc to neutralize many anabolic bacteria linked to periodontal concerns and With CoQ10 to help restore gum tissues and reduce 'pink in the sink'
- No alcohol, artificial flavors or colors. Certified Vegan, Gluten Free, and Kosher.Use after your normal brushing and flossing routine; Rinse toothpaste from mouth prior to use.For Adults and Children 6 years and older: Children under 6 years of age should not use.Instruct children 6 years to 11 years of age: Supervise use
- Buffered, non-acidic formula with an a neutral flavor that doesn't irritate or inflame sensitive gum tissues
Ulcer Ease - Anesthetic Mouth Rinse for Relief of Mouth and Throat Irritations - 6 fl oz Bottle (178 ml)
- Alters the mouth's pH level to foster a healing environment for oral irritations from braces, lesions, and dental appliances.
- Ulcerease leaves out harsh additives, preventing further damage and pain to oral irritations. It also contains no alcohol, sugar, or artificial flavorings so it is safe for diabetics.
- Low dose of phenol provides quick pain relief while sodium bicarbonate works to soothe and cleanse the mouth.
- Safe and effective formula is gentle on the mouth, but tough on pain. Promotes oral heath without added taste and does not stain teeth.
- 3 steps is all it takes to get fast- acting pain relief. All you need to do is rinse for 15 seconds, spit out, dry mouth. For best results, continue treatment for 2 days.
Gly-Oxide Liquid Antiseptic Oral Cleanser - 2 fl Ounces
- For temporary use in cleansing canker sores, minor wounds, gum inflammation, or other irritations
- Helps guard against the risk of infections in the mouth and gums
- May be used routinely to improve oral hygiene as an aid to regular brushing
- Can remove stains on dental appliances to improve appearance
- Please read all label information on delivery
Gly-Oxide Antiseptic Oral Cleanser for Minor Mouth or Gum Irritations
- Cleanses dental appliance irritations
- Soothes canker sores
- Kills odor-forming germs
- Cleans minor wounds or gum inflammation resulting from minor dental procedures, dentures, orthodontic appliances, accidental injury, or other irritations of the mouth and gums.
- NOTE: Please read box or container for all warnings and directions
Listerine Ultraclean Oral Care Antiseptic Mouthwash with Everfresh Technology to Help Fight Bad Breath, Gingivitis, Plaque and Tartar, Cool Mint, 500 ml
- 500-mL bottle of Listerine Ultraclean Cool Mint Antiseptic Mouthwash to fight tartar buildup & kill 99.9% of germs that cause bad breath, plaque, and gingivitis and provides up to 3x longer lasting clean feeling versus brushing alone
- Oral care mouthwash has the benefits of original Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash with an added tartar control ingredient for cleaner teeth
- Helps prevent tartar buildup and maintains healthy gums while providing fresh breath and a dentist-clean, fresh feeling that lasts for hours
- Features a refreshing Cool Mint flavor & powerful Everfresh technology that provides a fresh, clean feeling that lasts for hours, up to 3x longer than brushing alone
- With approximately two weeks of supply, achieve maximum results from this fresh breath mouthwash by rinsing mouth for 30 seconds twice a day, both morning and night, and experience a refreshing, dentist-clean feeling
StellaLife VEGA Oral Rinse: Dry Mouth Mouthwash, Natural Daily Dental Hygiene for Healthy Gums, Fresh Breath, Mint Taste, Gluten Free, Antimicrobial, Xylitol, Advanced Healing After Dental Procedures
- DRY MOUTH: Quick and lasting relief. Hydrates and moisturizes.*
- ALL NATURAL: Promotes oral health and healthy gums/teeth. Great for daily use.*
- CLINICALLY PROVEN: Kills bacteria that cause tooth decay & periodontal disease. Recommended by THE DENTAL ADVISOR.*
- HEAL FASTER: StellaLife Gel & Rinse accelerate recovery and reduce pain after dental procedures with fewer opioids*
- Natural, organic ingredients, sugar-free, gluten-free, non-toxic, non-GMO.*
Mountain Falls Pre-Brush Dental Rinse, Mint, Compare to Plax, 16 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 4)
- Helps loosen plaque
- Leaves your mouth with a clean, fresh feeling
- Starts to work before you brush your teeth
- Child resistant cap
- Mint flavor
- Not tested on animals
- Compare to Plax Mint Mouthwash
Colgate Peroxyl Oral Cleansers, Mild Mint, 16.9 oz
- Antiseptic Oral Cleanser
- Romotes healing of oral irritations
- Original flavor
Mountain Falls Antiseptic Mouthwash, Original, Compare to Listerine, 50.7 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 4)
- Kills germs that cause plaque, gingivitis and bad breath
- For better oral hygiene and protection against bad breath
- Antiseptic mouth rinse and gargle
- For refreshing oral care
- Not tested on animals
- Compare to Listerine Antiseptic Original Mouthwash
"Swish-and-Spit" Cancer Test as Easy to Use as Mouth Rinse
"Swish-and-Spit" type of test has been developed for the detection of head and neck cancer. It is as easy as using mouthwash, but in studies it has been shown to be quite accurate.
There are several types of head and neck cancer. The cancer often begins in the soft and moist skin that lines the inside of the mouth, nose, and throat. It can also be found on the tongue and lips, in the sinuses, salivary glands, voice box, and neck lymph nodes. First warning signs are usually a lump in the neck, voice changes, a growth in the mouth, bringing up blood, problems swallowing, skin changes, and/or persistent earache. Traditional treatment options include surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy.
Some people are at a higher risk of developing head and neck cancer. Tobacco use is one of the leading causes. About eighty-five percent of the cases are linked to cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, or snuff. Another major risk factor is alcohol use. Additionally, prolonged sun exposure can be a risk factor for this type of cancer.
Especially in people with high risk factors, the early detection of head and neck cancer is crucial. The new "Swish-and-Spit" test could one day be a reliable tool for this purpose. The test is essentially a special salt solution mouth rinse, which captures common genetic signatures of head and neck cancer in the user's mouth. This cost-efficient test is easy to perform and painless. Since, some of the head and neck tumors do not shed genetic material into the blood stream, a saliva rinse test that captures genetic material from a wide area of the mouth could be the better option for the detection of this kind of cancer
The "Swish-and-Spit" was tested in a study conducted at Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center. 211 head and neck cancer patients were asked to brush the inside of their mouths. Then they had to rinse and gargle with the special mouth rinse. Additionally, 527 people, who did not have mouth, larynx, or pharynx cancer, performed the same procedures.
The rinsed saliva gathered by the scientists was filtered to separate out cells, which have one or more of twenty-one bits of chemically altered genes common only to head and neck cancers. Furthermore, the scientists gathered tumor and blood samples.
Unfortunately, every cancer development has its own unique genetic signature. Therefore, several gene signatures had to be combined in order to be able to identify a larger percentage of cancer patients. The scientists were able to identify seven of the twenty-one hypermethylated genes as being the best predictors for head and neck cancer in the saliva samples.
The scientists tested combinations of these seven genes on the saliva rinses in sets of three to five. They were able to find a combination panel that correctly identified 42.9 percent of the patients with the disease. This particular combination panel was also able to accurately rule out head and neck cancer in 81.9 percent of the healthy comparison group.
Although, this study has proven the saliva rinse test to be quite reliable, further research and tests have to be conducted in order to refine and perfect the product by including additional genetic material.